IGNORED

Lee Miller

Ian M

• Admin

Thinking back over today's game I came up with this "silver lining": Lee Miller is developing into a striker of the highest order. He's billed as a targetman but in my (relatively) short time as a City supporter, I struggle to think of someone of this billing who has so much control/skill when the ball is at his feet. I lost count of the amount of times he "lost his man" through a quick piece of footwork or a sharp turn.

At one point he escaped the attentions of 3 Rushden defenders who had attempted to pin him in the corner only for his City colleague to waste the oppurtunity Niller then presented him with.

Luke Wilkshire has got a lot of positive remarks made about him in recent weeks and I don't think it'll be long before Miller edges ahead of Peacock as our leading scorer.

Together with Coles in defence, we have a trio of young players playing in the "spine" of the team that we can build a team around to serve us for years to come.....and at a higher level!

Agree with all of the above.

It takes any player a while to "bed in" at a new club.

It has been a huge cultural change for such a young man. New country, new job, new house, new friends, etc.

The things that has been evident to me about Lee Miller are his obvious love and enthusiasm for the game and his "football brain"which is clearly in his head as opposed to in his pants or elbow.

Knowing that it could take the best part of a season for him to settle i think he is an excellent replacement for LP and the manager /chairman should be given credit for signing such a good player for the future.

If i may be so bold as to take this a little off topic. Thank you Nestle for producing "Orange After Eights".

Miller has outshone Peacock by some distance in the games that they have played together recently.Miller has better timing and awareness and the goal he scoed today was down to his own determination and effort.Peacock would not hve scored from the same position.

He will become a class player if he continues to improve as he has over recent weeks.

Does his running style and general demeaner on the pitch remind anyone else of Tom Ritchie??.They look so similar to me,not facially but in posture.

Archived