IGNORED

City Accept Roberts Bid

sdc1978

No, we have lost a squad player who is coming to the end of his contract with no sign of the offer of a new one; a player who has at best been fitful and shows little sign of moving on a level in the way that Gillespie, Brooker, Lita, Heffernan, Cottrill, Miller (do you want me to go on?) do....

Best of luck to Robbo, he has had a tough time from a minority of idiots at Ashton Gate and I hope he does well and gets a better response from Swindon fans than he did here.

I think you're the only person who's got it right. He's a pretty good player for this level, but we have better. From the reaction you would think it's a key player like Docherty or Coles who had left.

Another poor decision by those in charge at AG.

When Roberts and Peacock were DW's preferred strike-force, it was always Roberts who was subbed even if LP was having a stinker. Now he's been treated poorly and sold for a mere £20,000 by the current regime and we have the chairman in the local media explaining this decision. Why aren't the coaching staff explaining the reasons for Roberts' sale if it was for footballing reasons? Why can't BT come out and say why Roberts was no longer required?

I've always thought that Roberts was poorly treated by DW playing-wise and has lasted just 11 league games with the new management. Isn't that a quarter of the team that finished 3rd last season now gone (Carey, Peacock now Roberts)? It didn't need that much tinkering with did it? I wish Roberts all the best for the future and hope he gets more of a chance at his new club.

In 35 years supporting City, i can't remember a player who has been treated so despicably by the club.

This is the most mystifying, exasperating, disappointing and downright nonsensical decision i can ever remember by City, and that's saying something.

All the very best Robbo, you've given us some fantastic memories.

I reckon you'll go on to be a big success and it's an outrage it won't be with City.

Absolutely livid with this decision and very disillusioned tonight with Bristol City F.C.

Nogbad.

Guest Jacqui S

Just heard the news. Bad move City!

To all his critics, just remember that Roberts made a big step up in joining City - typically a contingent of whingers were never able to consider this.

He has provided some entertaining football and was always a threat. I accept that he had bad games - but he's hardly unique in the team for that is he?!

I am really disappointed that the partnership and teamwork that was building so well between Roberts, Lita and Murray will now come to nothing.

Brooker has to prove that he can settle in to the team; Heffernan has yet to impress.

I think we are making a big mistake. Swindon maybe has the vision we lack and will reap the benefits throughout the season ahead.

Good luck to Christian Roberts. A lot of fans enjoyed your football.

:huh:

1/ I'm worried that the cheap price suggests that the club are cash strapped (its a buyers market when you deal with a forced seller).

2/ I think we should have less players more quality. From reports, Brooker is capable of playing in the Championship. In my opinion, Roberts is a good lower league player.

3/ I'm pleased that this will soon result in the disappearance of those 'Roberts Supporters' pictures which slow up my PC.

4/ Christian Roberts delivered one of the truly priceless moments for City fans against Hartlepool. A 'Roy of the Rovers' moment on a par with Neville against Exeter in the Area Final all those years ago. For that reason, Christian is assured a place in our hearts and the knowledge that those that were there will remember that goal for the rest of our lives. Thanks for the memories and commitment shown. I wish him the best of fortune and a long career.

He won't be missed now.

wrong, I think he'll be greatly missed, Lita will now have to gell with another partner, I know i'll miss him, :huh: but the best of luck to him, shame he wont be able to play against us, just goes to show that the powers to be really know just what they are letting go. :grr: :@

• Admin

The Statistical Analysis of the Buying & Selling of Christian Roberts:

Bought: £100k

2.5 years salary: (estimate £1500k/week) £195k

Sold: (worst case scenario) £20k

1 goal against Hartlepool: (estimate) £400k

Balance: £125k (with possible £30k to follow & ignoring the value of the other goals that helped us achieve play-off contention)

Can I just add on this blackest of days my complete apathy that a second..no..third rate waster is goning to have to drive a bit further to work every day in his Mercedes.

At least it will cut down on the amount of pointless threds appearing on here.

Like the man said..shut the door on the way out.

:grr:

What an idiot you are, god i wish you'd shut the door on the way out and take the handle with you, I just think you like to wind people up, well it's worked with me. :@ :@ you should be a rovers fan, they don't know good players when they see them. Or are you the other fan who takes a guide dog to the matches down the gate?. That would explain alot of your posts :huh:

As others have said, he was good but we have better potential. He was criminally wasted at times but it's mainly down to an error in judging when his "good days" will be. He was up for most things, but could not get the finishes in most of the time- which will be Tinman's lynchpin in any successes we'll have. Football is a game that ultimately lauds results above everything else; and as tenacious, eager, skillful and courageous Robbo is, that's the sword he has fallen on.

Yes, it matters that he hasn't been given enough chance to prove his worth to the club, but a handful of chances that produce results are far more than a legion that come *just* short of proving yourself. I am grateful for the times that he has been the winner of games, I just wish that there had been more of them. It's despicable that he's going for a pittance but I can see the method of why he's leaving, if I do think the means do not befit of this club.

There's ALWAYS a bigger fish.

Guest Dorito

Average player leaves the gate so that we can recoup some funds before he leaves for free at the end of the season. What's the big deal?

If we are to get to and stay in the Championship we need better than Robbo I'm afraid.

There is no one to fill his boots and I personally am appalled that we, a promotion chasing team with big aspirations would let a player of his quality in this division go for such a ridiculous sum.

What makes you think that we are a promotion chasing team with big aspirations? I see no evidence that we have any aspirations at all, beyond merely surviving in this bloody awful lower division hell that we find ourselves in. If Roberts has left because we are aiming to upgrade the quality of players we have at the club then that's great. However, I think Roberts has left simply because we are obsessive about slashing the wage bill.

Didn't want to post a new thread and I haven't read every post on here so I apologise if it's been discussed but after reading a Roberts interview I can't help but think the promotion comment is a dig at City? Could be wrong... Don't see the logic myself as we're pretty much in the same situation at the moment.

Roberts Evening Advertiser Comments

Guest Blinkpip
No, 'bolox' is the rumour that Sheffield United are going to bid £300,000 for Sam Parkin... Wonder where we got the money to bid from!?!?!?!

Just when we get (or going to get) a partner for Parkin, he goes! That would be painfully ironic!

The truth is out the girlfriendwhosupports city. :dunno:

Guest DAMIEN-LITA
Lita will now have to gell with another partner !!!

:dunno: But for how long ?? Roberts has just got to sort out his personal bits with Swindon ! And to add insult to injury he wont be earning as much either !!

Robbo will be missed but others will follow mate, Keep your chin up and let them have IT !

Archived