IGNORED

Idiots Giving Running Commentaries

swindlered

I agree that smoking should be banned. Whilst no danger to your physical health I cannot stand idiot fans who feel forced to share their views (often misguided) with the rest of the stand for the whole ninety minutes.

We are entitled to share are opinions but to subject those around you to pure drivel for the whole game should be an evictable offence.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

There's a bloke in D block of the Williams, sits with a group of older fellas and god does he like to say his opinions just loud enough for everyone to hear.

So if you sit in Williams block D, at the back next to the steps, do yourself a favour and pipe down, you make yourself look/sound silly.

I agree that smoking should be banned. Whilst no danger to your physical health I cannot stand idiot fans who feel forced to share their views (often misguided) with the rest of the stand for the whole ninety minutes.

We are entitled to share are opinions but to subject those around you to pure drivel for the whole game should be an evictable offence.

Couldn't agree more. My part of the Atyeo has some real characters who I actually enjoy. Their catchphrases such as "10 yards you bottlers!" and "you never made it (insert name of opposition player)" have the same effect as "listen very carefully, I shall say this only once" did many years ago. But every now and then, there's 2 or 3 people who take the seat behind my season ticket seat and rabbit incessently about what's going, who's doing what, who's not finding the space, how many players should be in the wall and on and on and on.

It's a free world so I put up with it but any initiatives taken by the board to stamp out inane running commentaries would probably get my vote.

Couldn't agree more. My part of the Atyeo has some real characters who I actually enjoy. Their catchphrases such as "10 yards you bottlers!" and "you never made it (insert name of opposition player)" have the same effect as "listen very carefully, I shall say this only once" did many years ago. But every now and then, there's 2 or 3 people who take the seat behind my season ticket seat and rabbit incessently about what's going, who's doing what, who's not finding the space, how many players should be in the wall and on and on and on.

It's a free world so I put up with it but any initiatives taken by the board to stamp out inane running commentaries would probably get my vote.

Milo - Just a quick question but do you sit in block F of the Atteyo ?? The bloke that shouts out you never made it ........... Makes me laugh every game !

As for the bloke that sits behind Swindle red and Boxing Kangaroo giving us the running commentary he deserves a slap for being the most annoying person i have sat near at AG. It might help if he knew what he was talking about, but more often or not really doesnt have a clue.

Milo - Just a quick question but do you sit in block F of the Atteyo ?? The bloke that shouts out you never made it ........... Makes me laugh every game !

Block F Row T. The gentleman in question sits 4 seats to my left and while we say hello to each other I don't know his name. Also famous for shouting 'Baldy' at opposition players - those sat behind him will see the humour as his scalp is pretty shiny. City Legend.

Block F Row T. The gentleman in question sits 4 seats to my left and while we say hello to each other I don't know his name. Also famous for shouting 'Baldy' at opposition players - those sat behind him will see the humour as his scalp is pretty shiny. City Legend.

Err, hang about. How old is this guy? I remember standing on the East End about 15 years ago and some fella near me used to shout the very same thing, week in, week out. I wonder if it's the same person? The cold winter evenings must just fly by in his house!

Simple solution: house the smokers and commentators in one section of the ground. It'll cure both (except for those that do both).

PS Willsbridge: You dont like commentators? You tree-hugging hypocrite :)

I have to confess I do talk out load during a football match to my brothers. I don't scream it though. I tend not to listen to anyone elses babbling as I am too interested in the game and not going to be distracted by anyone even if they are spouting support for playing 4-3-3 :) . I am too interested in City to bother listening to what others have to say.

What p*sses me off is City fans leaving early. That gets my goat as it obscures proper fans view of the game. Towards the end of games when some City fans at Ashton Gate leave early and other sections of Ashton Gate are singing "cheerio cheerio" and "we can see you sneaking out" towards the away fans I am half tempted to sing along and wave at our own ****headed fans leaving early.

I mean you have to be some sort of ******** to leave early against Brentford the other day. Not everyone of those "fans" had a legitimate reason for leaving early e.g. their wife giving birth ;)

My god I am ranting as if their were a match on ;)

hummm.. I'm in atyeo block F... Row C though.... I must of seen you a few times.. I sit down with my mate to the left and my old dear next to me..

we always stand untill kick off.. Row T is in the bottom block of F isnt it?

What p*sses me off is City fans leaving early. That gets my goat as it obscures proper fans view of the game. Towards the end of games when some City fans at Ashton Gate leave early and other sections of Ashton Gate are singing "cheerio cheerio" and "we can see you sneaking out" towards the away fans I am half tempted to sing along and wave at our own ****headed fans leaving early.

Totally agree, I pity the poor fools in their sad desperation to get to their cars before anyone else. Maybe we could allocate them numbers and then have a sweepstake on which one can get to their car first. At least this would then generate some extra excitement at the end of games. Also any fan who can consistently get to their car before the final whistle sounded could have a special award.

How about we whinge about those that leave their rubbish under your seat next?

How about we whinge about those that leave their rubbish under your seat next?

No I'll just settle for complaining about the inconsiderate people that obscure the view for others. We'll leave the litter bugs for another day :) At least litter bugs don't stop me watching my team.

As for the bloke that sits behind Swindle red and Boxing Kangaroo giving us the running commentary he deserves a slap for being the most annoying person i have sat near at AG. It might help if he knew what he was talking about, but more often or not really doesnt have a clue.

Couldn't agree more, people who insist on doing a running commentary are very annoying. It would be okay if they knew what they are talking about but more often than not they don't have a clue.

As Private Cider just said the bloke/kid behind us in the Atyeo (Block F, Row V - you know who you are !!!) is one of these people and to make it worse he has a really annoying whiney Brizzle accent.

On the upside the baldy bloke who shouts "you never made it" is always good for laugh though.

Err, hang about.  How old is this guy?  I remember standing on the East End about 15 years ago and some fella near me used to shout the very same thing, week in, week out.  I wonder if it's the same person?  The cold winter evenings must just fly by in his house!

I'd say mid to late 30s so i guess he's been going at least 15 years - that would explain the hair loss!

hummm.. I'm in atyeo block F... Row C though.... I must of seen you a few times.. I sit down with my mate to the left and my old dear next to me..

we always stand untill kick off.. Row T is in the bottom block of F isnt it?

Actually it's in the top block about 6 or 7 rows from the back. Block F is surely the best angle in the stadium when Scott Murray's on fire, bursting down the wing and cutting inside, slotting it home and punching the air. Its also a good view to look down at Row C - I'll look out for you!

Archived