IGNORED

Adie Williams

Ray White

As a captain he should be a good organiser, and he certainly has the look of a central defender -  he'd presumably know Scott Murray and Reading ain't so far as he'd have to move his family.  Is he a big mutha though ? we need a big mutha

He's very tall. Not the weightiest, but strong enough. Notable for his ability to kick the ball out of the ground.

I think we'd need to offer him a decent wage and a fairly long contract, as it sounds like that's what Reading won't offer him. I'd be inclined to make an exception in this case and give him what he wants, as I am absolutely certain he'd make a big difference to our team.

He's at a similar stage of his career as Shaun Taylor was when we signed him, and what an inspirational signing that turned out to be. It may be that the promise of a couple of years contract, a decent wage and the chance to experience another promotion might be enough to tempt him.

"

He's at a similar stage of his career as Shaun Taylor was when we signed him, and what an inspirational signing that turned out to be. It may be that the promise of a couple of years contract, a decent wage and the chance to experience another promotion might be enough to tempt him."

No offence Dave, but isn't it more like "come and join the comfy club Adie. We love it here as we get paid really well and we never have to actually achieve anything".

Haven't we been down this road before? Lever and Dyche anyone?

I go up to watch Reading regularly as my Girlfriend supports them, and its gotta be said Adie Williams is a class act, and I can't believe Reading are going to let go there longest serving, and most loyal player.

Could be great news for us though, just gotta make him the right offer.

Surely Scott could have a word in his ear :blush:

Guest bristolbred
Reading ain't so far as he'd have to move his family. 

Scotty only lived in Hungerford, but has no doubt moved back to near Bristol, as not to face the grind of driving up and down the M4!!, :blush:

I used to work with his dad when I lived in reading and was invited a few times to some games to watch him play. Yes he is a big ball winning centre half,the type we need, but he does seem to suffer from bad injuries, not weeks but months, could spend a long time on the treatment table.

Archived