IGNORED

Brooker Deal

deadratinmycider

I am sure you are correct, i aint sure myself, mainly due to the fact that we put a deadline on this Brooker deal being accepted. If we got till Feb/March, then why do we need to urgently sign him, it aint like we aint got no forwards is it???

Because "you can never have enough strikers"! Seriously though i suppose we need arial threat , but we do have enough strikers , miller is good enough , and the rest of our strikers would get into most other teams in this division easily , someone is going to have to go if we get brooker and i havent got a clue who it would be???

I am sure you are correct, i aint sure myself, mainly due to the fact that we put a deadline on this Brooker deal being accepted. If we got till Feb/March, then why do we need to urgently sign him, it aint like we aint got no forwards is it???

because we have been urgently looking for a target man for the last season or so!!

Yea but is Miller Good enough? He has been given a fair Crack but has showed nothing more than a few good touches.... I wish he would have gone to Wigan to be honest

Because "you can never have enough strikers"! Seriously though i suppose we need arial threat , but we do have enough strikers , miller is good enough  , and the rest of our strikers would get into most other teams in this division easily , someone is going to have to go if we get brooker and i havent got a clue who it would be???

Thats kind of what i was trying to get at, {i just did not say it that well}, having 6 strikers who are all capable of first team place, that means that 1, maybe 2 wont even play for the reserves, {regarding subs}. and i am sure our wage bill can handle a season of 6 forwards?? And who's to say that Brooker will score goals for us when he comes. Miller scored those goals for Falkirk, we thought he'd score loads, and he got 9. Heffernan was one of the top scorers last year in this division, and he cant get a game, is that lack of effort in training or is it because we have too many strikers????

Yea but is Miller Good enough? He has been given a fair Crack but has showed nothing more than a few good touches.... I wish he would have gone to Wigan to be honest

dont let Whitey catch you saying that!!!! :whistle:

Miller to be fair IS a great prospect as lita is, they just need a bit of experince with them!

I don't think he has been given a fair crack. He was played with peacock , they were too alike so miller's flick ons and such werent good enough. He played with roberts for a short spell and scored a few and set up a few. He has set up a lot of lita's goals and given him a lot of chances , for example against swindon in the first half they were the only two players (for city) who deserved to be in the shirt , miller was causing the swindon defence loads of trouble. But in the second half there was literally NO service too him so he couldnt flick the ball on to leroy.

If we really need a target man I reckon we should give Miller an extended run in the team. Surely Miller isn't that bad, he did cost us £350,000 after all - unless he was yet another one of DW's suspect signings.

I think the (alleged) £200,000 could be better spent elsewhere rather than on someone who has a dodgy record with injuries and only seems to have started scoring this season (surely it's not co-incidence that his contract is due to expire soon). If you look at his record he only got 8 goals last season which I think is less than Miller did (correct me if I'm wrong)

To be honest though I can't see Tinman changing a winning team who ever is available on saturday. As Wilski said "if it ain't broke..."

If we sign a target man then clearly Roberts will be up the proverbial without a paddle. Lita (because he's scoring goals) and Heffernan (because Tinman just paid £150K for him)will be vying for the nippy striker who plays off the target man role and Gillespie has huge potential for the future (and probably the present if he was given a chance!). Miller would be the back up target man, which we will need if we are determined to play that way.

This leaves Roberts in nowhereland - this may resurrect the possibility of swapping Roberts for Wellens. Wellens being the player we really need in my humble opinion.

good player but not sure if he is worth that amount

baring in mind port vale only paid £15,000 for him from

watford.

it is good the club are spending money, but

we never sell any players that we end up

buying or produce from the youth ranks as the

record has shown a fair few of our big buys have

walked away for nothing, that is more of a concern,

it is good to buy but we need to be good sellers too.

brookers profile.

http://www.port-vale.premiumtv.co.uk/page/...81~9308,00.html

Cheers Granty, so thats 40 goals in 134 full games

for Port Vale. Not a bad record but surely there are

better around? I'm still not convinced.

Peacock cost £600k and his record was worse.Different times, I know.

Miller £325k, I'll say nothing apart from if they'd take Miller in a straight PX, I'd bite their hand off.......and so would Tins!

good player but not sure if he is worth that amount

baring in mind port vale only paid £15,000 for him from

watford.

So, on that basis, as Rooney cost Everton zilch..............

it is good the club are spending money, but we never sell any players that we end up buying

Akinbiyi, Martin Scott, Darren Barnard & Andy Cole

or produce from the youth ranks

Jim Brennan, Rob Newman, Offer for CF this year

as the record has shown, a fair few of our big buys have walked away for nothing, that is more of a concern.

Good point, TT & LP

it is good to buy, but we need to be good sellers too.

Spot On

There is no transfer window for deals done between domestic clubs outside the Premiership. The football league issued a statement saying this last week. The traditional March transfer deadline day is still in place though.

Not sure how this works though if we want to loan someone from a Premiership club.

Premiership clubs cannot bring players in, although they can send them out on loan to lower division clubs.

At risk of sounding like Ashtonyate :whistle:, isn't Brooker a bit too young and inexperienced? I know he's been playing for Vale for a few years now, but he's still only 23.

If a young targetman is what we want, then play Miller. Otherwise, we should be going for someone with more experience for Miller to learn from.

Mmm so we have a player of undoubted potential in Miller but instead are going to shell out £200k on a player who is not particularly tall and has a poor goal-scoring record. Apparently the ball sticks to his feet like glue though so that makes it all ok. Also witness the lack of other clubs after him. We need to be signing players who could make an impact in the championship (As it is now called - puke). I am not convinced that Brooker is that man.

When we played Port Vale they were described as a team with no star players, Brooker is in my mind just a good pro and not the golden ticket to promotion.

A fit Luke Beckett on the other hand would be good but I rate him as worth more than £200k.

Archived