IGNORED

'not A Footballing Decision'

leepeacock's50phead

I notice Steve Landsown said that accepting the offer for Roberts from swindle was;

'not a footballing decision but more of a practical one'

sounds like rubbish to me! It only became a practical decision because we don't want to offer him a new contract at the end of the season (i can only assume a football decision)

Don't dress it up Steve! whether its his attitude or his game, the club no longer require his services so please leave it there rather that trying to make out we had to take the offer on 'practical' terms.

yet another player we have made a loss on ho-hum :huh:

Christian Roberts seemed a bargain at £100,000 when compared to the £600,000 we paid for Lee Peacock. I just hope, for my sanity, that Roberts does not score too many goals for Swinedon. Otherwise good luck to Roberts - he did make the effort unlike lots of other signings by Pulis and Wilson.

This is a political game. Roberts in the paper Saturday and now our Chairman feels it necessary to go on the radio and explain the Roberts situation. Why? We're only getting a guaranteed £20,000 - Does that really warrant the Chairmans valuable time and a explanation.

It's Personal and that makes this a bad bad decision

My guess is that Roberts was had slipped a long down the pecking order in BT's long term plans and the club would not have let Roberts go if Tins had said that he wanted to keep him and was thinking of offering Roberts a new deal.

It is a footballing decision which ever way you look at it.

My guess is that Roberts was had slipped a long down the pecking order in BT's long term plans and the club would not have let Roberts go if Tins had said that he wanted to keep him and was thinking of offering Roberts a new deal.

It is a footballing decision which ever way you look at it.

It seems that way. Things must have dramatically changed since the arrival of Brooker as Roberts had been so in favour so far this season. I suppose it is best all round, he gets regular football whereas he could have sat on the bench and left for nothing in a couple of months.

Good luck Robbo.

It does seem like he has been here longer than the 2 and a half years though.

well said bud, i have a sneaky feeling the city 'market' players to get them out the club, i know its a big call, but i seem to remember clist playing a few games last season, scoring and then being dropped out of sight again. who knows if there were scouts around at the time.

so, this begs the question, why did the tinman buy heffs? we all know he was a big fan on lita, he's said himself that he's always rated him, but its obvious he is the same sort of player as lita, and he went out and bought another player rather than play the two tegether.

my prediction is lita to leave before xmas, prob for around a million, brooker and heff to be the front two. Miller to show patience (again, always impressed me when given a run out) while gillespie will probably think that bristol city is the last place he needs to be at his age, the oldest striker at the club is a 23 yr old, when does youth get a chance?!)

am i talkin total bull here?

Archived