IGNORED

Carlisle

tompo

Looking at Wayne Carlisle is not that bad an idea.Its well known that Grey Greydon repeatedly fails to get the most out of his players and maybe a change of club would bring the best out of Carlisle.

Look what happened to Gaul - Grey wouldn't play him and as soon as he got to Yeovil he had a new lease of life and started banging in the goals.The same thing could happen with Carlisle.

Worth a look at least.

Look what happened to Gaul - Grey wouldn't play him and as soon as he got to Yeovil he had a new lease of life and started banging in the goals.The same thing could happen with Carlisle.

Stepped down a division, and then back up due to Yeovil winning promotion.

Making the step up to Division Two is something else. I think it was Amankwaah who said that the pace of the Third division is not as fast as it is in the second. GALL (not Gaul) would have more time on the ball in the lower two divisions than he would in this one.

If Carlisle, a player in a third division team that scores the "odd goal" can't make it at Rovers, then what makes you think that he would be able to cut it at this level?

If Carlisle, a player in a third division team that scores the "odd goal" can't make it at Rovers, then what makes you think that he would be able to cut it at this level?

Where did I say that I thought Carlisle would 'cut it' in Division two?

I said that he would be worth a look not that we should sign him.My point being that not all players can play for certain managers and sometimes a change of club brings out the best in them,like it did with Kevin Gall - thanks for the spelling correction.. :(

Season before last I think it was Carlisle was creditted by Opta as the player who put the most crosses over in a season (Crosses which fell to a team mate) so he cant be all that bad!

He was also called up for the Northern Ireland squad at the same time as Tommy D.

Thats not to say I think he is for us but I agree with robbored that all options should be looked at.

The argument that we shouldnt look at divison three players is fair enough but thats not to say that theres not perfectly good players who could do more than a decent job for us.

Archived