IGNORED

Tom Brighton

whitey_03

Just been reading the Ask Steve forum and spotted this question by bcfc_gaz asking why Bristol City didnt sign Tom Brighton of Rangers on loan, who has just signed witn S****horpe.

Tom Brighton For City???

Now seeing as this player was playing with my club Rangers, i feel i should set the record straight about him. Ok he did well in the reserves up here, but i very much doubt he was being touted as the new Mark Hateley. I know as far as young Scottish talents, he isnt regarded as one of the biggest stars, and City wouldnt have benefitted by signing this young lad. He is of the same stature as Lee Miller, however his aerial ability seems to leave alot to be desired. Although he is about 6ft, he seems to be 5'8" when he jumps :whistle:

In all seriousness, although i feel the missing out of signing Stevie MacLean was a big blow, missing out on signing Tom Brighton isnt so much of a blow.

Sorry if most are not interested in this topic, just thought I would add it. :ph34r:

I've read it.. what now?

You dont really think the report on him could be just a little bit biased...

If we are looking at the Old Firm i'd rather we made a cheeky bid for Craig Beattie  :P

Now thats a player who would really do well at this level, infact I would go as far as saying i think he would score a bag full of goals. I have played against Beattie aswell, and used to run against him in the 100m at county level, and he is like a whippet. He has slowed now because he is bulking up, but he is a cracking player.

My wording of my original post was i doubt he was being touted as the new Mark Hateley, but I meant to say, having seen him play in the flesh, and having had mates play against him, he wont be the next Mark Hateley.

Knowing my luck, he will now go to Scunny and be a hit, just to prove me wrong.

Archived