IGNORED

Which Refs Do You Really Hate?

Big Red Rich

I wasnt at the game on Saturday, but I heard that the ref wasnt bad. However, the week before at Brentford, the ref was awful as usual.

That ref was Lee Cable, a ref that I know well, not personally but just because he is always crud. There are plenty of other refs that I know are poor and are poor every game. These are:

Phill Prosser

Phill Dowd

Andy D'Urso

Uriah Rennie

Iain Williamson

Mark Cowburn

ROB STYLES <---seriously don't like this guy, he loves himself so much. :@

Paul Danson

Does anyone have their most hated ref? Mine has to be Rob Styles as he loves himself with his slick hair and his "look at me, look at me' attitude. But Iain Williamson comes close with his performance at Chesterfield, he blew the final whistle right when he was by the tunnel. Conveniant.

Anybody with any opinions on those listed?

Andy D'Urso, yes. There's something about him (apart from his shocking performances) that I just don't like.

Who was the "chicken-plucking" ref from that game against Birmingham in 98/99 when Ndlovu got a penalty for the worst dive I have ever seen?

Uriah Rennie was habitually awful every game I saw him ref.

Lets not forget whistle happy Trevour Kettle,possibly the worst ref that I've ever seen at AG.He has no idea how to allow a game to flow and blows up for every minor infringement.

What made the ref so good on Saturday was the fact that he did let things go and consequently the game flowed.Its also fair to say that he missed a few things but I'd rather that than have to put up with an over fussy referee.

Lets not forget whistle happy Trevour Kettle,possibly the worst ref that I've ever seen at AG.He has no idea how to allow a game to flow and blows up for every minor infringement.

What made the ref so good on Saturday was the fact that he did let things go and consequently the game flowed.Its also fair to say that he missed a few things but I'd rather that than have to put up with an over fussy referee.

I'd have to agree that Trevor Kettle is a nightmare (wasn't he averaging 7 yellow cards per game when he took charge of one of our games last season?).

I also find Dermot Gallagher to be a bit of a prat. How he's refereeing at the highest level is beyond my comprehension. He frequently gets 'relegated' to our division after one gaffe or another, before being allowed back on to the Premiership list.

Rob Styles - That 'man' is a pompous ####. The look he gave droga when he touched his arm after he was booked for 'diving'. You'd have thought he'd rubbed dog poo on him or something.

The ref fulham v arsenal - Changing his mind and not giving a penalty because of the reaction of ashley cole. Everyone knows that cole moans at every decision that goes against him. Then disallowing a perfectly good goal.

Ref v Torquay - I must have seen that penalty about 20 times. Its an absolute joke.

I thought the ref for the Brentford match was pretty good. He looked for the advantage nearly every time there was a foul, and he also kept his cards in his pocket.

Having reffed a few (very low level) matches myself, I can sympathise with the Fulham-Arsenal ref. Yes players do moan at almost every decision, but there are times when you just know - from the reaction of BOTH sets of players - that you got it wrong. But he was still a prat for saying on TV that it was the players' reactions, rather than just "I consulted the linesman and he told me that the defender played the ball".

Anyone remember a game, possibly Watford-Arsenal, a few years ago?? A penalty appeal was turned down at one end even though the linesman was waving his flag, and the defending team went straight up the other end and scored. So when the ref went to consult the flagging linesman, the outcome was either a penalty to one team or a goal to the other. Quality stuff!

Steve Bennett was the ref who sent off Tim Cahill, although I'm not a ref i thought the rule was you will get booked for removing your shirt completely not if you put it over your head.

Bring the phyiscal side back to football. There are some players in the English game who will drop like flies. E.g. Pires and Ronaldo (although hes forgiven because hes a big favourite of mine) and there are some who would never go down and will do their best to stay on their feet E.g. Our very own Tommy Doherty and players like Lampard.

Too many refs are fussy these days and pick up on the stupidest of things.

P.S. I also dislike Sepp Blatter, he sticks his nose in to much and is always complaining about the English

Rant Over

All British Ref's are TRASH!!!! mate. I blame their parents if the truth goes.

There is not one good referee in the whole of the UK.

The biggest problem with the game of football these days there is too much money involved and it has now become a non-contact sport. All players are far too protected i heard a true saying the other day

'Football is played by thugs off the pitch and play like gentlmen on the pitch, Rugby is played by Gentlmen off the pitch and play like thugs on the pitch' no truer words have ever been said.

(and i am reffering to all Premiership football players NOT!!!! lower leage players when i say all this.)

Bring back the days of Bremner, Hunter, etc when real men played real football and when you made a crunching tackle for the ball the other player got up and said "Fair play to you son" then 5 minutes later did the same back to you.

Archived