IGNORED

Bradley Orr

A Horse With No Name

I thought he was lucky not to be sent off for that horrible over the top tackle near the end. I noticed he had a bit of a spat with his "victim" on the touchline just prior to the incident, and so it was obviously pre meditated. He could have snapped the guys legs with that one, and really should have gone. Also like to say that I think he has been a huge huge disappointment in every game he's played in so far. I can't believe he was so highly rated at Newcastle, and Burnley, where they thought the world of him. He doesn't just look average, he truly looks awful.

I was too far away to see the tackle clearly but I though the ref handled that incident and the whole game very well.

Orr is taking a while to find his feet but he shown glimpes of what he can do and he's another player like Heffernan and Gillespie who'll prove to have vital roles as the season progresses and injuries and suspensions kick in.

But it was a ridiculous tackle to make cosidering we were 5-0 up. Hopefully TD suspension(s) wont conincide with Bradleys.

Considering he came with such a glowing referance from Newcastle I feel that his start to his City career has been somewhat mediocre. Many respected people have suggested that he'll be a valuable asset so fingers crossed once he's settle he'll become another youngster who can take us forward. :dunno:

Guest puddy_bcfc

a good point about the referee. I hardly noticed him on the pitch which is always a good thing with a referee, it means there having a good game. we don't see many refs like that at the gate :dunno:

I thought the ref had a very good game the only slight tarnish was the overly harsh booking of the Stockport player when not 10 minuites before Smith got away scott free for absolutely savaging their player. Didn't really see Orr's challenge, didn't look too bad from where i was sat in the atyeo.

But it was a ridiculous tackle to make cosidering we were 5-0 up.  Hopefully TD suspension(s) wont conincide with Bradleys.

Considering he came with such a glowing referance from Newcastle I feel that his start to his City career has been somewhat mediocre.  Many respected people have suggested that he'll be a valuable asset so fingers crossed once he's settle he'll become another youngster who can take us forward. :dunno:

You could quite easily substitute the name 'Bradley Orr' for 'Luke Wilkshire'. It's the same story.

I was wondering how long it would take for Saturday's bubble to burst!

I thought it was horrible tackle and not needed at that point of the game. I don't think it was too dangerous though- as it was more leg to leg contact rather than studs to knee or shin- but it was still daft. He also nearly got into some trouble after that with some guy. He really needs to calm his game down a bit. From the first time I saw him I thought he was sparky.

Can't afford him, Smith and TommyD to all get bookings all the time.

I thought it was  horrible tackle and not needed at that point of the game. I don't think it was too dangerous though- as it was more leg to leg contact rather than studs to knee or shin- but it was still daft. He also nearly got into some trouble after that with some guy. He really needs to calm his game down a bit. From the first time I saw him I thought he was sparky.

Can't afford him, Smith and TommyD to all get bookings all the time.

He made a mistake, hes young, now lets move on and win another 3 games. Why do we have to try and persecute every single player?

He made a mistake, hes young, now lets move on and win another 3 games. Why do we have to try and persecute every single player?

I like the look of Orr, he looks like a busy, committed player, plays for the shirt and likes to get stuck in. Probably a little too much so sometimes hence some dodgy tackles. We also shouldn't forget that he does not have much first team experience (neither did Wilkshire last season and now look at him). I think that given a season Orr will have learned a lot about the game and his performances will be more measured. Till then expect more of the same!

Young player too, but yes it was a silly tackle and he needs to be spoken to about that; losing a player at any time in a match to a red card is not to anyone's benefit apart from the opposition.

On the subject of the ref I thought he was the best one we've had in years; as was mentioned above you hardly noticed him and that's th emark of a good ref; not one who whistles every few seconds and wants to be the "star" of the show like Graham Poll and the other poseurs or the purely terrible ones like Paul Taylor and company.

I'm not trying to persecute every single player at all. I'm not trying to persecute Bradley Orr. All I'm saying is that it was a daft, pointless tackle and it was. If someone had done that to one of our lads we would have been very angry. If he had been sent off we would all have said how daft it was. If it had hurt their lad it would have been for no reason.

The more worrying thing from our POV is that it's not his first silly tackle or reaction. It IS his first yellow card but he's been close many times before. If there's a scrap, he's there etc. I noticed this in the Newport friendly.

I think having aggression to your game is good- just that at that moment his went too far or was ill judged. As I said- he's not the only one. Tommy and Smithy are like that too- that's why they all have to be careful. That's all. Of course I will back him as a player and I hope he becomes a huge asset to Bristol City FC.

I'm not trying to persecute every single player at all. I'm not trying to persecute Bradley Orr. All I'm saying is that it was a daft, pointless tackle and it was. If someone had done that to one of our lads we would have been very angry. If he had been sent off we would all have said how daft it was. If it had hurt their lad it would have been for no reason.

The more worrying thing from our POV is that it's not his first silly tackle or reaction. It IS his first yellow card but he's been close many times before. If there's a scrap, he's there etc. I noticed this in the Newport friendly.

I think having aggression to your game is good- just that at that moment his went too far or was ill judged. As I said- he's not the only one. Tommy and Smithy are like that too- that's why they all have to be careful. That's all. Of course I will back him as a player and I hope he becomes a huge asset to Bristol City FC.

A team full of Wilkshire's and Goodfellow's will get us nowhere in this league. We need that extra bit of bite. He is young and he will learn to control it so that it can be channelled properly. He looked so eager to get on the pitch, like a kid in a sweet shop, and I guess he really wants to make an impression. Maybe this boils over a little but I think a lot of people have over reacted to this.

I didn't think the challange was all that bad and I was also sat about 15 yards from it. I may be wrong though as I have only viewed it the once.

A team full of Wilkshire's and Goodfellow's will get us nowhere in this league. We need that extra bit of bite. He is young and he will learn to control it so that it can be channelled properly. He looked so eager to get on the pitch, like a kid in a sweet shop, and I guess he really wants to make an impression. Maybe this boils over a little but I think a lot of people have over reacted to this.

I didn't think the challange was all that bad and I was also sat about 15 yards from it. I may be wrong though as I have only viewed it the once.

I think we agree. I have only seen it the once and it didn't look horrendous- just pointless. But you are right- we need bite and aggression- it simply needs to be controlled. In this instance it wasn't. In the future I'm sure it will be.

Archived