IGNORED

Swindon Chasing Roberts.

TinnionForEngland

It's not that he's a bad footballer (well to some it is) it's his 'chav' persona, it's hard to explain as I can't speak on behalf of them

Some Brief Views.

... Obviously the whole Bristol City will come into play too.

Swindon is full of 'Chav' he'd fit right in. Except that rather than sample the dubious delights of the Bedroom, Edwards & Lava Lounge he'd wisely hot-tail it back to Cardiff at every opportunity.

Swindon is full of 'Chav' he'd fit right in. Except that rather than sample the dubious delights of the Bedroom, Edwards & Lava Lounge he'd wisely hot-tail it back to Cardiff at every opportunity.

One day you'll get out of Swindon, Swindlered! You must be some angry guy! Swindon isn't exactly a club town! It is rubbish.

One day you'll get out of Swindon, Swindlered! You must be some angry guy! Swindon isn't exactly a club town! It is rubbish.

Actually I quite like Swindle, though I must admit to being somewhat disheartened at waking up to the sight of the County Ground everyday rather than the majestic curves of Ashton Gate!

Actually I quite like Swindle, though I must admit to being somewhat disheartened at waking up to the sight of the County Ground everyday rather than the majestic curves of Ashton Gate!

My girlfriend lives near Ashton Gate and we drive past it all the time when we're in Brizzol ... Just a big B&Q give me our third world football ground anyday!!!! :huh:

Rich-TGSC-

Good point Mr Ed.  Bit early in the morning for all this.  I'd still let him go though.  We have Brooker, Lita, Heffernan, Miller and Gillespie who I all think are better players.

An argument could be made that Roberts can also play on the wing but he has seemed ineffective when played there.  Plus did anyone see Roberts not celebrate with the rest of the team after Murray's goal against Huddersfield? Very strange.

Right now we have Miller & Heffernan who cost us money and cant hold down a first team spot.Goodfellow has gone to the Vale, and Roberts wont be a first team fixture. We have Brooker who also cost us money, so we need some money coming in. Yes we do have bean counters, so lets bring in some revenue to help balance the books. We have an exciting squad with Scott Brown, Harley,Gillespie,and Lita still in their teens.....lets use our own talent....correctly in their best positions,we will do just fine. Perhaps we will not quite make the playoffs this year, but given a season to settle down, Tins should have a stronger settled team next season.

Guest DAMIEN-LITA
Good point Mr Ed.  Bit early in the morning for all this.  I'd still let him go though.  We have Brooker, Lita, Heffernan, Miller and Gillespie who I all think are better players.

An argument could be made that Roberts can also play on the wing but he has seemed ineffective when played there.  Plus did anyone see Roberts not celebrate with the rest of the team after Murray's goal against Huddersfield? Very strange.

At the moment !

Swindon Town are believed to have made a five-figure bid for former Exeter City striker Christian Roberts. The Welshman, who left Exeter for Ashton Gate two years ago for £100,000, has been pusheed down the pecking order at the coca-Cola League 1 club following the arrivals of Steve Brooker and Paul Heffernan and the form of Leroy Lita.Roberts, who still lives in Cardiff and is out of contract at the end of the season, scored 18 goals in 67 appearances for the Grecians.

Swindon Town are believed to have made a five-figure bid for former Exeter City striker Christian Roberts. The Welshman, who left Exeter for Ashton Gate two years ago for £100,000, has been pusheed down the pecking order at the coca-Cola League 1 club following the arrivals of Steve Brooker and Paul Heffernan and the form of Leroy Lita.Roberts, who still lives in Cardiff and is out of contract at the end of the season, scored 18 goals in 67 appearances for the Grecians.

What was this source from? Or is it the WDP story?

Guest bristolbred
One day you'll get out of Swindon,

I've got some mates who live in Swindle, and they have been trying to get out of the place for years!!, :grr:

It's the "ROYSTON VASEY!" of the West Country!!, :blink:

The Windy town of the West!!, :huh:

I've got some mates who live in Swindle, and they have been trying to get out of the place for years!!,  :grr:

It's the "ROYSTON VASEY!" of the West Country!!, :blink:

The Windy town of the West!!,  :huh:

:D Nevermind! Never lived in the Town itself ... West Wilts boy me! Not that'll make difference to Bristol folk! We're all the same!

Yes, like you did on Lita.

Once again we find your facts slightly clouded.

I, like several others wondered at the START of the season, whether Lita was ready for the first team and wondered if a loan move would suit him.

I'm sure even you "oh great one" were surprised after a fairly average pre-season to see him given a starting berth for the first league game.

AND, unlike many others, I did not brush this statement under the carpet and hope nobody noticed. I came on here and said I was wrong and that he has proved beyond doubt that he was ready.

Never once did I state I don't rate him and not once since I admitted I was wrong have I criticised him in any shape or form.

However, many others have and yet you are surprisingly silent towards them. Is it that you like creating argument with a select few?

If so, you are sadder than I at first thought :P

I'm sure even you "oh great one" were surprised after a fairly average pre-season to see him given a starting berth for the first league game.

I don't know if he would have started if it wasn't for him scoring against WBA in the last game, to be honest he looked very poor in the friendlies, but as they say, friendlies don't mean ###### all.

Archived