IGNORED

City Accept Roberts Bid

sdc1978

I was hoping that they were talking about the text service, not robbo

who i rate.

I was indeed talking about the service, it is a shame to see Chris leave, providing Swindon can offer enough wages for him, after all he definitely cares about the club and we need players like that

Official website says just £20k up front plus £30k on appearances.

Not much when you consider how much we've spent this season, but then if he's going to be out of contract at the end of the season, its better than nowt.

And he's not left for football reasons apparently...

He'll almost certainly be going, assuming he can agree terms with Swindon.Its an ideal move for Roberts.He won't have to uproot his family and move from Cardiff.He'll have a contract that will run past his currant City one which ends at the end of the season and he'll probably get more first team football.

Good luck to him.

Guest REDCIDERARMY

Terrible shame this Robbo has given good entertainment and got us to the play offs last season,only seems yesterday we were charlifting him off the pitch after the Hartlepool game.

I guess its the best move for him as Tins I think prefers Heff and now with Brooker can not really see a first team place regular anyway,lost again on money we signed him for 150k from Exeter I think but he did get us to the final last season,anyway thanks for all the goals and 100% determination you have put in and good luck for the future,but do not score to many goals for Swindon.

20k?

Yeah I don't rate him but that's a joke, 70k would have been more acceptable, but that is unbelivable.

He'd probably not get much of a chance in the team now, and would probably walk away for nothing in July, they paid £100k for him, so £20k is better then nothing at all but it is a low figure.

I think it's for the best to be honest.

We need to shift one of our strikers and if we get a fee for him then good- especially when you consider he's out of contract at the end of the season.

Roberts has a lot of potential but can be very frustrating and I don't think he's good enough for where we want to go. If we had just 3 strikers then I would want him to stay but we can't afford that many.

I have four simple wishes-

1. He NEVER scores against us.

2. He doesn't do too well for Swindon.

3. But he plays enough to get us that extra £30,000.

4. When we play Swindon he isn't booed by the City fans. Frustrating though he is- he has had some great times with us (Play-Off semi, Mansfield, Cardiff x2) and us chosing to sell him (assuming he does go) is not his fault.

It's only £20K if he makes no appearances.

Was talking about worst case scenarios. He's on his way, he wasnt going to get a look in at the team, and dare I say this, wasnt going to get his head down and fight for his place (going to get shouted at for that I expect) so maybe he's best off starting fresh somewhere else. Dare I mention that Swindon were the only same division "local" side in another post somewhere? :huh: I know, shocking innit?

An excellent player on his day, and he's provided some great memories.

However... we still have plenty of pace, flair and ability amongst our squad. Mixed with intelligence and a mentality which means working for the team and not for yourself, as well as the promising Gillespie and Cotteril to come in...

He won't be missed now.

It's a good deal in general.

He was out of contract at the end of the season and had already made noises about being fed up with the competition for places. I think he would have walked away for nothing if he wasn't getting enough first team football.

We will seif he really is the talent that some claim, as he will be playing alongside a target man and given every chance.

Guest BlackthornRed

I think that Christian Roberts has had his time at City, He didnt do that well for Cardiff or Exeter and maybe it is time to give Gillespie a chance. He used to run around like a headless chicken at times. Come on you Reds, put that 50k into buying or loaning a quality centre half.

Archived