IGNORED

Wilkshire

Spud55

Well i must say i like the look of that number 14 we seem to have aquired, is it wilkshires twin brother or something, because that is most definately not the Luke Wilkshire we sent off to play in the olympics. Me and my mates reckon that it's actually an Iraqi who skinned Wilks and appears to be wearing him as a suit. Hes come back so much better another very good game today.

A great Team performance today I personally thought Butler was immense at the back and i would have had him as MoM but Lita was good as well and Robbo was just as good as lita i felt. Lita and Robbo are forming what could be a deadly partnership they just need to get a little more understanding between them because there was one time where Robbo could have set Lita through, but chose the safer (but more difficult) option of playin the ball crossfield to Murray who he knows as a player well. When they have had a few more games together Litas ability to find space along with Robbos ability to pick a pass will be absolutely devestating.

Both Roberts and Lita played well today and are forming a formidable partnership.

It begs the question of whether City really need a "target man".With smaller striker the rest of the team are forced to keep the ball down and we don't see those aimless long punts half as much as before.The team play better football without a tall front man as the last three games have shown.

If ain't broke - don't fix it!

In this game that is right Robbored.

But if we are playing better teams we've seen what happens when we have little space in midfield and are forced to punt it long towards 2 smaller forwards.

If we could control the midfield like that every game then we probably wouldn't need a target man. But there are going to be times when we are on the back foot and really need that sort of strength up front.

Maybe we could make a cheeky attempt for Beckett now he has seen what we can do...!

Maybe we could make a cheeky attempt for Beckett now he has seen what we can do...!

I thought Beckett was poor and missed a simple open Goal.

I think that Stockport on the whole were very poor and did not really do themselves justice , but who cares we stuffed them :dunno:

Stockport as a whole were poor, but Beckett is still a class act- a player I would really like to see sign for city.

If i was beckett i'd have been hanging round outside the home dressing room today after the game hoping to catch tinnions eye

If stockport carry on like that he wont be there much longer

Beckett was rusty yesterday,thats all.He's only just come back from a long injury lay -off were he missed most of last season.

As Ballwinng says - he's a class act,especially at this level.You only have to look at how many chances he made yesterday with his movement off the ball in a game where his team was played off the park for most of the game.

OK,he didn't score but he got into goalscoring positions through' clever runs.He lost the City defence on three occaisions and on another day it could have been different.

His problem has always been that he's injury prone.

Archived