IGNORED

Crosses

Granty

I thought Murray had a great game today, particularly in the second half, an endless supply of near post crosses and one's just out of reach of the keeper, I could count on one hand the amount that were actually met by Roberts or Lita, a number of times they stood and watched the ball, almost seemed to be aplauding the cross itsself.

Strikers need to take a gamble and go near post not wait behind the 6 yard box.

Anyone else notice ??

edit: Spelling (again) :whistle:

Think you will find the problem is we have strikers going to both posts, and no-one holding on the penalty spot. Lita should go to the near post, not beyond it, and whoever is up with him, should stand on the pen spot.

Its all about options and this means that 1. we have 2 options, and 2. it means the opposition cant just line men up on the near post as was happening today. Which resulted in a seeming lack of effort to get on the end of crosses as there were 3-4 bodies in the way

You must have been watching a different game to me.Murrays'crosses and corners (12)were awfull.

Too close to the 'keeper,behind the forwards,over hit,into the Atyeo Stand or into the first defender.

No wonder none of the City forwards could get near them.City still managed to score twice in the second half despite Murrays' crosses.

You must have been watching a different game to me.Murrays'crosses and corners (12)were awfull.

Too close to the 'keeper,behind the forwards,over hit,into the Atyeo Stand or into the first defender.

No wonder none of the City forwards could get near them.City still managed to score twice in the second half despite Murrays' crosses.

I must admit to having a slight snooze during the 1st half, but from what I saw in the 2nd I thought Murray was delivering the ball well and for a bit more movement from the front two we could have had more luck.

Still - have to beg to differ !

Archived