IGNORED

Now This Makes Me Depressed

jimmyb

Guest REDCIDERARMY

Moyes wanted the manager job after Lenartson went,we chosed Pulis oh dear,anyway worked out best for Moyes.

I always likes Moyes 100% player much like our Tins 100% on and off the field,if Tins is ever looking for some guidance he is the man to talk to,went into management joung and proved to be a big success.

Also nice to see Jim Lumsden back one of the best scouts City have had.

COME ON YOU REDS

The Reds Are Going Up

Guest Tom Taylor

One thing's for sure. We wouldn't be languishing in the nether regions of the old Third Division (our current predicament) if Moysie had taken charge after Ward jumped ship.

Anyone care to predict where we'd be now, if Pulis was in charge?

Horrible thought, but I can't help thinking that maybe, just maybe we could be doing a hell of a lot better.

Lets face it.. he ain't doing a bad job at Stoke is he :ph34r:

Yes, but on the flip side of that, predict where we would be now if Moyes

had been appointed?

In reality, you can't predict things like that. However, what i do know is, Pulis'

time in charge is the lowest I have felt since I have been supporting City. It

actually got to the point when I dreaded games and didn't want to go anymore. I still went though :laugh:

Lets face it.. he ain't doing a bad job at Stoke is he :ph34r:

He's at a club that isn't demanding promotion, would be happy to avoid relegation, and is prepared to put up with a more "direct" style of football. He's also been somewhat luckier in that the injury-prone players he has signed haven't actually picked up as many injuries as the ones he signed for us.

He's a good manager if you want a hard working side to avoid relegation (and maybe a bit more). He's a disasterous manager if you already have a set of talented players looking to win promotion and play decent football.

But at the time I thought Preston weren't prepared to let him go ?

Anyway, who knows what might have happened. Pulis seems to have a mixed track record, he almost got Gillingham promoted then failed to do anything at City, then he flopped at Portsmouth, and now seems to be doing well at Sjoke. :ph34r:

One thing's for sure. We wouldn't be languishing in the nether regions of the old Third Division (our current predicament) if Moysie had taken charge after Ward jumped ship.

No we chuffin wouldnt!!!!!!....Benny, Clueless, then the Wilson Wonderland, followed by the Blunderland, that was last season............... :@ :@ :@

Remember this so very well.

As I recall, Scott Davidson & Bob Neale set this meeting up, but certain other Directors didn't believe that it was possible & didn't bother pursuing.

Hence Mr Laycock beginning his moves to become Chairman.

Maybe - just maybe if the Directors that ousted SD & BN had believed in their powers to attract Moyes, we could well have been firmly set in the higher Div's by now.

:@ :ph34r::laugh:

Archived