"Murray" - its always "Scot" or "Scotty"

"Bell" - its always "Mickey"

"Brian" or "Tinnion" - its always "Tinman"

"Doherty" - its always "Tommy"

"Hill" - its always "Matty"

"Lita" - its always "Leroy"

Anymore?

One Team

ps Why is it people can NEVER pronounce Tommy's name correctly? I've even heard commentators call him "DOC-erty" or even "Tommy DOC". Its "DOH-erty"!

pps Even worse, I've heard people call the great John Atyeo, "AT-E-O"!

The FACT is that its an irish name and the irish way of saying it is docerty , if you listen to 606 there was a northern ireland fan and he said it that way , and the other doherty who plays for norwich is pronounced docerty. I'm afraid doh-erty is just the bristolian way of saying it!

But isn't he Bristolian??

Yes but he has an irish name , and he does play for northern ireland rmemeber! (not if lorie sanchez can help it though. :@ ) Just because he is from bristol doesnt mean you change how you pronounce the name.

He may play from Northern Ireland but he is FROM bristol and has always pronounced his name Doh! Just because he couldn't get into the England team doesn't mean his name changes.

He may play from Northern Ireland but he is FROM bristol and has always pronounced his name Doh! Just because he couldn't get into the England team doesn't mean his name changes.

It IS an irish name , so it is pronounced docerty!!!!!!!!!! :whistle: His name HASN'T changed , but city fans tend to change it to doherty. :ph34r::):ph34r::cool:

Archived