IGNORED

Anyone Notice?

Robbored

A very significant absence of long balls.Its no co-incidence that City won comfortably.

What a delight to see Hill,Bulter and Coles trying to pass the ball out of defence rather than welly it aimlessly forward as usual.I can only recall one punt from Hill which,not suprising came straight back.

I don't whether BT has instructed the back boys not to heave the ball over the top but I was so pleased to see the City defence trying to play football even though' it goes against the grain.

There was an absence of any height up front with Roberts and Lita both being under 6ft so that may have accounted for some caution and if City do sign a target man I hope that won't encourage a return to the old "ale house ball".

The bottom line is that by passing the ball you make the opposition chase around and they can get frustrated and more tired as the game goes on.

It ain't rocket science,after all..

Even Butler tried to pass the ball on Monday!!

The team passed the ball through the team on a number of occasions which resulted in 'scoring oppertunities' or chances to get balls into the box. Very pleasing to watch.

And i also noticed that Hill & Smith were getting forward and surporting their wingers and i saw the return of short & effective 'triangle passing' a few times. Doherty would come to the wing, recieve the ball of Murray/Wilkshire, knock it to Hill/Smith and they'd chip it back to the advancing Winger.

Much better City, Keep it up

Guest LeicesterRed

We have the talent in the team to keep the ball on the ground and play some nice stuff. that showed today.

One thing i noticed was nearly every throw in from matt Hill resulted in the Opposition getting the ball. We certainly need a prescence up front.

Great display on Monday, well pleased i kept the faith and travelled to the match.

Archived