IGNORED

New Player By The Weekend?

Cider red

Guest Withnail

Hopefully not a promising youngster from the Birmingham City Reserve side!

We need someone who can really add something to the squad, and not just be a desperate attempt to bring in a new face ala Craig Fagan.

Its strangely quiet down at AG.No rumours or chit-chat about who Wilson might be interested in getting on loan.Thats unusual,last season it was well known that he was after Fagan and then Robins before they actually arrived.

Maybe its all speculation and there is no-one in the loan frame.

Its strangely quiet down at AG.No rumours or chit-chat about who Wilson might be interested in getting on loan.Thats unusual,last season it was well known that he was after Fagan and then Robins before they actually arrived.

Maybe its all speculation and there is no-one in the loan frame.

Or maybe they've just rumbled who your contact is and have kept him out of the loop?! :(

Guest Eddie Hitler

Go on then, I'll stick my neck out with a wild guess:

Peter Crouch. Out of favour at Villa ever since Graham Taylor paid six million pounds (count them) for him before walking.

More fanciful speculation please.

Wigan are lining up Huckerby for a permanent move, Horsfield is supposed to be leaving Wigan to help finance the deal.

My bet would be one of the Man Utd players that came down and played last week, it gave the club a chance to have a look at the player (s) and the player (s) a chance to have a look at the club.

Plus the chance to negotiate the deal!! if any deal.

Just checked the PFA Transfer Directory.

There are currently over 160 players available on a free transfer.

One of those of note was Tim Flowers, a former England keeper, available from Leicester.

For those that want to keep Phillips on his toes, he might be a good aquisition - if he'll take a pay cut.

I still think we need an 30-ish striker on his way down from the top leagues - either loan or free transfer. Ravanelli is available from Derby, but he's a tad too old at 35. Strupar too, but he's 33. Boro have Boksic listed, but again hes 33. Finidi George from Ipswich (32).

Also note that local Chippenham lad, former Norwich star and Cureton's mate, Darren Eadie is available on a free from Leicester too. He was a pacy winger for Norwich, but I think he was a leftie - still only 28.

Just checked the PFA Transfer Directory.

There are currently over 160 players available on a free transfer.

One of those of note was Tim Flowers, a former England keeper, available from Leicester.

For those that want to keep Phillips on his toes, he might be a good aquisition - if he'll take a pay cut.

I still think we need an 30-ish striker on his way down from the top leagues - either loan or free transfer.  Ravanelli is available from Derby, but he's a tad too old at 35.  Strupar too, but he's 33.  Boro have Boksic listed, but again hes 33.  Finidi George from Ipswich (32).

Also note that local Chippenham lad, former Norwich star and Cureton's mate, Darren Eadie is available on a free from Leicester too.  He was a pacy winger for Norwich, but I think he was a leftie - still only 28.

A few points.

Tim Flowers summarised on a Radio 5 game on Sunday and he was introduced as the goalkeeping coach at Leicester.

I saw Strupar twice last year and he scored 3 goals - pure class, there must be a reason no one has come in for him. B'pool have Elliott on loan from Derby and are only paying half his salary, half of Strupar's will be a bit I would have thought.

Like the idea of Eadie, Brown is still way too inconsistent.

Wages are the problem with the above, how much do we want promotion, we will see.

<br /> A few points.

Tim Flowers summarised on a Radio 5 game on Sunday and he was introduced as the goalkeeping coach at Leicester.

I saw Strupar twice last year and he scored 3 goals - pure class, there must be a reason no one has come in for him. B'pool have Elliott on loan from Derby and are only paying half his salary, half of Strupar's will be a bit I would have thought.

Like the idea of Eadie, Brown is still way too inconsistent.

Wages are the problem with the above, how much do we want promotion, we will see.

Just a few more points.

I'm fairly sure that Strupar is retired or is out for a while with a serious injury.

Eadie has definatley retired from pro football due to injury.

Other names mentioned by Simply Red are simply a no go, as you have mentioned, wages would be a major problem and also the other players you have mentioned have probably retired or gone abroad to pick up a final big pay packet!!

<br /> Just a few more points.

I'm fairly sure that Strupar is retired or is out for a while with a serious injury.

Eadie has definatley retired from pro football due to injury.

Other names mentioned by Simply Red are simply a no go, as you have mentioned, wages would be a major problem and also the other players you have mentioned have probably retired or gone abroad to pick up a final big pay packet!!

And there I was getting all excited.

Thought there must be a problem with Strupar, he really was a class player and had battled back from a serious injury last season.

Cuerton wasnt a bad suggestion - currently training with Reading, but looking for a contract, although i think he cant sign for anyone until the transfer window opens,

More realisticly it could be a striker from MU, nardeillo (sp?) may be ?? pacey player to work of miller ? may be Lita should be given his chance ??

Just as another thought may be it is a right winger as opposed to a striker.

Cuerton wasnt a bad suggestion - currently training with Reading, but looking for a contract

Cureton is only there using the facilities to keep fit - well at least that's what I read into it the other day when I saw the story about him and Reading.

Sorry can't find the quote I'm in work, but I'm 95% sure that that's all it is - keeping up his fitness levels.

As for loaning him, that would be impossible as he is out of contract with any club.

IF there is a player being lined up, it really wouldn't surprise me if it was one of the young Man you players that was playing against us last week. As mentioned above, it would have been a good oppurtunity for the club to see any potential target in action for 90 mins.

As for a signing by the weekend, I'll believe it when I see it.

Archived