IGNORED

Managers Interview

cityfan

Roberts is due for talks with Swindon this weekend and Brian believes a move up the M4 would be a good one for the Welshman.

"It would probably suit both parties," Tins added. "Christian has still got to decide whether the Swindon move is the one for him with regards to personal terms."He's been great for me since I've been here. I got on well with him when I was a player and it's been the same since I became manager.

"It's just unfortunate that we've got six strikers at the club and he's the one with the contract that runs out in the summer.

"We've had an offer of £50,000, which is £50,000 more than we would get for Christian at the end of the season. "There's been no falling out, he's played this season and helped us get some points on the board.I will say good luck to him if he goes. If he doesn't then he will be back in on Monday fighting to be involved against Hull City.

Questions:

Why would it suit both parties? Roberts believes he was due a new contract as stated in the BEP tonight.

Why is it unfortunate that we've got 6 strikers? That being the case, why did we go and get two more to make 6 if we knew this would put this kind of pressure on Roberts, a proven performer down at Ashton Gate?

Why don't we renew his contract? Then sell one of the others for presumably more than £20,000 making a defender more affordable.

I hope he doesn't go and is given a fair crack of the whip to get back in the team and is not alienated. If he stays and does a good job helping City get promoted City will get much more back than a pitiful £20,000 as a result iof being promoted. Remember, three/four weeks ago he was first choice alongside Lita and above all the others.

The truth is not yet out and Miller said in the paper last night that Christian had done nothing wrong this season. To many fluffy and soft words being reported for me. Somethings being glossed over.

You can't expect BT or anyone from the club coming out with "Roberts is inconsistant and cr*p most of the time.He's also a moody git with an attitude problem who has a negative influence in the dressing room" can you?

Of course things are being glossed over.

Archived