IGNORED

Brooker Deal

deadratinmycider

In today's Sun it says Port Vale have until tonight to

decide whether to accept Bristol City's bid of £200,000.

I think that is quite a lot of money to pay in today's market.

Bearing in mind Stern John is on his way from Birmingham

for £250,000.

What do people think of that price tag? Does anyone know how many

he scored last season?

Another waste of money in my opinion... but this is coming from the sun.

Other teams seem to pick up better players (Parkin, Knight) for a fraction of the price from Prem Clubs.

Guest Champagne Football
Where's Stern John going? Couldn't we get him instead?

Yeah, great idea, lets get Stern John, I am sure he is the target man that Tinnion needs/wants.

Yeah, great idea, lets get Stern John, I am sure he is the target man that Tinnion needs/wants.

Well he's 6'1" according to Soccerbase, which makes him taller than Brooker (6'0"), and he's a more experienced player who has played at a higher level.

Of course, that doesn't necessarily make him a good targetman, and if Coventry and Leeds are after him he'd never sign for us anyway.

Guest jamiebrisc

This is the sun that we are talking about here so reliability is not the best (i can remember that leroy lita was apparantly starting at the playoff final.

In today's Sun it says Port Vale have until tonight to

decide whether to accept Bristol City's bid of £200,000.

I think that is quite a lot of money to pay in today's market.

Bearing in mind Stern John is on his way from Birmingham

for £250,000.

What do people think of that price tag? Does anyone know how many

he scored last season?

£200k does seem a lot of money to pay out - when they said 'six figure sum' i was thinking more in the region of £100-125k.

At that price not sure.

Guest jamiebrisc

This is the sun that we are talking about here so reliability is not the best (i can remember that leroy lita was apparantly starting at the playoff final!).

However Brooker may just be the man we need in the squad, the thing is that we do have a wealth of strikers on the bench and I do not doubt their talent, but apart from Miller they would all play well off a target man (Miller would be a candidate but hasn't filled full potential as yet)

If you think of how well lita can play off a target man i think that he will be a valuable acquisition

What happened to Luke Beckett?

Luke Beckett got injured at the end of last season, which i think cost him signing for Sheff Wed, [hence why they turned to Peacock}. If you look at this season's goal scoring charts, i think he has scored 4 goals for Stockport. I would not mind him playing for us, we should get a good glimpse at him, even though the window will be shut, but we could sign him for when it opens.

If anyone wants to correct me on this, please do so..

NO its just for premiership clubs , we have until march (i think its march, might be late feb?)

I am sure you are correct, i aint sure myself, mainly due to the fact that we put a deadline on this Brooker deal being accepted. If we got till Feb/March, then why do we need to urgently sign him, it aint like we aint got no forwards is it???

Archived