IGNORED

Brooker - Not As Good As He Thinks He Is?

Slave to the rhythm

Just read this on a Port Vale messageboard:

"There's an interesting article by Lou Macari in tonight's Sentinel

The headline is

DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE, YOU'RE NOT THAT GOOD

He writes that Brooker is a prime example of footballers getting too big for their boots. They are believing their own hype because their agents are filling them full of bulls_hite

He goes on to say that he read in disbelief how Brooker always regarded his career at Vale as a stepping stone, a stepping stone to where? he asks.......

He says he saw him on the opening day at Walsall and he struck him as a decent enough player for his division but that's as far as it goes

I tend to wholeheartedly agree with Lou. "

Comments?

The headline is

He writes that Brooker is a prime example of footballers getting too big for their boots. They are believing their own hype because their agents are filling them full of bulls_hite

He goes on to say that he read in disbelief how Brooker always regarded his career at Vale as a stepping stone, a stepping stone to where? he asks.......

He says he saw him on the opening day at Walsall and he struck him as a decent enough player for his division but that's as far as it goes

Comments?

Yeah I heard that Interview on the radio, I don't think it's wise to upset your former clubs by calling them a stepping stone to greater things etc, but that's what he did. I thing most impartial observers would agree that we are a bigger club than Port Vale. In the same interview he said there was no competition for his place there whereas here he in amongst 5/6 strikers so we must be bigger.

Brooker has only played one game for City and none of us are qualified yet to comment on how good he might be.

If Macari is basing his assessment of Brooker on one game then I reckon Macari's opinion is uninformed.

On the other hand if Macari has watched Brooker over a decent number of games then his opinion could be regarded as valied.

As for me - I'll wait untill I've seen Brooker play at laest 10 games before I pass any kind of judgement.

"

On the other hand if Macari has watched Brooker over a decent number of games then his opinion could be regarded as valid."

I assume that he's seen Brooker play on a few occasions. Macari is based in the Stoke area and was writing a column in a Stoke paper so I assume that he has some idea of what he's talking about. However, I have no more idea than you! I just thought it was an interesting thing for him to have written about in his column.

The headline is

Comments?

Haven't seen enough of Brooker (actually I haven't seen anything) to judge.

However, I do know that Macari has had the knife in for City ever since honourable individuals with City connections were involved in exposing the shameful circumstances of his tenure at Swindle.

Never having seen him play in a Bristol City shirt I'll reserve judgement for now. But I'll back Brian Tinnion's judgement of a player ahead of Lou Macari's any day.

Wasn't Macari an international player who played at the very highest level (Manure)? Why don't you value his opinion?

Wasn't Macari an international player who played at the very highest level (Manure)?  Why don't you value his opinion?

You can add to that the fact that not one of the teams Macari ever managed has/did ever finish in the lower half of the table.

I'd say that with that kind of record he's an excellent judge of a footballers ability.

Archived