IGNORED

Lee Peacock

cityfan

I see he hasn't played the last two games for Wednesday or been on the subs bench.

Do we know if he's out of favour or maybe injured?

Probably not directly related, but Sturrock has, this week, said the following:

"I'd probably got preconceived ideas when I got here that the fan base was the problem. That's not the problem - it's the players who are the problem. I've left them in no doubt that they change or I change them.

For too long there have been various excuses put forward for the players. It's about time now that they took the brunt of it. Some will be strong enough to handle it. But some will fall by the wayside because of it. The important thing is that we are able to divide the chaff from the wheat, and find the ones with the winning spirit."

Looks like make or break time for Lee P, amongst others.

Proberbly out of favour - afterall it is Lee Peacock we're talking about  :D

As a player who can hold up the ball and played the "target man" role very well perhaps Tinman should of thought of that before he let him casually go to Wednesday..... We could be £225 richer  :o

Couldn't agree more other than he was prone to be injured and played a little to deep for my liking

As i said Tom - He better produce.....

He will as he is a proven target man, Peacock was never a proven anything, except player with good ability, but finishing was ok at times and poor more often than not.

How you can even think that Peacock ever was, is, or will be a better target man than Brooker is frankly beyond me, as peacock was a poor target man. I would have liked to see them both together as Peacock needed a target man to play off, someone with a football brain to compensate for his complete lack of one, thats why he worked well with Matthews as all of Peacocks decisions were made for him, because Matthews had the brain.

I know he was Wilson's "golden boy" and couldnt put a foot wrong but surely Tins could of worked on those little faults of his..... £225k dear oh dear he better produce thats all i can say!!!!!  :o

It's only £225k if we get promoted etc. Bearing in mind we didn't get promoted in four years of trying with Lee P up front, it was probably time to give someone else a chance.

And Lee P cost £600k. Dear oh dear, he should have produced for that.

I heard a rumour that he phoned in sick one Saturday morning and ain't played since..............

I think that's pretty much it GGT. I believe that's what Turner said. But Mr. Turner has gone now and I wonder how Sturrock rated him? Premature I know but that could be it for Peacock at Wednesday if Sturrock doesn't rate him.

I see he hasn't played the last two games for Wednesday or been on the subs bench.

Do we know if he's out of favour or maybe injured?

How long has it been since we had an Owls fan on here telling us what a big mistake we'd made in letting him go?

I think that's pretty much it GGT. I believe that's what Turner said. But Mr. Turner has gone now and I wonder how Sturrock rated him? Premature I know but that could be it for Peacock at Wednesday if Sturrock doesn't rate him.

Well as he scored the goal that inflicted Plymuffs only home defeat last year he's defiantely heard of him - is he Sturrock type player - probably not.

The Wednesday "Owls Talk" forum says he's out for 6 weeks (not official though)

By the time he's fit and going by Wednesday's reputation of changing there squad so much, thats an eternity!

Another of his 'niggles' that turn into 6 weeks on the treatmant table. Must be a shame for him he hasnt got Lee M to keep him company anymore.

RedUn I cant even be bothered to reply

Tell me something I don't know.

I've asked you before what Peacock thought the first two years of his lucrative four year contract were supposed to be all about if not "getting his head down and working really hard" ... only to be met by only your deafening silence.

Archived