IGNORED

Missing Peacock

Royz

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

I wouldn't say we're missing Peacock as such,but he is probably the best striker in this division....it's between him and Howard,but ask any defender who they'd rather play against and they'd say Howard! Peacock is just as strong as Howard but probably puts in twice the ammount of work....

Wasn't Peacock supposed to be a striker?  He didn't score many goals because he was cr*p, not because he defended corners.

So If a Striker scores 16 Goals he is crap then is he? Not to mention the amount of work he did for the team!

How many times did we see Peacock defending at corners last season. That's probably why he didn't score many goals because he was always back in defence.

defending a corner does not preclude a striker from scoring goals at the other end for the other 85 minutes of the match...

I have rarely seen a goal scored by the defending team from a corner!

Peacock as previously suggested would have made a better midfielder than either striker or defender...

PS How many has he scored for SW this season????

Guest monster red
Wasn't Peacock supposed to be a striker? He didn't score many goals because he was cr*p, not because he defended corners.

Erm, I think not, we have really missed Peacock this season he lead the line superbly well last season and was also an asset when defending set peices!!

To say he was"cr*p" is pointless?!

I would'nt be surprised if you were a member of the " We need a target man" clan, well we had one called Lee Peacock and he left!! I'm sure Heffernan/Lita would of benifited this season with a Lee Peacock up front.

Wouldnt it be ironic if you were a supporter of Christian Roberts, as he could of done with a few of the qualitys Peacock has!!

:ph34r:

Erm, I think not, we have really missed Peacock this season he lead the line superbly well last season and was also an asset when defending set peices!!

I would'nt be surprised if you were a member of the " We need a target man" clan, well we had one called Lee Peacock and he left!! I'm sure Heffernan/Lita would of benifited this season with a Lee Peacock up front.

Wouldnt it be ironic if you were a supporter of Christian Roberts, as he could of done with a few of the qualitys Peacock has!!

:laugh:

Correct; now thinking of offering over £100,000 for someone with less exp :ph34r: should of paid Leapy the money; but hey thats history; I` back the club :clap: but I don't have to agree with the decisions made.

:ph34r:

I wouldn't say Peacock is a target man. Sure, he was big and strong, but hardly ever won the ball in the air. Instead he used to give lots + lots of freekicks instead. He also used to miss an amazing amount of chances with his head - not really the attributes of a good target man.

I think I remember that last season Peacock even came out and said he didn't consider himself a target man - more a striker who plays off a target man.

Either way, I was certainly not sorry to see him go. One of the most over-rated forwards at this level and by the looks of the way things are going at Wednesday, it won't be long before there fans say the same.

I wouldn't say we're missing Peacock as such,but he is probably the best striker in this division....it's between him and Howard,but ask any defender who they'd rather play against and they'd say Howard! Peacock is just as strong as Howard but probably puts in twice the ammount of work....

:clap:;):dunno::ph34r::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Guest ashtonyate

Peacock was never a target man If he had a target man playing a long side him he might have been a better player. But he missed so many easy chances for city that what upset a lot of fans

Like a hole in the head ! He's already started phoning in "sick" at Sheffield and wasn't even in the squad last Saturday. Considering they spent a fortune in the summer they are floundering and with the change of manager I think Leapys time there might be short.

I also believe that he's only scored one goal in 9 starts, i.e fewer than Lita, Roberts, Murray or Wilkshire.

I'm not anti-Leapy he did some good work for the team but I think his cons (lack of goals, fluffed chances, poor positional sense, propensity to comit fouls and fondness for the high life) out weigh his pros (high work rate and commitment to the cause).

He's an ok striker at this level but great white hope he is not, I would rather have any of our current strikers than him.

He's gone - get over it !

Among the players who played 25+ games last season, the top six point earners were Brown, Hill,Peacock, Wilkshire, Doherty and Carey. It's no coincidence that three have those have left, one's hardly played and the other two have lost form (particularly Doherty, who was our best player last year). We've gone backwards this year and one target man ain't going to fix it.

Guest city4ever!!

Are we missing Peacock? In one word NO!!!, i don't care what anyone says but in my eyes he was such a Maradonna Donkey and i think he got too much credit for doin fu<k all instead players like Robert's and Miller were doin a much better job and of course Lita. And the only reason he was our top scorer last season is because he played nearly every game of the season and people like Lita got about 10mins from the end of each game.

One of the most over-rated forwards at this level and by the looks of the way things are going at Wednesday, it won't be long before there fans say the same.

You've clearly over done it with the cider! Over-rated? No chance. Peacock is fast becoming the fans favourite. Even in a p!ss poor performance like Saturday's he never stopped putting in 100%, harrying the back four and chasing what other forwards would class as lost causes. Between Lee & Steve Maclean, there's no doubt who's made the best first impression.

wasn't even in the squad last Saturday.  Considering they spent a fortune in the summer they are floundering and with the change of manager I think Leapys time there might be short. 

I also believe that he's only scored one goal in 9 starts, i.e fewer than Lita, Roberts, Murray or Wilkshire.

He actually did start on Saturday as I mentioned earlier. Spent a fortune? £125k on Maclean and an undisclosed fee getting Chris Marsden released from Busan Icons is the sum total - hardly Chelski is it? If whoever the new manager turns out to be doesn't play Peacock, he'll have lost the fans from day one.

Oh, and it's 2 goals from 8 starts - not earth-shattering, but not far off his average for his career to-date either.

Carry On Drilling Peacock.... No doubt he will have the last laugh!

How many of our Players do you see giving 100% Every game?

Not very many

I don't anyone has ever queried his workrate, as far as I'm aware, but that aint the point, as a STRIKER (And a No9 Here at the Gate) youre supposed to score goals, and 16 in a season, with most of the games played, aint good

-and this is the player that is supposed to be after a Scottish cap. My Scottish outlaws fell over laughing at that- No-ones heard of him up there, unlike McClean & Miller to name but two who play in England-most people thought he was English.

If he is as good as you suggest, and hey you may well be proved right, he's not convinced a lot of us here, and I've no doubt the same views will appear at Wednesday- after all we all rated him when he arrived here........well most of you. I, as I've always said, would rather have Thorpe, Judas of not.

Hell Yea I would rather have Thorpe aswell but Peacock would make a great second striker. He is never going to score 25+ but he will always get you 15 or so and work 100% for 90 minutes.... Which like I said before is alot more than others at the club.

Archived