IGNORED

Lita

Granty

Listening to the game on City world last night, the one thing the guy kept saying was that Lita's 1st touch was poor, did anybody who went see the same or was he just as poor as the whole game sounded.

Coles sounded like he had a good game at the back (and a clean sheet as well). Maybe the most positive thing to come out of last night was a clean sheet.

Guest bristolbred

IF Lita had scored the penalty, then Heffernens' goal would of been forgotten, and Leroy would of been the hero of the night!!, :ProgrammePC:

But as it was saved..............................

:o

Players, especially strikers, thrive on confidence and Leroy's got it in abundance so far this season. Confidence can be very fragile though and I hope that two penalty misses in seven days together with a number of other golden chances squandered, doesn't affect Leroy's head. Hopefully a strong early partnership with Brooker will help steady his nerve.

Heffernan looked sharp and eager, Lita was a bit off the pace, but onepoorish game doesn't make a season. Just don't let him take any more penalties. Coles and Butler won the arial war and Coles did miss a great chance when through - after he switched to right back after Awank-mag went off injured.

The impressive thing about Lita is his self belief.The penalty misses won't phase him and he did put away the one that really mattered against H'field.

But..it still looks as if BT will be changeing the team penalty taker after two misses from three and for me it has to either BT himself or Wilkshire.

The impressive thing about Lita is his self belief.The penalty misses won't phase him and he did put away the one that really mattered against H'field.

But..it still looks as if BT will be changeing the team penalty taker after two misses from three and for me it has to either BT himself or Wilkshire.

I'd still like to see Micky Bell as the no.1 penalty taker, Tins if Belly is not available.

Quite incredible! One quieter game and suddenly he's in line for a tad of criticism. Being amongst the leading scorers in the division (and he maybe the top scorer) obviously isn't good enough for some people.

If you had bothered to turn up, you would have realised that he didn't have a poor game. Average I would say, but that was pretty much in keeping with everyone else in a generally low key affair, as you would expect in the first round of the LDV.

It looked for all the world that he had scored when he hit the inside of the post. Scored then and everyone would have thought he did OK. Better to have the bad luck in that game than in a much more important league game though.

Wouldn't have him on the pens in the future though. Tins, Heff and Bell, to name but 3, look better on spot kicks than Leroy.

As for the comment by someone above about Hill being not good enough, that beggars belief. To say he's too short, and then advocate Bell for the role (Bell being a good 6 and a half foot of course), pretty well sums up those comments I suppose!

Family commitments stopped be from attending last nights game (sorry for being a part time supporter).

I think you'll find my question was 'did he have a poor game' NOT he's crap and I think he should be dropped as your reply suggests!, just interested regarding his performance because the guy on BCFC world keep on saying Lita this ans that etc.

Quite incredible! One quieter game and suddenly he's in line for a tad of criticism. Being amongst the leading scorers in the division (and he maybe the top scorer) obviously isn't good enough for some people.

If you had bothered to turn up, you would have realised that he didn't have a poor game. Average I would say, but that was pretty much in keeping with everyone else in a generally low key affair, as you would expect in the first round of the LDV.

It looked for all the world that he had scored when he hit the inside of the post. Scored then and everyone would have thought he did OK. Better to have the bad luck in that game than in a much more important league game though.

Wouldn't have him on the pens in the future though. Tins, Heff and Bell, to name but 3, look better on spot kicks than Leroy.

As for the comment by someone above about Hill being not good enough, that beggars belief. To say he's too short, and then advocate Bell for the role (Bell being a good 6 and a half foot of course), pretty well sums up those comments I suppose!

Not true in my case at all , i have said for most of the season that lita is over-rated , infact i was saying it in pre season. I wouldnt drop him because he's scoring goals and i suppose his allround game is improving , but he doesnt imo deserve the worship he gets.

Guest DAMIEN-LITA
Not true in my case at all , i have said for most of the season that lita is over-rated , infact i was saying it in pre season. I wouldnt drop him because he's scoring goals and i suppose his allround game is improving , but he doesnt imo deserve the worship he gets.

What sort of supporter are you, Leroy does deserve the worship he gets, He also deserves to be knocked if he has a bad day but...............As for over rated i don't think so. The lad has got alot of developing to do but he is excellent for Bristol City, He is also getting noticed thats why so many agents are after him and so many Premiership "People" have been to Ashton Gate already this season you "NUMBTY"

Cider red...robbo is god..1 goal in 7 (?) games this season. i know he does lots for the team, draws out defenders for scotty etc, but so does lita...lita meanwhile has 9 goals in 13 starts. I agree with you cider red, 100%, that roberts is god, and lita is over rated, after all, what has leroy done that roberts hasn't??

Guest DAMIEN-LITA
Cider red...robbo is god..1 goal in 7 (?) games this season. i know he does lots for the team, draws out defenders for scotty etc, but so does lita...lita meanwhile has 9 goals in 13 starts. I agree with you cider red, 100%, that roberts is god, and lita is over rated, after all, what has leroy done that roberts hasn't??

:o:D:me?::D:D:blush::laugh::laugh:

YOU KEEP ON LOVING ROBERTS :wub:

The rest of us will stay in the real world and keep wathing the rest of :city: . Judging by the time you posted your message, you have obviously just got in from your local and had one to many.All this Roberts talk. :Sleep12: As for Lita, He is not over rated ! He is 19yrs old, enjoying the game, learning all the time and most of all SCORING GOALS for the team we all support !!!

Why is it that there has to be Roberts Haters/Lovers and Lita Haters/Lovers on this forum nowadays?

There was a time you could comment on a thread without being classified based on your comments.

I like Roberts; I think he is exciting and frustrating to watch.

I like Leroy. Yes I was unsure at the start of the season, however, as I have freely admitted, have been proved very wrong.

Surely the point is or at least should be that

1. we all want City to succeed no matter who starts

2. pigeon-holing people and getting personal (e.g. "NUMPTY") is only going to make this forum less of a pleasure to visit and reduce debate.

Why is it that there has to be Roberts Haters/Lovers and Lita Haters/Lovers on this forum nowadays?

There was a time you could comment on a thread without being classified based on your comments.

I like Roberts; I think he is exciting and frustrating to watch.

I like Leroy.  Yes I was unsure at the start of the season, however, as I have freely admitted, have been proved very wrong.

Surely the point is or at least should be that

1. we all want City to succeed no matter who starts

2. pigeon-holing people and getting personal (e.g. "NUMPTY") is only going to make this forum less of a pleasure to visit and reduce debate.

You starting Neo ?? :@ :@ :o

The fact is lita isnt as good as everyone says he is. Imo he's overrated and we have a better prospect in gillespie who if he had played the same amount of games a lita he would have scored more.

I agree, Gillespie should have been given more chances. He is a natural goalscorerr and intelligent too. Having seen him score quite a few goals in reserves/friendlies, I think he should be given a chance with Brooker!! That will stir things up with all you Lita lovers/haters. :o

What sort of supporter are you, Leroy does deserve the worship he gets, He also deserves to be knocked if he has a bad day but...............As for over rated i don't think so. The lad has got alot of developing to do but he is excellent for Bristol City, He is also getting noticed thats why so many agents are after him and so many Premiership "People" have been to Ashton Gate already this season you "NUMBTY"

Numbty??? Jesus christ its just my opinion you don't have to agree with it , thats what this forum is for you know. And in MY opinion lita is overrated and gets worship from the majority of the fans that he doesnt deserve , he gets his name chanted even when he misses penaltys for gods sake.And the responses i have had on this forum from people proves this point , its JUST my opinion but i get loads of abuse from people jumping to protect precious leroy just because i said lita is overrated!Lita doesn't have a very good first touch and that will let him down if he is ever to play at a higher level. What worries me is that we have a very good prospect in gillespie who will sit and rot in the reserves when lita who is the same age but probably doesnt have as much ability is getting a fair crack at the whip.

As for my signiture , its meant to be funny ,people were looking at job predictor.com and it came out with roberts as a god , seeing as the campaign to get roberts accepted was just getting started i thought i would have it as my signiture as it was appropriate. i'm supporting roberts because of the undeserved stick he gets , sure he can be frustrating sometimes and when he is i get annoyed with him too but i don't boo him like a lot of idiots do.

What kind of supporter am i?? well i guess i'm not good enough a supporter to have my own opinion am i? :o:D:me?:

You cant drop lita at the moment because he is scoring goals but i don't think he is as good as people make out thats all. Bloody hell.

"what planet are you on mate"

Well i'm certainly not on planet lita is the best striker since thierry henry and should play for real madrid.

The thing I was most impressed with was the return of Bell.

Hill has worked hard at left-back but you could see the moment Bell came on what a difference it is to have a natural and comfortable left-back playing.

He looked pretty solid defensively (I wasnt in the best seat to see everything he did though!), and it was brilliant to see him firing quality balls into the box.

The fact he is good going forward and defending means him being a regular starter could be a major advantage to the team.

The fact is lita isnt as good as everyone says he is. Imo he's overrated and we have a better prospect in gillespie who if he had played the same amount of games a lita he would have scored more.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks he is! Lita's first touch is teribble, he's misses a few penalties.........and one -on- one's! I still think he is a good sub to have....behind Robbo

Archived