IGNORED

Peter Jackson On Yesterday

Huddersfield looked quite handy in the first half yesterday and took there goals well. But what really gets to me is when idiots like Jackson come out and start acting as if they've been hard done by! The penalty was definately a penalty, just because Leroy didn't choose to go over extremely easily (for a change!) dosen't mean it's not a foul! :city:

Also, in the second half we completely dominated for 45 minutes and Huddersfield were lucky to come away with a point, how the penalty was the turning point i don't know!! I was joking with my mates on the way home about how funny it would be if Jackson had the front to come out after the game and say his team deserved all three points, and low and behold the t##t does.

Why dosen't he just stick to films?

Sorry mate but it was never a penalty, don't know if you've seen it on the TV.

If I was him I'd be mad as of course it was a changing point, we could suddenly go on and nick a point!

I thought it was a penalty, but i was never in doubt that we wouldn't at least take a point. If you were the Huddersfield manager, fair enough you'd be

p!ssed off at chucking away a two goal lead, but come on after watching that second half battering you'd be thankful for the point!

I think Jackson has got a right to be angry. If that pen had been given against us we would have been fuming, I didn't think it was a penalty to be honest. Yes we dominated second half but the fact is they were two goals up with 8 minutes left, the penalty was the turning point. Had it not been given they would have won the game.

I really don't know why they always put the "other" managers view on our main site, it's SO predictable, either a) "We should have scored even more", or b)" THe ref robbed us, we were so unlucky" the comments are MORE bias than most fans on forums express. They are just not worth the air space, and anyway ,who gives a flying one what THEY think!

Managers rarely see the same game as everyone else after they've dropped points and Jackson is no different.The facts are that H'field were the far better side in the first half and City were the far better side in the second.

A draw was a fair result.

Completely agree. It's not a case of he shouldn't be angry, but that he should accept that the draw was a fair result and they certainyl weren't robbed of 3 points. Penalty or not, we still would have scored 3 and drawn.

Completely agree. It's not a case of he shouldn't be angry, but that he should accept that the draw was a fair result and they certainyl weren't robbed of 3 points. Penalty or not, we still would have scored 3 and drawn.

To be fair though the penalty was dubious, even Millen admitted as much in his post match interview, no one really appealed and from where I was sat I couldn't see the problem. Without that they would almost certainly have won, there is a big difference between 2 goals down with 8 mins to to and 1 goal down with 8 mins to go.

On the other hand it's about time we got a penalty, dubious or not !

To be fair though the penalty was dubious, even Millen admitted as much in his post match interview, no one really appealed and from where I was sat I couldn't see the problem.  Without that they would almost certainly have won, there is a big difference between 2 goals down with 8 mins to to and 1 goal down with 8 mins to go.

It looked a clear penalty to me, but that kind are not normally given.

Sorry mate but it was never a penalty.

I was sat directly in line with the incident in the Atyeo Stand - probably the best position to judge it and it was a definate penalty. Just because someone doesn't fall over it doesn't stop it being a penalty. Anywhere else on the field a FK would have been given so why should it be any different in the 18-yard box?

To be fair though the penalty was dubious, even Millen admitted as much in his post match interview, no one really appealed and from where I was sat I couldn't see the problem.  Without that they would almost certainly have won, there is a big difference between 2 goals down with 8 mins to to and 1 goal down with 8 mins to go.

No one appealed cos the ref blew straight away so they didn't need to. Clearly a penalty and the ref was only a few feet awat from it. Both Millen and Jackson had no clear site of it anyway.

Anyway who's to say we wouldn't have scored from same situation or shortly after. We completely dominated the laters stages with corner after corner and attack after attack.

I have noticed that Lita usually always stays on his feet whenever challenged and it's a shame more players don't do the same. Fair play to him.

Huddersfield looked quite handy in the first half yesterday and took there goals well. But what really gets to me is when idiots like Jackson come out and start acting as if they've been hard done by! The penalty was definately a penalty, just because Leroy didn't choose to go over extremely easily (for a change!) dosen't mean it's not a foul! :city:

Also, in the second half we completely dominated for 45 minutes and Huddersfield were lucky to come away with a point, how the penalty was the turning point i don't know!! I was joking with my mates on the way home about how funny it would be if Jackson had the front to come out after the game and say his team deserved all three points, and low and behold the t##t does.

They were hard done by and deserved to win, so he got it spot on

Take your blinkers off 054123. We got out of jail with the softest of penalty awards and a deflected shot. Had the penalty been given against City, I've no doubt you'd be on here ranting at the decision. As for the deflected goal, the keeper was already moving to easily collect the shot until the deflection. In truth, we could've and should've been further behind before being let off as we were torn apart at times.

There was a time when teams who tried to play football against us at Ashton Gate would get played off the park and sent home with a thrashing. Unfortunately those days are gone, and yesterday was proof of that. Huddersfield 'out footballed' us for the first 75-80 minutes by keeping possesion and using the ball better than us. Yes, for the last 10 minutes or so we did put them under pressure, but, for all this pressure and all the corners, not once did their keeper have to make a difficult save.

I think Mr Jackson is 'spot on' with his analysis, and rather than question his integrity, we should be lookng inwardly at our own failings and shortcomings this season.

Take your blinkers off 054123. We got out of jail with the softest of penalty awards and a deflected shot. Had the penalty been given against City, I've no doubt you'd be on here ranting at the decision. As for the deflected goal, the keeper was already moving to easily collect the shot until the deflection. In truth, we could've and should've been further behind before being let off as we were torn apart at times.

There was a time when teams who tried to play football against us at Ashton Gate would get played off the park and sent home with a thrashing. Unfortunately those days are gone, and yesterday was proof of that. Huddersfield 'out footballed' us for the first 75-80 minutes by keeping possesion and using the ball better than us. Yes, for the last 10 minutes or so we did put them under pressure, but, for all this pressure and all the corners, not once did their keeper have to make a difficult save.

I think Mr Jackson is 'spot on' with his analysis, and rather than question his integrity, we should be lookng inwardly at our own failings and shortcomings this season.

My blinkers are staying firmly on thanks.

You're the blinkered one Arpaul.What game were you watching when you say the H'field "out footballed us for 75-80 mins"

H'field were the better side in the first half and I agree that they out-footballed us for 30 mins.In the second 45 though,they were backs to the wall for virtually all of it.They broke twice and scored once but City still had enough to come back and draw.You don't mention Murray's two bad misses nor Lits'a shot cleared off the line,nor the 12 corners City won.The second half was all City and 3-3 was a fair result.

You're the blinkered one Arpaul.What game were you watching when you say the H'field "out footballed us for 75-80 mins"

H'field were the better side in the first half and I agree that they out-footballed us for 30 mins.In the second 45 though,they were backs to the wall for virtually all of it.They broke twice and scored once but City still had enough to come back and draw.You don't mention Murray's two bad misses nor Lits'a shot cleared off the line,nor the 12 corners City won.The second half was all City and 3-3 was a fair result.

And of the twelve corners, how many did we look like like scoring from ?

For all our so called pressure how many times was their goalkeeper forced into difficult saves?

Huddersfields two breaks were the best two moves of the second period and should've both been converted.

My point is that had it not been for the referees gift of a penalty and a goal courtesy of a wicked deflection, then we would have been well and truly beaten.

And of the twelve corners, how many did we look like like scoring from ?

For all our so called pressure how many times was their goalkeeper forced into difficult saves?

Huddersfields two breaks were the best two moves of the second period and should've both been converted.

My point is that had it not been for the referees gift of a penalty and a goal courtesy of a wicked deflection, then we would have been well and truly beaten.

Blinkered.Looking for the negatives

I'm with Jackson, was never a penalty. Also although we had a lot of the ball I think Huddersfiled deserved to win, they looked very organised and it was nice to see a team who did want to keep attacking when possible and pass the ball about instead of all the long balls and slowing the game down (with the exception of a few delays due to surposed injuries)

I'm with Jackson, was never a penalty. Also although we had a lot of the ball I think Huddersfiled deserved to win, they looked very organised and it was nice to see a team who did want to keep attacking when possible and pass the ball about instead of all the long balls and slowing the game down (with the exception of a few delays due to surposed injuries)

Attacking when possible? Isn't that just a short way of saying they were under the cosh for the entire second half and managed to break when possible?

Archived