IGNORED

Steve Phillips' Comments...

KingswoodRed

And wasn't it Tinman himself who was saying the squad weren't trying hard enough ? (all that stuff about 'I gave my all in my 11 years here and other players arent doing the same...')

So does he think TINMAN doesn't know what he's talking about ?

I wonder if some of Phillips comments about supporters are counter-productive. Every time we play badly he seems to take a swipe at the fans. I can understand his frustration, but maybe he'd be better off biting his lip.

I'm probably going to get slated, but what the heck...

I just wish Phillips would take some share of the blame himself when he makes a mistake. I don't expect him to be perfect but whenever he messes up he is always ready to rip into the nearest defender, even if they haven't caused the error. If he could stand and watch himself there's no way he could have a dig at us fans either.

This is a part of Phillips' game that I really don't like. If only he would have the decency to hold his hand up sometimes and aknowledge his faults. The lack of competition for his place over the last few seasons also needs to be sorted.

As a keeper i always look at someone to blame if i'd made a mistake, its merely a way of venting frustration.

In regard to his comments nice to hear someone sticking up for the boss, what with all the doubters we need a player or 2 to come out and back tins.

Sticking up for the Boss or just towing the Company line?

Steve Phillips seems a nice enough bloke (I've never met him though)

His comments however, were hardly the rallying call I wished for

It was almost as if the words were a bit empty(?)

Fair enough the players should have a right to reply, but.............

Like many of us I pay considerable amount of money to see our team play 3rd Division football......... yes read that again 3rd Division football

We need to get back up to the Second.

With the performances in the first few games our lack of points may make it even harder this season.

I still hold my reservations reagrding the events of the closed season

However like Steve Phillips I'm behind our team and manager.... none of us want them to fail.

COME ON YOU REDS....... UP THE CITY!

Thats debateable some of the city fans i talk to and read on here!

Stands to reason ....... If they really want the team to fail then they need to look long and hard at what 'Bristol City' means to them.

The true supporter, no mater what they might say, will follow this Great team until the end and there are far more true supporters who know in their heart of hearts we are the 'Greatest Team The World Has Ever Seen'.... In Bristol if not the world :grr:

We live in interesting times.

Another player coming out saying exactly what you'd expect them to say.

Thats Lita,and now Phillips.Probably we'll hear from the whole team over the season and none of them will say anything that could be described as interesting.

I don't why the club post these bland and predictable interviews.Space fillers I suppose.

Or another example of the "excellent" PR machine of this club! Sorry but the kind of stuff that appears on the website as quotes from players and manager is often ill advised and misleading, guaranteed to irritate fans and get misquoted in Bristol's general media. Wilson suffered from it last season (right up to the end) and Tins and players (Wilkshire/Phillips etc) are suffering from it now.

Guest Jutland Road

Enough to send me to sle....................... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12:

Dead right.

I complained about this weeks ago.

The problem is that the club have to post a certain number of stories in order that they get paid, so that's why there's all that nonsense on there.

I said if I see one more "We're up for it" post I'll scream and I've been screaming ever since. :grr:

Some people might be interested in the womens team but, frankly, I'm not, at all.

Like you I'd like news and the WDP having a right up about targetmen is far more interesting to me so I think I'll go on their website!

Calm down - someone has obviously upset you, granted criticism is hard to take but it's going to happen sometime, fans just want a team they can be prous of and something to shout about on a Sat afternoon. I don't condone personal criticism but it's just frustrating when the team don't perform like we know they can and it makes some people go a bit to far.

Don't take it to heart, go for a long drive in the country or something, get it out of your system.

If Phillips put more effort into defending crosses, rather than defending his inadequacies-then we might have experienced a better start to the season. A good shot stopper and very little else- he flatters to decieve.

If Phillips was as good as you'd expect him to be, he wouldn't be here - he'd be keeping for a premiership team.

He's saved us quite a bit this season so far - some cracking saves have made the scoreline not as bad as it could have been.

I'd say he was good for a Division 3 keeper.

Phillips is certainly not one of the stongest points of our team but neither is he the weakest. how many other teams would have matty hill as a left back. centre back maybe but left back where you need to be able to pass and overlap and cross a ball..........

back to phillips he also drives me mad in the way he strips a layer off everyone else in the team even when it's his often his fault we screwed up. sometimes he really does need a slap. think he has a very high opinion of hiself whcih has no doubt been made worse by his inclusion in the PFA teaa of the year.

Another player coming out saying exactly what you'd expect them to say.

Thats Lita,and now Phillips.Probably we'll hear from the whole team over the season and none of them will say anything that could be described as interesting.

I don't why the club post these bland and predictable interviews.Space fillers I suppose.

And you lot didnt bat an eyelid when, over the last 4 years if we lost wilson would praise the opposition!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those damn players showing they care, how dare they, hang them all and while your at ti tinman seems to love this club, that son of a bi**h what is he thinking!!!! Speaking with passion on the radio get out of our club!!!!!

Stop being so damn fickle would you prefer it if the players came out and said they didnt give a monkeys? I bet if Roberts had said it you'd of loved that wouldnt you?

Archived