IGNORED

Shift In Opinion?

openEnd

I have scanned the new threads. Do I sense a small negative shift from the previous pro Wilson feeling held by some?

My observation is not necessarily gauged by what people have actually posted, but more the lack of pro Wilson reaction (up to now anyway).

Steve Lansdowns commentary was most interesting, he didn't strike me as being the most contented Chairman in the world. Or am I reading too much into it all?

I think the fans are becoming frustrated with Wilson.Its common knowledge that he has the strongest City squad for years with competition in all but one position and yet he's still struggling to find the right blend,after a third of the season.

The team have been playing well in the last half dozen games but failing to kill off teams.Today was a good example of that - loads of possesion but very few clear cut goal scoring oportunity's created.Very frustrating to watch.

And...the manager always takes the flack.

I think the fans are becoming frustrated with Wilson.Its common knowledge that he has the strongest City squad for years with competition in all but one position and yet he's still struggling to find the right blend,after a third of the season.

The team have been playing well in the last half dozen games but failing to kill off teams.Today was a good example of that - loads of possesion but very few clear cut goal scoring oportunity's created.Very frustrating to watch.

And...the manager always takes the flack.

Well Robbored, we have locked horns (metaphorically speaking of course) in the past as you know.

I have read possibly 3 or 4 of your posts within the last hour and found myself in agreement with most of what you have said. :D I know it sounds unbelievable.

Robbored you certainly 'appear' to be noticibly less vociforous in defending Danny Wilson and junk results. Dare I say it looking like a potential Wilson Out clan member ;)

Why are people so quick to condemn? Even when the signs are that Wilson is turning things around, there are still those that think he's failing.

Give the guy a break and if we're not pushing for an automatic spot come May, I'll agree that Wilson has probably taken us as far as he can.

Until then, let him do his job...eh?

:D

Given him 3 years to do his job thanks, it shows how low our club has gone if people are settling for results like this and calling it a turn around, it will be a turnaround when we start winning games against sides in 15th position like R&D.

Hmm, now long did Alex Ferguson take at Manure - and they were ready to offload him until a certain forum favourite stepped in!

Get real people - 3 years is no time at all.

C

I bet you most managers in football could of took City up in them 3 years, a few that appiled for the City job including Peter Taylor etc.

Why go on about Alex Ferguson all the time, slighty different quality of manager we're talking about there.

I would agree with you if we showed signs of promise this season, but we've drew to Rushden and Diamonds and some fans are happy and calling this is a turnaround, shows how low he's taken City now.

I bet you most managers in football could of took City up in them 3 years, a few that appiled for the City job including Peter Taylor etc.

Why go on about Alex Ferguson all the time, slighty different quality of manager we're talking about there.

I would agree with you if we showed signs of promise this season, but we've drew to Rushden and Diamonds and some fans are happy and calling this is a turnaround, shows how low he's taken City now.

You'll never know - how can you know how another manager would've fared? The point about Alex is of course relevant - Manure were about to give him the axe - he'd got them nowhere in his time there. They didn't and now he's regarded as one f the best around. He wasn't then - what if Robins hadn't scored when he did? Ferguson would've been dumped and regarded as pants.

The point is all these things take time.

Yes and do you seriously think that 3 years isn't long enough to take Bristol City up?

He's got his squad here now and look how we're doing, superb isn't it!?

How long do you think it should take? 1, 2, 3 years? At what point did it become HIS squad? How long after it becoming HIS squad should we allow? How long did it take Alan Dicks to get us promoted? How do you know that we won't go up this season?

C

Archived