IGNORED

Front Two

RegC

So, having seen Robbo & Leroy draw a blank yesterday, who would your first choice partnership up top be? I'd go for Miller & Heff; harsh on Leroy but we can't really ignore Heff after paying good money for him and his record last season. That means that Robbo & Leroy on the bench, maybe with Gillespie as well. Other than that, now Doherty & Coles are fit (more like 'fit' in Tommy's case!) & Wilkshire's back from the Olympics, it looks like our best 11 is finally taking shape. Views???

Roberts should be given a run at the front.

At the tail end of last season he scored a few in a limited run up front.

and whilst his apparant attitude on field drives me to distraction, he is dangerous and can hold it up and more importantly cross it.

On yesterdays evidence Lita could alternate with Miller depending on the type of team we play. (Peterboro will be altogether different, as they play a lot of high balls)

I would have like to have seen Gillespie or Heff for 10 minutes yesterday, if nothing else to give them some confidence (although looking at Gillespie larking about he looks like he is fine!)

The fact was that although they drew blanks yesterday, that enabled both flanks to score twice. so maybe it isn't allways about getting the goals yourself.

:)

Why not Roberts and Lita?

Both contributed greatly to a team effort. We won convincingly and I thought the team spirit was great.

No partnership gels on day 1, however, if they keep teams on the back-foot and allow others room; who gives a flying flip whether they are amongst the scorers as long as we win?

I would be shocked and very disappointed if the same side doesn't start for at least the next game.

I can't believe what I'm reading. We win a game 4-1 and people want both of our front two dropped. Roberts and Lita had a hand in THREE of the goals. As I have said before, we score more goals when Roberts is playing CENTRE FORWARD. Have a look at our results and check the facts for yourselves. This cannot be by accident, surely.

Both contributed greatly to a team effort.  We won convincingly and I thought the team spirit was great.

No partnership gels on day 1, however, if they keep teams on the back-foot and allow others room; who gives a flying flip whether they are amongst the scorers as long as we win?

I would be shocked and very disappointed if the same side doesn't start for at least the next game.

Totally agree.

Both contributed greatly to a team effort.  We won convincingly and I thought the team spirit was great.

I agree but I would like to see Heffernan and Miller given a run at some stage in the season, Heffernan got 22 goals for a relegated side last year working with a target man :)

Guest simmos the gaffer

Long term Miller and Heff but i agree Tins can't change the side at the mo. He needs to have learned from the first few games and make gradual not wholesale change. I think Heff will be introduced in place of Lita over the coming weeks although i guess the threat of strikers on the bench should inspire those who currently hold the shirts but that would be a nice problem to have!!!!

:grr:

Archived