IGNORED

Calling Anyone Over 40

myol'man

sign in, it only takes 2 minutes  :D  :city:

I would, but I tend not to on principle. I just can't be bothered.

I object to sites (including all the 'offical sites' network) and forums requiring people to 'register' before allowing them to even browse the site.

Either a site is a public site on a public network (viz the internet) or it isn't. What have they got to hide?

I can understand having to register in order to contribute to a forum, but to just to look? Ridiculous. I wonder if their sponsors and advertisers realise how much traffic they are denying by having these stupid rules?

Even my registration with the city official site and this forum uses dummy information.

:(:o

I would, but I tend not to on principle.  I just can't be bothered.

I object to sites (including all the 'offical sites' network) and forums requiring people to 'register' before allowing them to even browse the site.

Either a site is a public site on a public network (viz the internet) or it isn't.  What have they got to hide?

I can understand having to register in order to contribute to a forum, but to just to look?  Ridiculous.  I wonder if their sponsors and advertisers realise how much traffic they are denying by having these stupid rules?

Even my registration with the city official site and this forum uses dummy information. 

:o  :city:

nothing sinister to hide, it was just a decision made by the moderators

of the site because it does contain some bad language and we thought

it be best for people to register to view and post rather than young kids

stumbling across it and reading it without their parents agreement, at least

if smaller kids that are not sure how to do the registration they may well

ask their parents to do it for them and then if the parents see it they may

well say no your not going on here, it may sound silly but that is why we ask

people to log in.

you may say dummy emails and information to register, but you can't

dummy your IP address and this is for any forums security to use

to ban or suspend members who play up :D

but if you can't be bothered to then fair enough that is your choice.

...rather than young kids stumbling across it and reading it without their parents agreement, at least if smaller kids that are not sure how to do the registration they may well ask their parents to do it for them and then if the parents see it they may well say no your not going on here...

...you may say dummy emails and information to register, but you can't

dummy your IP address and this is for any forums security to use

to ban or suspend members who play up  :o 

But if you are recording IP addresses, you don't need registration.

I have no problem with my IP address being recorded - I have nothing to hide and I have a firewall. I simply try to maintain some damage limitation from spam by not spreading my email address all over the internet. I get quite enough as it is!

I don't accept the point about bad language and young children. Sadly, they are subject to it everywhere in this day and age, including football matches and not just the internet, so I don't see what difference a website can make.

I don't condone foul language at all and feel that it is unnecessary and rude to use it in the company of children and women, including at football games, but there are those on here who defend their "right" (ha!) to swear at football games including, I suspect, Yellow Subbers.

You can't have it both ways - either you want to protect young children from bad language or you want to be able to swear whenever and wherever you want - which is it?

:city:

But if you are recording IP addresses, you don't need registration.

I have no problem with my IP address being recorded - I have nothing to hide and I have a firewall.  I simply try to maintain some damage limitation from spam by not spreading my email address all over the internet.  I get quite enough as it is!

I don't accept the point about bad language and young children.  Sadly, they are subject to it everywhere in this day and age, including football matches and not just the internet, so I don't see what difference a website can make.

I don't condone foul language at all and feel that it is unnecessary and rude to use it in the company of children and women, including at football games, but there are those on here who defend their "right" (ha!) to swear at football games including, I suspect, Yellow Subbers.

You can't have it both ways - either you want to protect young children from bad language or you want to be able to swear whenever and wherever you want - which is it?

:city:

i don't record IP addresses as you say, but email spamming

etc can be stopped by making your email private in settings

on the forums.

as for kids and swearing i can control a forum on the front page

forum sign in, but i can't control what people wish to say in

a football ground, that's the way it is.

Archived