IGNORED

Brooker Signs

ali

That's a big statement ali,is this your first post since the last big exclusive? :city:

Seriously though, the WDP has also said we may go back in for him today.

After our recent dealings i'm not holding my breath though.

:city: should be done an announced by wednesday, i,ve sacked my old source ,see how this one does :city:

Guest bristolbred
On the Vale website, the fans rate Brooker as a 5 star player...

great you might think, until you realise that Lee Matthews has the same rating!

And when you see just how well the Valiants are doing so far this season!!, :city:

A 5* rating from a Vale fan is = to a 3* rating from a City fan. :city:

Guest bristolbred
Hi, well remembered Tom, I didnt infact don a Rovers shirt when I lost my Carey bet but I'm still willing to do my duty in the future!! As for brooker, waste of time, we need a goalscorer to partner Leroy.

Never trust a man who welshes out of his duty after losing a bet!!!. :city:

On of our directors has come online and stated they don't comment on media speculation.

I think that's pretty much a rejection of these rumours and I'd say it's just a slow news day down your end.

As for him being out of contract, he has himself stated he wants to think things over so don't read anything into him not having signed yet, sorry.

Go for Scott Taylor instead :P

We need someone who can hold the ball up and come back with his centre half to DEFEND CORNERS. Lee Miller if given a run could do this, but as this doesnt seem likely to happen a target man is needed.

Perhaps I'b being thick but I can't see why we need another goalscorer, we have 5 strikers (Leroy, Robbo, Miller, Heff, Gillespie) plus midfileders who are more than capable of scoring (Murray, Wilkshire, Tinman) we have scored 19 goals in 10 league games, second best goals scored in the Divsion, only beaten by Luton who are top with one more goal.

However, we have also conceded almost as many which is why we are in the bottom half of the table - the problem is at the other end of the pitch surely ?????????????????

:city::city:

Guest Jamesonjoe

I have to agree with the Tash the problem is not in the forward area it is in conceeding goals.So it would make more sense going in for a hard as nails defender.

Of course the problem is defending, 4 goals against us at Bradford, 3 at Vale 2 against Swinetown, 3 against Udders, 2 at Barnsley, 2 at Bournemouth, to me this says we can't defend. Previous seasons shouldn't come into it, this is the season that counts and all the league games bar Posh and Stockport we have shipped goals. A defender is surely a high priority as well as a left midfielder on loan until Goodfellow and Bell are both ready for 1st team action.

Why don't we look to loan first to see if it makes a difference, surely there are players in the Champ that aren't getting games and could do a job for us.

Perhaps I'b being thick but I can't see why we need another goalscorer, we have 5 strikers (Leroy, Robbo, Miller, Heff, Gillespie) plus midfileders who are more than capable of scoring (Murray, Wilkshire, Tinman) we have scored 19 goals in 10 league games, second best goals scored in the Divsion, only beaten by Luton who are top with one more goal. 

However, we have also conceded almost as many which is why we are in the bottom half of the table - the problem is at the other end of the pitch surely ?????????????????

:city:  :city:

BUT...... if you have a player who CAN hold the ball up when its played up to him the chances are that the other team don't get the ball as often as THEY DO NOW. :city: This in turn allows more time for the defence to organise than they do now.We need the ball to stick up front more, and with a decent big Target man this does tend to happen ....if tactically aware. :city:

Archived