IGNORED

Sore Knees

Dave L

Many thanks to the many kind and generous forum members who sponsored me in the Bristol Half Marathon which I ran on behalf of the Nailsea Multiple Sclerosis Centre (and indeed those who may have meant to but just haven't get round to it yet). I'm pleased to report I finished the race, in an upright position and still running, in 2 hours and 21 minutes. I am not, nor have ever been a natural athlete and the feeling of achievement I had when crossing the finishing line was indescribable. Along with yesterday's City performance, this has been a very good weekend indeed.

Thanks again.

Dave L

Many thanks to the many kind and generous forum members who sponsored me in the Bristol Half Marathon which I ran on behalf of the Nailsea Multiple Sclerosis Centre (and indeed those who may have  meant to but just haven't get round to it yet). I'm pleased to report I finished the race, in an upright position and still running, in 2 hours and 21 minutes. I am not, nor have ever been a natural athlete and the feeling of achievement I had when crossing the finishing line was indescribable. Along with yesterday's City performance, this has been a very good weekend indeed.

Thanks again.

Dave L

Well done Dave, allow yourself a small beer tonight. Is Geoff A still running?

No I'm not still running!!, managed to finish in 2hrs 4mins.

Maybe next year we could get a forum half marathon team together to raise money for the club ??, maybe the Academy ?

If we could get 100 people to run (bit optimistic I know!) & each raise £200 (I've rasied £500 with to much trouble) then we could donate £20k to the Academy ?

How about it ?, if enough people are up for it then I'm more than happy to organise it.

Great idea Geoff but I'll have to wait and see how the impending knee surgery goes before thinking about a running comeback. Happy to volunteer help on the admin side though.

Myself and three fellow City fans from West Wilts completed the half marathon. I did it in 1Hr 51Mins, well chuffed with my first effort.

There was one runner in the black City shirt - Danny Wilson would have had difficulty seeing him!

Brilliant event, paying for it now mind.

Well done Dave L and one bloke who in a Scooby Doo outfit - Quality!

Also met John Laycock on the start line & three lads in city shirts.

Just looked up my result on raceahead.net & I finished in 5,514 postion !!

Ok so looks like we have enough to make a start :

Me

TomF

Mick (if Knee is ok ?)

Terpin

Saab Driver

I'll contact the organisers & find out about entries etc & let you all know.

Geoff

Me

TomF

Mick (if Knee is ok ?)

Terpin

Saab Driver

Geoff

You can put me too that list too!

Well done Dave L and co! Finished it in 1hour 41 minutes..well happy with my time although started too far back! Recommend it to anyone-nice flat course as well which makes it a bit easier on the legs! Great atmosphere all the way!!

Just a special note of thanks for the Gashead with about a mile to go-saw him slightly ahead of me which was my signal to start my sprint finish! Juvenile as it may sound but it inspired me to run the last mile faster than I'd ran for the other 12...eat dust Gashead!!

Oh yeah..I'd probably be up for the Charity run although may be difficult to get sponsorship for the City Academy from non city fans!

Best costumes I saw, apart from the City shirts, were the aforementioned Scooby Doo, a guy with a massive inflatable crocodile on his back while in drag and a group of about 20 girls in bras..great for morale when crossing them over the Portway!! Recommend anyone who's thinking of doing it to do it..great fun!!

Me

TomF

Mick (if Knee is ok ?)

Terpin

Saab Driver

Geoff

I came 7254th, but to be honest I was just delighted to finish. I'm definitely up for it again next year, so add me to your list as well.

Please note, I also have sore knees, however, that was due to waiting around at the 9 mile mark for 1 1/2 hours (clapping and shouting), for GeoffA to come past, only to realise that he had sneaked past..though how you miss 6ft4 and 17 Stones I have no idea.

I will also add my congratulations to everyone who ran it, and admit to being shamed into running next year by the sight of people potentially less atheletic than me running/jogging/walking/crawling past.

For another little bit of info I saw

3 G** shirts

4 City (Plus a bloke with a city Tattoo!)

3 West Ham

1 Brentford

1 Argentina

2 Juventus

1 Milan

1 Portugal

3 Holland

No Manure

No Liverpool

No Arsenal

and a Grimsby!

Probably more, but on the basis I missed 6'4" of marathon runner I may have skipped a few!

• Admin

Might I suggest that if there is going to be a strong contingent of City fans trying to raise money for the academy by running the half-marathon next year, this photo of an infamous City fan using a, shall we say, 'unconventional' technique, should be kept well under wraps?

skateboard.jpg

:D

Might I suggest that if there is going to be a strong contingent of City fans trying to raise money for the academy by running the half-marathon next year, this photo of an infamous City fan using a, shall we say, 'unconventional' technique, should be kept well under wraps?

skateboard.jpg

:D

Excellent work Madger. It quite literally made me laugh out loud, if I can use that phrase without the filter kicking in.

I will try and use the skateboard next year, in the hope that no-one will notice. Though I will almost certainly fall off, which will jolly well serve me right.

Guest east_dundry_red

Congratulations dave.

though when you have sore knees its usually something to do with tom! :me?: only joking lads!

Also id be up for running the half marathon next year! Recon i could finish it in uder 4 hours! :D

Archived