IGNORED

Roberts<>wilson Bust-up!

Guest Rob

Following him being substituted for the past two games Robbo has not been pleased to be brought off.

On the weekend he kicked a water bottle in Wilsons direction and last night he had a few words to say.

I totally agree with Robbo as he is looking good since he's returned and has not deserved to be replaced especially against Wednesday.

Guest budbcfc

THIS SORT OF DISCONTENT WILL GO DOWN THROUGH THE RANKS. ITS THE LAST THING WE NEED NOW. ANYWAY WHEN MR WILSON DOES WAKE UP AFTER A LONG SPELL AGAINST THE DUGOUT POST HE MIGHT TRY AND EXPLAIN HIS VERY CONFUSING SUBSTITUTIONS TO ALL. :Confused13:

I think Roberts has every right to be disappointed.

He does make mistakes as all the players do, however, he is a constant threat and can hit a good shot and IMO is very unlucky to not have scored one or two more this season.

He certainly does enough to warrant an occasional 90 minutes. He is always substituted.

A player who has his ability to last 90 minutes and skin a tiring defence is a must for the last 20 minutes of any game.

And please, don't say perfect time to bring Lita on. At 1st team level he does not do it. His first touch of the ball summed up Lita perfectly for me. Tried a little trick and ended up playing pinball with himself! :Cool13:

Interestingly enough the commentary team on BBC Radio Solent rated Christian Roberts performance and commented on how much trouble he had caused the Southampton defence.

(Before anyone jumps in with....... he was c~~p or similar)

I didn't say it ..... they did, overall they seemed impressed by Bristol City

The commentary was very unbiased and I would say concentrated more on the football being played than Radio Bristol's.

I don't know why roberts was brought off last night??? He was causing southampton problems and was a constant threat , plus he was our only pacey player on the field (not including amankwaa but he doesnt run) , i would have taken amankwaa off and put lita up front. Another thing why is Miller suddenly out of the frame , he spends all that money on him and doesnt play him!!!

Enough of the negative though , i thought we played very well against decent Premier League opposition who will probably finnish in the top 8 , like wilson said the only difference was finnishing , now if we had a certain mr Robins it could have been a different game??? :(:D:D;):clap::clap::clap: :Party12:

HE WAS BROUGHT OFF COS HE KEPT WASTING GOOD CHANCES!

Bu that rationale, Peacock should have definitely come off for blasting over when it was only 1-0 from about 7 yards.

Wilkshire should have been off for countless shots on target, however, no goals.

Butler for once again getting underneath the ball from about 4 yards.

The point is Roberts is always Wilson's fall guy and that is totally undeserved.

We all know Roberts is a confidence player. How is his confidence helped when he is posing a serious threat and is still substituted?

He needs 2 or 3 games with a full 90 minutes. If he does not score at least once in that period; then haul him off; I will totally agree with that.

By the way, he is one of the few players in our squad 100% capable of creating a chance out of nothing as he did a couple of times last night.

One another point, you always hear the saying by pundits "you must defend from the front". Roberts does that so well; his work-rate is only second to Burnell. :PC_Plod:

I have some sympathy for Roberts.It's nearly always him who makes way for Lita or Miller,never "not 100% fit" Peacock.

It was the same last season - you could count on two hands how many games Roberts finished after he'd started.

Roberts deserves 90 mins again - after all he got the winner in the last min not long ago.

But the one thing a player should never do is publically display their discontent.Have it out with the manager by all means :sport5: ,but do it in private.

Bu that rationale, Peacock should have definitely come off for blasting over when it was only 1-0 from about 7 yards.

Yeah would have said this on Saturday aswell after he had missed a few good chances yet he then eventually came good. Personally i do not know why Wilson was going to bring anyone off for Leroy Lita at least considering the boy is nowhere near ready for first team football YET.

Guest pogue mahone
Roberts deserves 90 mins again - after all he got the winner in the last min not long ago.

but in fairness he has done nothing else all season. on available evidence he is good for 3 things - running around like a blue-arsed fly, kicking oppostion defenders hard on the ankle and flailing his arms around when nobody passes to him.

still it appears that all you have to do to win over some fans is clench your fists, launch into some stupid tackles, run around a lot and look "up for it"

what i meant by wasting good chances is that he would pick up the ball and just take it on and lost it, and there'd be several players in promisings positions waiting for a simple pass. I know players make mistakes, but i think roberts wasted too many chances for the SIDE!

robbo has not had a decent run in the team to get going and the times

he has played he has been moved all over the place being honest it is

madness to sell your top scorer in murrray and then leave your 2nd top

scorer in roberts on the bench and then mess him about is asking for

trouble and it is losing the once had good team spirit, with miller not

hitting the net roberts deserves a run, with this bedding the new boys thing

how much time do thay need to bed in AND IN FACT WHAT ARE CITY DOING IN TRAINING DON'T THEY WORK ON THIS?.

If Roberts gave the ball away a lot it was because he was taking a chance and trying to create something

If he missed lots of chances it was because he was making lots of chances.

Its about time someone showed some attacking flair !

But at the same time if he had a go at Wilson (and I didnt see the incident) then that was wrong.

But at the same time if he had a go at Wilson (and I didnt see the incident) then that was wrong.

I disagree with that. I admit it may not LOOK professional, however, once the board is up, there is little a player can do but walk off the pitch.

That shouldn't stop him making his feelings known. As I said above, Roberts is always the fall guy of late.

It has got to be frustrating and if you just take it, then like in any business, your Manager would presume you have no problem with it.

Wilson should be man enough to take it on the chin and take on board Roberts questioning of his decisions. :(

Guest DrFaustus
Following him being substituted for the past two games Robbo has not been pleased to be brought off.

Surely its an improvement in relations to be brought off?

I'll get my kleenex.

EAT SHERYL CROW

Robbo deserves a run in the team, cos on the missed chances option, every player in the City team deserves benching, for some foul up or other, specially Peacock, Miller, Butler, and Doc. :(

Robbo is one of our quickest players, and causes problems, every time he plays, and with a run in the team , his touch will improve too, with confidence, but there again, does Danny actually want him to play?? :Confused13:

Cut him some slack, Danny, and play him for 90 minutes for half a dozen games, and if he is #### after then, then drop him!! :Confused13:

Archived