IGNORED

5 Games Left For Tinnion.

screech

Hurrah!!! The Great Brian Tinnion Love In appears to be coming to an end.

I must say i have been amazed at peoples attitudes over recent weeks -its been creeping in that this is a period of 'consolidation' and 'settling down' and we need to take time now to build a team to get promoted.

What!!!??? This team finished third in each of the last two seasons - promotion this time - no excuses.

When Brian was appointed were we told that our push for thie big time was over for now so prepare for few more seasons down here while we groom the young lads and come again? No.

Were we told to forget about promotion? No.

We were told however that Brian knows the club inside out and can take the club forward and have us challenging for promotion sooner rather than later (perhaps we should have asked for clarity on exactly what that meant). A new manager from outside by the way would have resulted in the aforementioned consolidation and settling down which is why we went with Brian instead so as to avoid a disapointing mid table finish.

Would DW (who i was no fan of and wasnt sad to see leave) be getting this kind of reaction after 10 games?? No bloody chance - his head would've been on the block after Port Vale.

Would any other manager who may have been brought in be getting this kind of slack after 10 games?? No bloody chance - there heads would've been on the block after Bradford.

This has been a crap start to the season - same as last year (we are only 2 points worse off this year by the way). Novemeber December and January got us off the hook last year - will they this year? I'm not confident. Whilst last year wasnt great least we looked a bit solid at the back which means you are capapble of getting lucky and winning soem games - especially away from home. This Kevin Keegan win everything 4-3, 5-4 or 7-6 is never going to work - just ask newcastle fans.

5 games tinman has to sort it? More like 2 if you ask me as unfortunately the great god of the fixture computer has not been kind.

Chesterfield away. Bad memories come flooding back already. The're unbeaten at home by the way. Four wins out of 5. 13 points from 15.

Then Peter Taylors boys at home. Ah memories of possible managers past. Curently second with 3 wins and 10 goals on the road already.

Thank god Tranmere are overflowing with internationals.

All this Tinmans fault?

Not really if you ask me, the responsibility lies with those higher up the food chain who appointed him in the first place without taking the time to at least look at other options, but he is out of his depth in this job and doesnt have the people around him to keep his head above the water. Remember Millen's surprise at being offered the Number 2 spot?? He knew.

At the end of the day this squad has had minimal disruption from last year. OK Peacocks gone but we've been rattling the net frequently so no great loss - certainly not going forward anyway - defensively maybe but is that a good enough justification for keeping a striker?

Carey's gone - IMO no great loss at all and Smith is more than adequate replacement with Kev on his way back hopefully in a bit of form.

And of course A Brown. He wouldnt actually have played anyway yet this year due to his broken leg. Bad luck with injuries is costing us dear on the left at the moment(and that's not anyones fault - not even the romans). Still that new target man will help us out there i'm sure - apparantly he'll also sort out the defence as well - and score a few goals if he gets the chance to spend enough time in the opposition penalty box instead of our own.

Rant over. I do hope Brian can do it - and no-one will be happier to eat there words than me - but i just don't think we will. A few weeks ago i thought we might have turned the corner but this was i fear a false dawn.

We had the opportunity to do something about it with Sturrock but didnt grasp the chance when we should've - and believe me he will come back and bite us very hard on the arse - cause we're Bristol City and thats what people do to us.

Very well constructed view,of the reasons we should be ready to change if things don't improve quickly.

Tinnion we were told has what it takes, Tinnion himself says he has got what it takes.

But realistically, where do we draw the line here between success & failure.

I go with 5 more games,then we can judge.

We can't remove the P word from the fans ambition. Even if the Management seem to have less desire.

I sincerely hope Tinnion will not be sacked in ten games time, nor should he be.

A season consists of 46 games. The time to make a judgement on his success as manager is then. I said exactly the same about Danny Wilson last season when we were in a similar league position after 10 games. Some people were confidently predicting relegation. We finished 3rd.

Disappointment at poor performances is understandable.  Questions have to be asked about aspects of the team's performances. That's our right as fans. But I hope and trust that the City board have more patience and more confidence in their management team than some supporters seem to have. If Tins went now, how long would you give the next manager. Another 10 games, then sack him if we weren't top?

For what it's worth, I believe that we will finish in the top 6 this season.

Dave,I believe that the Board will support Tinnion to the full.He's their man & I don't think that they will be the slightest bit interested in what pressure comes from the fans.

Maybe if we get into a position the 'play-offs' unreachable & we all know this can go the full mile.

The next 5 games could prove crucial & while we all hope that it produces the points,we have to leave the judges out in full consideration.

I know things are tough at the moment, i've missed one game this season, and its been tough to watch the kamikaze defending, particularly bradford and saturday bt i want you lot to consider the following statement.

'11 years of service, through the good and the very bad, this man has given his absolute all for the club, can we please give him maybe a full season?

I don't want to go to chesterfield, doncaster et al. again next season but i believe we will as we wont go up this year. Tins is making his mark on the squad this has shown with the players bought in, and if the board had not let wilson release players he would have shown by the departures. I honestly think roberts would be gone if tins had, had the choice.

After 11 years he deserves more than 11 games to prove himself as a manager, doesnt he?'

I know things are tough at the moment, i've missed one game this season, and its been tough to watch the kamikaze defending, particularly bradford and saturday bt i want you lot to consider the following statement.

'11 years of service, through the good and the very bad, this man has given his absolute all for the club, can we please give him maybe a full season?

I don't want to go to chesterfield, doncaster et al. again next season but i believe we will as we wont go up this year. Tins is making his mark on the squad this has shown with the players bought in, and if the board had not let wilson release players he would have shown by the departures. I honestly think roberts would be gone if tins had, had the choice.

After 11 years he deserves more than 11 games to prove himself as a manager, doesnt he?'

Why ?

Promotion was our aim this season, the clock is ticking

Promotion was our aim this season, the clock is ticking.

What price loyalty?

Yes, Tinnion has given us 11 years & in the main in the lower divisions.

He has a passion for the club & will work hard to achieve the promotion (whoops that word again.)

But we all know that loyalty means nowt if the step up can't be made.

While I originally said 10/12 games,I reckon that all things be equal, we should give it another 5/10 games before the real assessment should be made.

Seeing Murray & Lita on fire is great, so give them the chance to sort the defence out.

Cant see murray and lita playing as centre backs! :city:

The board were loyal to wilson they will show that same loyalty to tinman, how about the fans do as well?!

:P Nice one :P

Got my wucking mords fuddled :city:

The royal them meaning the management.

As to the loyalty point.

Are we saying that we give BT another 3/4 years to under achieve?

If the team dosn't improve on the DW days isn't this failure? We have the strongest squad in division,were amoungst the favourites again. BT said he can get us up.The board appt a manager they believe can get us promotion (that damn word again) - so we now say we need another 3/4 seasons.

I'm not saying he should get that amount of time but maybe just a bit over the 15-20 games being quoted by many forum users.

A second season maybe?

I think a lot depends on the coming 10/12 games & if we really push on & get amoungst the mix & have a decent end of season (and just miss out) then we have some positives to take into a 2nd season.

If we remain inconsistant,end up mid table, then I say no 2nd season.

tins won't be sacked neither will he resign

and i certainly would not want him to go.

he will sort it out.  :city:

Well said Cider Head, but I would suggest bringing someone like big Joe in in the backroom staff...the petty arguing which I saw all 1st half Saturday, and as I understand it Robbo's little sulk on his substitution, has GOT TO STOP!!! Its f eckin pathetic!!............City is far more3 important than any delicate f eckin ego's.............

...but if I had started my new job knowing the previous occupant had been sacked for only getting us to 3rd and a play off final.....

Err, I'm not sure this was the (official) reason they parted company. Wasn't it something to do with the prospect of operating within stricter financial constraints this season? (correct me if I'm wrong)

Sorry to be blunt here but I believe Tins has only got 5 games left in charge after this dismal start to the season. 12 points from 10 games is not good enough and we are now 8 points behind where we want to be after this amount of games (based on the 2 points average a game theory). I was a Tinnion fan when he was offered the job, believing he was the right man to get us auto promotion, there wasn't much wrong with last seasons team, it bored us yes, but it had a good solid shape to it and teams found it hard to break us down and nick points off us.

We have become a soft touch, a push over, call it what you want, we are an easy team to beat right now, what has happened to our team over the summer period? Teams are playing straight through us, and these are average teams too, we haven't yet met a decent side in the division, forget signing just a target man, we need at least 2 defenders a left winger a second keeper and the target man, but more than this, this team needs direction, a leader amongst it's ranks, and that needs to come from the top. The team are failing again and to be honest it has to be the managers fault

Two top 3 places in two seasons was failure in the chairmans eyes and I thought so too and so did many of you on here, Danny Wilson couldn't get this team up no matter what he spent on players, time ran out and he had to go rightly or wrongly, Tinnion came in and I expected him to spot the problems quickly and iron them out and get this team off to a flyer, well 10 games in and 12 points is no flyer, it's rubbish and not good enough.

I respect Tins greatly as a player for all that he has done for this club, but it aint working for him, 5 league games I give him to get us 3 wins and 2 draws to give us a chance, if not the board have 2 options.

option a) An open cheque book to buy whoever he likes whatever the cost to get us promoted.  very unlikely

option b) p45. ruthless but it may save our season.

5 league games and that's his lot, 11 points or more and he stays, anything less than that and you have to say after a third of the season has passed us by it looks like a mid table finish, and that is definately out of the question.

i think your being a little harsh, his tactics must be a hell of a lot beeter than danny wilsons last year,we drew with everton from being 2-0 down to getting a draw and just losing on a penalty shoot-out, then from being 3-1 down against huddrsfield, to getting a 3-3 draw, and huddrsfield are high up in the league.

don't losre the faith yet, tinman will do anything for success at this club, he has managed jsut 10 games and he is finding his feet in a magaerial role.

we will finish in the top 3 this season and if we don't i will eat my hat!!! :P

Guest bristolbred
So if the objection wasn't promotion for this season why on earth did Danny Wilson get sacked last season,.

If we had kept Danny Wilson, do you honestly believe that we would of gone up automatically after finishing third the last two seasons??. :city:

With regard to Luton, maybe their dressing room morale is better than our's, and did we not lose last season at their place??.

Teams used to fear coming to Ashton Gate, but now they are looking forward to it!!.

Who would of said Chesterfieled would be currently in 5th place at the moment??, were they not one of the favorates for religation??.

Swindon and Hartlepool are struggling, and even Port Vale and Barnsley are not doing that well!!.

Gone are the day's were we expect those teams we think are not as good as we are, laying down to die, giving us three points in the process.

All those teams we beat last season, are no doubt looking for revenge this, so let's come down from the clouds, back to the park, and get behind Tins, no matter what the result.

He is entitled to the same time that Wilson had, and no one is guarenteed promotion from this league!!, :city:

.....Just check out Sheffield Wednesdays result yesterday.  I said after Cardiff that Wilson should be given 10 games....

Oh here we go! Not happy to dismiss Tinnion's management capabilities after just ten games (where were ManU after 10 Fergie games I wonder?), you now go one step further by citing one, YES ONE result up in Sheffield as evidence to why bringing in a new manager will not be disruptive!

Jeez, I've heard it all now. You were prepaired to give DW the benefit of some considerable doubt. Can't you do the same for the Tinman? At least 'til Chrimbo?

Archived