IGNORED

That Nasty Welsh Cardiff Supporting

Ian M

.....has today expressed his commitment to staying at Bristol City for the LONG-TERM, despite it being obvious to us all that he hates everything to do with us  :grr:

Robbo's Lost His Mind

NB Please engage brain before replying.....

Couldn't get the link to work Madger, just took me to a blank. What did it say, was Chris just saying things or has he signed an extended contract?

Cheers

I only got the blank page as well Madger :city:

I gather from your text that Robbo is once again saying I am here and want to be; let's hope the message finally sinks in.

BTW. If I was wanted by Cardiff to play professional football, I would do it without hesitiation. Of course, as expected, I would suddenly dislike Bristol City forever and wish them only bad luck.

I would also do cart-wheels if I scored against City in a fixture and wave gleefully to the Dolman and laugh! :grr:

.....has today expressed his commitment to staying at Bristol City for the LONG-TERM, despite it being obvious to us all that he hates everything to do with us  :grr:

Robbo's Lost His Mind

Can't get your link, Madger, so i'm going to reply at face value.

I hope Roberts does stay long term - his record of scoring vital goals and his versatility up front make him an invaluable asset. Likely to improve further and be effective in a higher division too.

And he's popular with at least 75% of City fans, a figure that few City players achieve.

Don't hang about City, give Roberts a new 3 year contract NOW.

Come on guys this statement means FA, all players say that!

Really? Don't remember Thorpe saying that when he was in the last year of his contract.

Wants 'to commit himself to City for years to come' - don't remember Aaron Brown or Peacock saying that either!

Really? Don't remember Thorpe saying that when he was in the last year of his contract.

Wants 'to commit himself to City for years to come' - don't remember Aaron Brown or Peacock saying that either!

:rolleyes::ph34r::clap::clap::clap:

Well spoken my son, one problem is that what was said above your post. Should Cardiff come in for him he'll go, hihc is true, because its his home side. The fact that Cardiff are our local rivals makes more and more City fans dislike him, but coming out saying that he wants to extend his contrct is a good sign of dedication. All credit to him.

I only got the blank page as well Madger  :clap:

I gather from your text that Robbo is once again saying I am here and want to be; let's hope the message finally sinks in.

BTW.  If I was wanted by Cardiff to play professional football, I would do it without hesitiation.  Of course, as expected, I would suddenly dislike Bristol City forever and wish them only bad luck. 

I would also do cart-wheels if I scored against City in a fixture and wave gleefully to the Dolman and laugh!  :clap:

Whew, for a minute there I actually thought he wanted to stay!!!! :rolleyes::ph34r:

It's not really about Cardiff, who may or not come in for him now that their Ernie has gone, it's more about he does not want to move anywhere.

There has been a lot of talk about him being swopped and going on season loans etc, this is him saying he is not wanting to go. So get behind him and support him!!!

If he was saying, well I was dead keen to get away from this club and their fans, fair enough, but he isn't. He wants the same as we do...promotion for Bristol city. :rolleyes:

This talk of if Cardiff came in for him he will go, is plain obvious.

Would anybody blame him for going if Cardiff did come in? It is his boyhhod club.

Predicament: You are a reasonable footballer playing for City. You get released, you are gutted.

You try to make the most of your career and have a reasonable spell at a local(ish) rival.

City come in for you and want you back. Would you go? Truthfully?

I'd be gone in a shot. I want to run out to cheers from my own, not jeers from people who won't give me a decent chance! :rolleyes:

This talk of if Cardiff came in for him he will go, is plain obvious.

Would anybody blame him for going if Cardiff did come in?  It is his boyhhod club.

Predicament:  You are a reasonable footballer playing for City.  You get released, you are gutted. 

You try to make the most of your career and have a reasonable spell at a local(ish) rival.

City come in for you and want you back.  Would you go?  Truthfully? 

I'd be gone in a shot.  I want to run out to cheers from my own, not jeers from people who won't give me a decent chance!  :rolleyes:

Thats right it is obvious, i used Cardiff as an example of how far player x's loyalty stretchs. A player saying he wants to have finacial security for another few years means nothing to me, ive heard a 1001 players saying i want to get this club promoted blah blah blah etc. Its a professional game, therefor you have to conduct yourself in a professional way.

Would you say to your employer that you dont really care what happens to the company as long as your being chosen to do the job your were hired for and getting paid....wouldnt go down to well would it. Yet if you said to your boss oh i love it here and want to be a part of big things, dont you think your colleagues would think you are just a brown noser?

What the Roberts story comes down to is a journalist asking a question to get a specific answer. How many players call a press conference to announce that they want a future at the club? I hope Robbo IS around for a couple more seasons at least, he is the type of player who can be a fans favourite but as we all know to well, any player at Ashton Gate can soon fall out of favour with the fans regardless if they have had a decent chance or not.

I've never been the "Welsh Wonders" biggest fan, however, I have to say that he has a right to be slightly peeved by both DW & BT trying to replace him with players who are either unproven or no better.

As value for money goes, Roberts, with his goals last season and the one before, has to be judged as a far better investment than Miller, Peacock & Matthews.

The problem, as I keep saying ad nauseum, is that we have assembled very similar players and they ALL need a target man to play off.

My fury that we haven't got one stems from the fact that it was just plain daft to sign Heffernan, without having a bloke for him to play off.

If the kind of formation that we played against Brentford doesn't work, I'd even try Fortune or Orr up front.

Really? I remember a story from Peacock that stated that he really loved the area and wanted a new contract. I think it was accompanied by a sob story about selling his Porshe to prove how much the new father wanted stability in his life.

As for Brown and Thorpe they both knew that they could get improved terms elsewhere so there was no need for this type of statement. Shame for Brown that he failed to realise the extent of his injury.

I'm afraid Robbo is not as good as those two players and there is no stampede from championship clubs for his signiture. If there was he would be gone just like the rest of the team. (Murray excluded)

Guest monster red

Talk is cheap!! So he said all the right things when talking to the press,so what!!

I'd like to see him do the business where it matters! what did you all expect him to say??

Personnaly I think he's a waster, bags of ability but not willing to put the work in. You all say he did well against Brentford ,did he? yeah he caused a few problems but yet again when it come to the crunch he fail down time after time, guilty of glaring misses in front of goal and delaying vital passes which should of lead to more goals for his team mates!!

:rolleyes:

Really? I remember a story from Peacock that stated that he really loved the area and wanted a new contract. I think it was accompanied by a sob story about selling his Porshe to prove how much the new father wanted stability in his life.

As for Brown and Thorpe they both knew that they could get improved terms elsewhere so there was no need for this type of statement. Shame for Brown that he failed to realise the extent of his injury.

I'm afraid Robbo is not as good as those two players and there is no stampede from championship clubs for his signiture. If there was he would be gone just like the rest of the team. (Murray excluded)

I'll accept your point about Peacock though i didn't see the quote myself.

You said "all players say that", clearly that was wrong.

Did Thorpe get improved terms elsewhere? Hardly a stampede for the blighters signature and with what he was absurdly supposedly on at City, i very much doubt it.

Whether Roberts is as good as these two players is certainly open to debate, without doubt he has provided more goals and exciting moments in 2 and a half years than Brown did in God knows how many and he never goes missing either.

Can't be compared properly with Peacock as Peacock was undroppable even when playing poorly and not scoring. Roberts record for City suggests that given an 'undroppable season' himself he would at least match Peacock's goal tally.

There has been no "stampede" from Championship clubs for ANY of our players, but there are those that strike me as alot LESS committed to Bristol City than Christian Roberts.

Talk is cheap!! So he said all the right things when talking to the press,so what!!

I'd like to see him do the business where it matters! what did you all expect him to say??   

Personnaly I think he's a waster, bags of ability but not willing to put the work in. You all say he did well against Brentford ,did he? yeah he caused a few problems but yet again when it come to the crunch he fail down time after time, guilty of glaring misses in front of goal and delaying vital passes which should of lead to more goals for his team mates!!

:rolleyes:

On numerous occasions he was waiting for his strike partner to get back onside.

Apart from that Roberts played some visionary wing switching passes and created space and goals for others with extremely intelligent runs.

He didn't score, but that's not the ONLY 'business' he's on the pitch for.

Thats nice to hear, but say for example Cardiff came in for him tomorrow he'd be off in a flash.

Yes no doubt he would assuming City accepted the offer. Mind you, if i'd signed for City i'm not sure if i'd ever want to return if they'd previously sold me to Exeter. He must have had more stick from Cardiff fans in the games he scored for City against them than he's ever had from City's misguided few.

It means very little anyway - Heffernan, Miller, Lita, even Doherty would also no doubt accept the step-up in Division and wages if City accepted an offer from Cardiff for any of them.

If he's playing as one of the front two, it's pretty much his main business I would say.

No striker scores in every game.

The next best thing is to get shots and crosses in, create space and chances for others, harrass and close down the defence and get thoroughly involved in the attacking action. Also don't get caught offside too often or get in the way of your strike partner when he's about to score. :rolleyes:

Full marks to Roberts on these points, hopefully a goal will follow tomorrow.

The next best thing is to get shots and crosses in, create space and chances for others, harrass and close down the defence and get thoroughly involved in the attacking action. Also don't get caught offside too often or get in the way of your strike partner when he's about to score. 

No good telling me, it's him you should be telling this to. Especially the bit about getting back onside after an attack has broken down. Our forward just walk back, no chance of a quick break if we regain possession.

You said "all players say that", clearly that was wrong.

Did not mean 100% literally!

Did Thorpe get improved terms elsewhere? Hardly a stampede for the blighters signature and with what he was absurdly supposedly on at City, i very much doubt it.

Imporoved terms compared to what he would of got had he stayed at City.

There has been no "stampede" from Championship clubs for ANY of our players, but there are those that strike me as alot LESS committed to Bristol City than Christian Roberts

Stampede is a bit of licence! Carey found a championship club and so will Brown. Hill did not go because he is not championship standard. Don't think Robbo will move up a grade at the end of this year assuming current form continues.

.....has today expressed his commitment to staying at Bristol City for the LONG-TERM, despite it being obvious to us all that he hates everything to do with us  :rolleyes:

Robbo's Lost His Mind

Don't you mean YOU hate everything he has to do with us?

I get so mad when some on the forum,no matter how well the player plays, they have to get on his back, :@

I think it's great news that he has committed himself to us. As i for one like the way he plays and think he can do us proud.

Don't you mean YOU hate everything he has to do with us?

I get so mad when some on the forum,no matter how well the player plays, they have to get on his back,  :@

I think it's great news that he has committed himself to us. As i for one like the way he plays and think he can do us proud.

Archived