IGNORED

Luke Wilkshire Still Out Of Position ?

Private Cider(cider army)

A very badly advised young man, in my opinion. As I'm sure he is now working out for himself, after three months without getting paid. Still, he shares an agent with Liam Rosenior, though I'm sure that didn't influence his agent's advice in any way...

Pity the Incider is no more - a follow-up interview with Mike Drew and Liam asking them to chart the player's progress would be a most interesting read.

Pity the Incider is no more - a follow-up interview with Mike Drew and Liam asking them to chart the player's progress would be a most interesting read.

Though, to be fair, they'd probably be less keen to talk now.

I think I caught a glimpse of Liam walking off at the end of the Arsenal game in full kit and an orange bib. He wasn't on the bench, though.

Though, to be fair, they'd probably be less keen to talk now.

I think I caught a glimpse of Liam walking off at the end of the Arsenal game in full kit and an orange bib. He wasn't on the bench, though.

Perhap he has been given a new role at Fulham? Possibly a steward or more likely, ball boy.

Perhap he has been given a new role at Fulham?  Possibly a steward or more likely, ball boy.

As long as his agent trousered 10% of any deal, I'm sure he's managing to live with the outcome of his advice.

Seems he will have to wait a while longer before pocketing his share of Aaron's promised move to a 'Championship' club, though.

Shame.

I do think we need a left-sided midfielder more than we need a striker or a centre back but I can't see Aaron being welcomed back or wnting to come back.

Lukey is surely only a temporary solution!!

:laugh:  :laugh:  :clap:

I don't think we need to sign any left sided players, but I do want to see a left sided player on the bench to give us an alternative to way we play. I don't agree with you saying it's a temporary solution but we need to have the ability to change things during the game.

Yep, LW is a good enough footballer to get on with it and make a success of the job he has been asked to do for the team.

I do get tired of being told the only player to have wide-left is someone who can get get round the outside, cut to the by-line and cross. Did we not have Tins himself in that position for years, able to hold the ball up long enough for the likes of Scott, Barnard, Brennan and Bell to overlap and hurt teams that way? It may well be we'll see LW develop that side of his game too, giving whoever is playing left-back the confidence to get forward more.

As for Goodfellow, he is another highly adaptable attacking player, pacy and tricky with an eye for goal but lacking the strength when we're out of possession that was such a useful part of Aaron's game.

I can only assume you base that opinion on the first few games this season where Craig Woodman found he had nobody in front of him to support/encourage his own forays (see earlier post). I have no doubt Woody would thrive as left-back in the current line-up but will have to wait his turn behind Matt Hill for now.

I would like to see Woodman playing the role that all those great left backs that you talk about earlier do but if he wants a first team place he is going to need to be able to play with a variety of different styles of winger. So far it doesn't seem that he has that.

Personally I miss Aaron Brown. I think he was a class player and he could turn a game. The sad fact was that he didn't do it often enough but when he did play well he was by far one of the most effective attacking players at City.

Although Wilkshire is currently playing well on the left, I don't see it as his long term position. This is because although he can cut inside on his right foot it is difficult for him to put balls into the box on his left- something which all left midfielders need to do from time to time. It would also be a defensive problem if we faced a team with a strong right midfield, as Wilkshire would probably end up leaving a lot of gaps that a pacey winger could exploit.

As for Aaron Brown, whether or not it would improve the team, he simply cannot return. If he did, it would undermine Tinman and create a huge rift in the dressing room. Managers have to have authority, and if players can flounce off saying they're better than the club, and then be welcomed back with open arms a few months later, how could Tinman have any authority over the rest of the squad?

Aaron Brown clearly doesn't want to play for city anymore so why have a player on the books whose only going to be there to pick up his wage at the end of every week! Goodfellow will be back soon whose naturally left footed and pacey, Micky Bell could play there to if he ever gets fit! Tinman isnt going to be around for ever on the pitch so Luke will be the naturall choice to fill his boots! :laugh:

Archived