IGNORED

Brooker Signs

ali

On of our directors has come online and stated they don't comment on media speculation.

I think that's pretty much a rejection of these rumours and I'd say it's just a slow news day down your end.

As for him being out of contract, he has himself stated he wants to think things over so don't read anything into him not having signed yet, sorry.

Go for Scott Taylor instead  :P

Have to say I disagree with you MarkyBoy. A 'no comment' comment sends out significantly different signals to me. A 'Brooker's committed to Vale' statement could still be consistant with their 'we don't comment on media speculation' philosophy. 'No comment' makes me think there's 'no smoke without fire'. (Think I've used up my day's speech mark quota there).

Also, I agree with Portland Bill. Having someone who can hold the ball up, harrass the opposition defence, drop back for set pieces etc will help the team defensively as well providing an attacking link for Lita, Murray, & Wilks.

gone back in for brooker because his agent has stated to us that he will not be signing the contract offered to him at vale. Thus we can bid for him, for a lesser amount and vale would sensibly accept the best bid we offer, the result he signs for us vale get some money they wouldnt have in the summer. Everyone is happy and we win the league.

Ok the last point is a fabrication.

On Centre backs - did we not turn down £150K+ for Clayton Fortune because he was going to be an important player for us this season? Have we given up on him after a few early games?

I have to agree with the Tash the problem is not in the forward area it is in conceeding goals.So it would make more sense going in for a hard as nails defender.

TPart of the problem is lack of height and bullish strength all through the team. Why we concede is as much to do with our attacking spirit as to defending. cf Wiltshire and Hill both go forward together leaving a huge area to be exploited if possession is lost. The problem is then made worse as one of our central defenders gets drawn out of position to cover. Tommy is too slow to cover and drop into the defence. Maybe Fortune in the defensive midfield berth would be better leaving Tommy to do the winning and giving of the ball. The latter is something he rarely seems to do.

Perhaps I'b being thick but I can't see why we need another goalscorer, we have 5 strikers (Leroy, Robbo, Miller, Heff, Gillespie) plus midfileders who are more than capable of scoring (Murray, Wilkshire, Tinman) we have scored 19 goals in 10 league games, second best goals scored in the Divsion, only beaten by Luton who are top with one more goal. 

However, we have also conceded almost as many which is why we are in the bottom half of the table - the problem is at the other end of the pitch surely ?????????????????

;)  :laugh:

Spot GGT, how long till Mickey Bell is fit again.....................

According to the Lancashire Evening Telegraph it was £400k, I took it with a large amount of salt, whoops, still a member of fat Britain.

Yeah i think it was an initial £150k with add ons up to £400kish. Lot of money for him really so Craig Brown must've seen something in him.

On the subject of target man whilst i agree it will help us at both ends of the pitch i am cocncerned that we do not seem even to be making any moves for any further defensive signings or midfield cover on the left - two arease i think we are really desparate in at the moment.

Just hope its not a case cant see the woods for the trees.(not that that particular saying is appropriate in this case but i cant think of another)

Are You Steve Brooker? Could you one day play for Port Vale? Thanks to Stoke 24-7 you can now find out if you could ever fill the number 9 shirt.

To do the test you will either need a Pen and a Piece of paper or one hell of a good memory. The answers are at the bottom. Right then, on with the test!

You are through on goal with only the keeper and a defender left to beat. The last defender is only 5'3" and seven stone. What happens next?

a) You round him easily and take the keeper on one-to-one, then calmly chip the ball over his head into the empty net.

b) Take the defender on for speed and skin him, then round the keeper and walk the ball confidently into the goal.

c) The defender accidentally blows on you as he gets within three

yards and you fall over, flat on your great big fat hairy arse. Then

it's both arms up and face pulled in the hope that the referee will give you the most unlikely penalty ever awarded.

Would you describe yourself as a prolific goalscorer?

a) Yes.

b) No, but you have scored more than your fair share in your career.

c) Would you ######. If you're a prolific goalscorer then Posh Spice is a beached whale.

You are walking down the street one day when a bird ###ts on you from overhead. How do you react to this?

a) Smile and see the funny side of it.

b) Wipe it off gingerly and look to the skies in disgust.

c) Fall over on the spot as though you've just been snipered through the head with a hunting rifle. Then roll over and demand that the bird be sent off.

How quickly can you run the 100 metres?

a) Very quickly, with a best time of 10.3 seconds.

b) Quite fast, though you can only manage it in just over 11 seconds.

c) "Run"? What the ###### is that? You mean waddle along like a big fat sack of ###t on a skateboard....?

During a match, a high ball is crossed to you in the penalty area.

How do you head the ball?

a) With extreme power and accuracy.

b) Quite powerfully and with some degree of accuracy, though heading has never been your strongest point.

c) With your arse...because you've been upended again by some three-foot dwarf defender from Crewe.

A long ball is played up to you from defence. It's a fair distance

ahead of you, so what do you do?

a) Get your head down and set off at full pace, reaching it just before it goes out of play for a goal-kick.

b) Try to make it to the ball, because the cause is never lost. It's always worth making the effort.

c) Nothing. Just stand there like a great big fat soft-arsed t##t.

During a match you are involved in a bruising challenge with a

smaller player from the opposition. Which of these is the most likely outcome?

a) The player bounces off your huge frame and knocks himself out, has to leave the field and is out through injury for several weeks.

b) The opposing player is slightly shaken, though not badly hurt, and from then on he makes sure he doesn't do it again.

c) You are incongruously bounced fifty feet in the air and land in Row Z, where you suffer a broken face, three dislocated ribs etc...

What has been the biggest effect since your transfer to Port Vale?

a) The higher profile and the greater expectations of the fans.

b) Just the fact that you are playing for a league side.

c) Earthquakes in the Burslem area have increased by 3,000% because of your great big fat arse hitting the deck so many times. Much more of it and they'll be pulling the stands down due to foundation damage.

ANSWERS:

Mainly A: You're not Steve Brooker.

Mainly B: You see yourself more as a Vale reserve.

Mainly C: Well done, you are Steve Brooker and you're ##cking crap.

Guest bristolbred

So, how long now before Lee Miller goes??, or Christian Roberts??, can't see us with 6 strikers, 3 of which will always be on the bench, unless Tin's is going to play the all "new" 3-0-6 formation!!, with Steve Phillips acting as a rush goalie!!, ;)

Archived