IGNORED

Christian Roberts

Dan Of The Dolman

When Roberts came on yesterday we seemed to play better Roberts ran at the Rushden defense and really looked like a winger even shades of Scott Murray at times when he skinned 2 defenders to put a teasing cross for Aaron Brown which Brown headed over. His shooting was inconsistent though as he had one shot which after winning the ball in a situation which wasn't in his favour he ran at the Rushden defense and shot but the shot was dissapointing going into the crowd high and wide, his shot at the end was unlucky as it was on target but not quite hard enough and Ashdown's legs denied us the victory in the 94th minute, Roberts maybe effective on the right wing if he can play consistently but consistency has been one of his fallbacks

Many watching from the stands couldn't work out why Wilson didn't start with Roberts.

Clist is not a right winger even though he did well in an unfamiliar position.

Roberts made an immediate difference with his pace and trickery.Makes you wonder what greater influence he would have had if he'd started....

Another Wilson tactical mystery... :(

Roberts maybe effective on the right wing if he can play consistently but consistency has been one of his fallbacks

To be fair to Roberts, I would argue that he has not had a chance to show whehter he can maintain a level of consistency.

He is subbed in almost every game he starts even though sometimes he has looked the biggest danger on the pitch.

Lately he is sub every game even though whilst Peacock was injured, a lot of people thought he was playing brilliantly in a partnership with Miller; only for this to be split up the moment Peacock was fit.

As for the right midfield berth. He has played there quite a few times, however, all in fits and starts. He has never been given any sort of real chance to make that position his own; there was 1 home game I think he started in that position playing well, a sub was made and he was put up front, then another sub and he was back again. He spent 45 minutes of that game disentangling his arse from his elbow!

To be fair to Roberts, I would argue that he has not had a chance to show whehter he can maintain a level of consistency.

He is subbed in almost every game he starts even though sometimes he has looked the biggest danger on the pitch.

Lately he is sub every game even though whilst Peacock was injured, a lot of people thought he was playing brilliantly in a partnership with Miller; only for this to be split up the moment Peacock was fit.

As for the right midfield berth.  He has played there quite a few times, however, all in fits and starts.  He has never been given any sort of real chance to make that position his own; there was 1 home game I think he started in that position playing well, a sub was made and he was put up front, then another sub and he was back again.  He spent 45 minutes of that game disentangling his arse from his elbow!

Absolutely right. Roberts is a player whose self-confidence is fragile at the best of times. He has been treated appallingly by the manager and far too many fans, yet he is expected to show some consistency.

How about Mr Wilson shows some faith and consistency in his team selections, rather than the indecisive nonsense we're currently witnessing and maybe that feeling would be reflected in his players.

Roberts made a difference yesterday, yet still people had a pop at him. Sarcastic shouts of "Come on then, supersub" and other, more direct, vitriol will do nothing to help him.

How many times did we see Scott make a run with no end product? Yet, the fans supported and believed in him, so he kept trying and eventually got a degree of success. Listening to the crowd yesterday, there are a worrying number of fans who are wishing Roberts to fail, just so they can turn to their mates and say "Told you he was ####."

He isn't ####, he's raw, he's being messed about by his manager and he needs to be guided. It was telling that, following a powerful run and shot, while the anti-Roberts crowd moaned and jeered, Tinnion put his arm round Christian and was clearly encouraging him to keep going at them. If only the crowd would encourage him too, we'd have a player, but, I'm afraid, too many people are willing him to fail and we'll never get the best out of him while that's the case. It's a shame, as he has it in him to be a good player for us.

Guest Dolman Moaner
Is it not about time to give CR a run in the side in the position that he scored 17 goals last season (but alongside Miller not Peacock)? I guess if we'd still had Scotty we'd be playing him at centre back!

I'd like to see him get his run in the team, but on the right, not up front.

As a lot of other people have mentioned, I'd like to see Lita get a start up front.

I would also like to see Flapper dropped.

Wilson should try it for Tuesday night, as this will be the third time in about 4 weeks we have played Barnsley, so changing it around may work ?

Would like to see on Tuesday :-

Stowell

Carey Coles Hill Bell

Roberts Wilkshire Tinnion Brown

Lita Miller

Subs :-

Phillips

Woodman

Butler

Burnell

M Brown

• Admin

If you were to believe the News of the World's ratings, Chris Roberts was our worst player yesterday/ Isn't it amazing how much the rest of the team must have raised their games to carry him as his introduction coincided with our best spell of the game. The other players must really love him!

I'd like to see him get his run in the team, but on the right, not up front.

As a lot of other people have mentioned, I'd like to see Lita get a start up front.

I would also like to see Flapper dropped.

Wilson should try it for Tuesday night, as this will be the third time in about 4 weeks we have played Barnsley, so changing it around may work ?

Would like to see on Tuesday :-

Stowell

Carey        Coles          Hill        Bell

Roberts  Wilkshire      Tinnion    Brown

Lita  Miller   

Subs :-

Phillips

Woodman

Butler

Burnell

M Brown

Can't fault that team. Even made room for starving, who should be given a chance to cement a place and realise that potential we keep hearing about.

Another bristolian with a point to prove might be just the freshness the team need right now :(

Archived