IGNORED

That Nasty Welsh Cardiff Supporting

Ian M

IT REALLY CHEERS AN OLD MAN UP TO SEE PEOPLE ARE FINALLY GETTING BEHIND THIS BOY WITHOUT HOLDING A KNIFE... IF HE GETS HIS HEAD UP JUST A BIT MORE AND DOESN'T TRY AND HIT THE COVER OFF THE BALL IN FRONT OF GOAL HE COULD BE A VV GOOD PLAYER...AND HAS BEEN SAID MUST BE A BL**DY NIGHTMARE TO PLAY AGAINST

For the record. Continuous vocal supporters on this forum of Christian Roberts through the good and bad times are:-

Nogbad the Bad

Madger

bucksred

REDOXO

christianrobertsluvver

Neo

For all those I forgot, please feel free to add your name :rolleyes:

For the record. Continuous haters on this forum of Christian Roberts who still haven't put up a sensible reason why they dislike him:-

jackoffuk (still can't remember his exact name due to his irrelevance :rolleyes: )

But, he thinks it's really big and clever :Sleep12:

For the record.  Continuous vocal supporters on this forum of Christian Roberts through the good and bad times are:-

Nogbad the Bad

Madger

bucksred

REDOXO

christianrobertsluvver

Neo

For all those I forgot, please feel free to add your name  :rolleyes:

I wish to support the man, he seems to be everywhere on the field, and he's always been a favourite of mine, isn't it ironic we think he should move on to where he's appreciated, which is proper higher league football. Great player on his day, Gave me some of my favourite moments when watching the City'.

There's a bit of back up Neo :ph34r:

There's a bit of back up Neo  :ph34r:

Although, I think this particular thread would be better served if people shouted down the idiot who just seems intent on ruining any debate held on Roberts.

Don't get me wrong; I don't care if people dislike him or like him.

Just detest permanent responses from the same people which add nothing. Still, I suppose "what a wnker" is better than "Roberts is poo" which has been his previous response on more than 2 occasions. Definite progression! :rolleyes:

Thanks  :clap:

Although, I think this particular thread would be better served if people shouted down the idiot who just seems intent on ruining any debate held on Roberts.

Don't get me wrong; I don't care if people dislike him or like him.

Just detest permanent responses from the same people which add nothing.  Still, I suppose "what a wnker" is better than "Roberts is poo" which has been his previous response on more than 2 occasions.  Definite progression!  :ph34r:

He's almost learnt how to use profanity, well done, idiot :rolleyes:

For the record. Continuous haters on this forum of Christian Roberts who still haven't put up a sensible reason why they dislike him:-

jackoffuk (still can't remember his exact name due to his irrelevance  :rolleyes: )

But, he thinks it's really big and clever  :Sleep12:

Jackcluelessuk and his type will never come up with a decent "I think Roberts is poo" argument. The statement in itself gives you a clue of the mentality you are dealing with. Let the poor lad/lass have his fun and perhaps IGNORE him if he winds you up that much.

For the record, and I have said this loads of times, when Roberts is in the front two, City score MORE goals. No Roberts "hater" on this forum has proven my statement wrong yet. Check the facts.

• Admin
I wish to support the man, he seems to be everywhere on the field, and he's always been a favourite of mine, isn't it ironic we think he should move on to where he's appreciated, which is proper higher league football. Great player on his day, Gave me some of my favourite moments when watching the City'.

There's a bit of back up Neo  :ph34r:

The moment Roberts scored our second goal in injury time against Hartlepool must rank highly amongst most people's City memories, or perhaps the moment he hit our winner at Mansfield having been 4-2 down with minutes to go.

Moments like these don't happen every year but are the ones that live with you forever (even if you were trying to avoid the central reservation of the motorway at the moment the goal went in :rolleyes: )

• Admin

I've noticed this is happening at the actual ground more of late.

A prime example would be in the second half on Monday when having got to the by-line, Robbo managed to overhit his cutback (even though we still kept possession) whilst there was moans and grumbles from other areas of the stand, as I looked down at those in his close proximity, they were all clapping the move to get into the position to mess up his cross. It is that sort of encouragement that will give Roberts the will to try the same again (only with a hopefully better end product) in a similar scenario rather than bottle it and pass it back to a poorer positioned team-mate (which would in all liklihood happen with continued use of abusive comments aimed at him in these situations).

(I hope that made sense :rolleyes: )

• Admin
i can give my own point of views on roberts this is what the forum is for

"Views"? Shurely shome mishtake? I thought you just had the one, that Roberts is "poo"......no reason why, he just is, like oranges are, er, orange, they just are.

(Please excuse the "comma overdrive" above almost everyone)

• Admin
yea in my "view" he is lazy

(can't believe I'm doing this :rolleyes: )

"in what way lazy?"

"Which elements of his game does he display this laziness?"

I ask these because I thought the best aspect of his last game on Monday for example, was the running he did off the ball, dragging defenders with him to create space for team-mates to exploit as Murray and Wilkshire did. That is more "selfless effort" than "lazy".

I would admit that he's not the quickest to get back onside after a missed chance but that's not something you can really single Roberts out for

yea in my "view" he is lazy

:rolleyes::ph34r::clap: Finally a reason!

Going back to your earlier comment; yes it is a forum an of course, your opinion is as valid and important as anybody's. Before this above though, you haven't give an opinion on Roberts, you have made statements!

Put it this way, would you like to write a well thought out piece and the only responses you get are "what a wnkwer" or "that's a load of poo"?

Probably not, so why do it in the middle of other people's threads? All this does is annoy people who want to debate points made.

As for Roberts is lazy; I agree that he can give that impression. However, I think he does quite a bit of good running off the ball.

I also think that strikers should be slightly lazy in terms of trying to do too much chasing back.

They need to be fresh when the ball is in the other teams final third, not knackered having just chased a midfielder for 30 odd yards.

If the team is getting up the pitch and not sitting back, a striker shouldn't need to do this, however, our central midfield does seem to lack behind a bit when we break away at pace.

But, at times Roberts doesn't make enough 10 yard bursts to hurry up an opposition player when there is an opportunity to do so. I believe this particular annoying bit of his game leaves a bad impression.

edit : appeared whilst typing the above

never attacks the ball, always seems disintrested

:clap: This is getting good "jackhartlanduk"; look I even remembered your name!

• Admin
never attacks the ball, always seems disintrested

"Never attacks the ball"

but somehow the ball attacks him enough for him to score some important goals, and tackles with enough aggression for some to criticise his "enthusiasm" in the tackle :ph34r:

"always seems disinterested"

so now one of your reasons for disliking him is a supposed attribute of his which for all you know only exists in your head. DaveL are you watching this? You couldn't make it up :rolleyes:

Guest Tinman's Cider Army
robbo is poo... end of disscusion  :rolleyes:

Shut up.............. you give your comments with no reason, Why not get behind an exciting and match winning player. :@

• Admin
hes won us 1 match

Which one would that be?

The last goal in the 2-1 win over Hartlepool?

The last goal in the 5-4 win over Mansfield?

The only goal in the 1-0 win over QPR?

The only goal in the 1-0 win over Grimsby?

Both goals in the 2-1 win over Blackpool?

His 3 goals in the 4-1 win over Barnsley?

:rolleyes:

For the record.  Continuous vocal supporters on this forum of Christian Roberts through the good and bad times are:-

Nogbad the Bad

Madger

bucksred

REDOXO

christianrobertsluvver

Neo

For all those I forgot, please feel free to add your name  :ph34r:

I'm actually hurt by my exclusion. I don't think I've ever said (or typed, for that matter) a bad word about the Welsh Wizard!

Shame on you Neo - not knowing Robbo's band of loyal supporters. Tut tut. :rolleyes:

No good telling me, it's him you should be telling this to. Especially the bit about getting back onside after an attack has broken down. Our forward just walk back, no chance of a quick break if we regain possession.

I may have put it clumsily but i was referring to Leroy Lita when saying 'don't get caught offside too often or get in your strike partners way when he is about to score'. (as he did just before Wilkshire's 2nd on Monday) Someone even said Leroy 'made' this goal, a comment which defies belief.

I wasn't criticising Roberts who was often unable to 'pass quickly', although he had seen the pass was on, because Leroy was continually in an offside position, making the killer pass unplayable.

Fortunate for us that Roberts has a football brain to match his other undoubted attributes.

I only got the blank page as well Madger  :ph34r:

I gather from your text that Robbo is once again saying I am here and want to be; let's hope the message finally sinks in.

BTW.  If I was wanted by Cardiff to play professional football, I would do it without hesitiation.  Of course, as expected, I would suddenly dislike Bristol City forever and wish them only bad luck. 

I would also do cart-wheels if I scored against City in a fixture and wave gleefully to the Dolman and laugh!  :rolleyes:

And you call yourself a city fan!!!!!!!!!!

Roberts is a cardiff lad he was born and raised as a cardiff fan, these fans are like most of ours, they bleed blue, to say you would gladly celebrate scoring against the club you say you support, thats most disappointing.

• Admin
And you call yourself a city fan!!!!!!!!!!

Roberts is a cardiff lad he was born and raised as a cardiff fan, these fans are like most of ours, they bleed blue, to say you would gladly celebrate scoring against the club you say you support, thats most disappointing.

:Costumed19: sarcasm alert :Costumed19:

:rolleyes:

Archived