IGNORED

Back Off Steve

i_am_red

Nicely put.

Just like to add that when Roberts leaves I hope some of his fans will too,as they really get up my(and obviously others)nose.

Tantrums,toys out of prams,poor attitude,Roberts is God syndrome seems to cloud all reasonable thought.

If it is that bad for you poor guys then sell your ticket(hopefully to someone who will support THE CLUB)and travel up the M4 to see your man and let us get on with BCFC.

:grr: 

:D

Do you actually believe the point of this thread was to discuss Roberts? Truly?

Personally, i've been talking about subjectivity and professionalism in a high profile role within our club and not give one thought to Robbo in this thread.

Is it just me that thinks the points made have been clouded by people bringing Roberts in to this? :dunno:

Hang on a minute.

How can you ask people who like one player over another to push off to another club?

Where I am not the worlds biggest Roberts fan, asking people to go watch Swindle instead seems a little extreme.

Pay attention,some of these fans are asking the Chairman for a refund on their season tickets.

Does that not convey end of support?.

I think so!.

Pay attention,some of these fans are asking the Chairman for a refund on their season tickets.

Does that not convey end of support?.

I think so!.

1 fan I believe it is.

Also, as I hinted higher up, it is more likely a culmination of reasons why this fan was dejected or else it was a knee-jerk reaction.

Either way, what is your opinion on the TRUE point of this thread i.e. chairman responses to emotional threads?

:D

Do you actually believe the point of this thread was to discuss Roberts? Truly?

Personally, i've been talking about subjectivity and professionalism in a high profile role within our club and not give one thought to Robbo in this thread. 

Is it just me that thinks the points made have been clouded by people bringing Roberts in to this?  :grr:

Sorry I must bow down to you on this one,no mention of Roberts from you only "subjectivity etc." :dunno:

Firstly, i'm not surprised everybody is sticking up for the chairman; terrible Neo; having an opinion on something!

I will give it from my side.

The post by we8gas whether you agree with his sentiments or not was presumably born out of frustration with this club which quite frankly, most of us have been through.

Such things as poor results, players leaving on frees or little money, 4/5 hour queues for tickets, poor catering facilities, hours trying to get tickets online, Mill Stad poor shows etc. etc. grind you down - i'm reasonably sure the post wasn't just because of Roberts going - I would suggest that is more the "straw that broke".

Anyhoo, the post was done rightly or wrongly.

The Steve L forum is a great facility and it is nice that top club officials give the time to respond to questions.

However, their answers MUST be subjective and professional.  There is no room for emotion.

Steve's answer IMO, is utterly unprofessional and he is fortunate in this instance that so many people on this forum go through life with rose-tinted specs, hence, will think a response like that is clever as opposed to completely ignorant to the disilluionment of a "bread and butter" fan (the core of the club I believe Colin S classes them as).

Steve IMO should of waited a few days to answer this question or not answered it full stop (as he chooses to do with same of othe other knee-jerk posts on the forum).

The post was easy to answer without the sarcasm :-

Dear Supporter,

The club at times have to make decisions that will not always be popular with supporters.  We believe the sell of Christian Roberts at this time is an acceptable option after due consideration.

I hope you will come to appreciate the reasons for this decision over time and hope you will reconsider selling your season ticket as we depend on your support.

Yours,

Steve

Not hard was it?  At the end of the day, YOU will accept this sort of response so I will shut my mouth. 

But, I look forward to the day when an issue upsets YOU and you get an inappropriate response.  I'll laugh my ass off!  :dunno:  :grr:

As for your reply SWINDON HATER :-  All i'll say is as ever, you try to pick fault with my post.  As ever, you don't have the intelligence to understand it fully!  :D

Apart from this earlier in the thread that does contain references to Roberts.

It does get cloudy sometimes. :D

E-bay,got any prams,love it.

Sorry I must bow down to you on this one,no mention of Roberts from you only "subjectivity etc." :grr:

No need to bow; this is a forum (you could kneel if it makes you feel better! :P )

The below is not aimed at you; just a general observation quite a few people (including myself) should take in!!

As I said in another thread very recently, I will now be glad when Roberts has gone because things have got to a farcical level with this lover/hater bit which is a big shame.

I like Roberts, I rate Roberts and i'm disappointed he's leaving. However, i'm not a "Roberts lover" whose judgements/opinions on everything is governed by any anger towards his imminent departure.

Too many threads on this forum are being ruined by people "labelling" others in to categories and thinking there are ulterior (sp?) motives behind the points being made.

BTW, as well as a Roberts lover; I am NOT a true fan of this club!! :dunno:

edit : whilst on the subject of labelling others.

Sorry to Swindon Hater for my comment above :D

I have now decided that perhaps you are not my complete opposite and perhaps you are my good twin brother who I got separated from at birth. My Mum did mention you! :P

Apart from this earlier in the thread that does contain references to Roberts.

It does get cloudy sometimes. :dunno:

E-bay,got any prams,love it.

AH!!

This reference was to point out that I didn't think the comments were just a "Roberts Lover" gone mad! :P

If more people cared, why on earth would they not post? Steve L would come round and beat them up? Season ticket would be confiscated? Archie Gooch let loose with a sharp stick? People don't post, because people don't care!

I care and I wouldn't normally post because I don't think it is worth it on this forum which is too run on stating opinion and too little on listening. Steve's original post was rubbish and inappropriate, to be fair to him though I thought his second post to we8gas was excellent and more expressive of the tone I expect from our board to it's fans.

Thanks Neo, I think your points have been excellently made in this thread.

I care and I wouldn't normally post because I don't think it is worth it on this forum which is too run on stating opinion and too little on listening.  Steve's original post was rubbish and inappropriate, to be fair to him though I thought his second post to we8gas was excellent and more expressive of the tone I expect from our board to it's fans. 

Thanks Neo, I think your points have been excellently made in this thread.

Thanks to you :P

I agree that Steve's second response was much better. Although his response to me wasn't exactly full of cheer :grr: , to be fair, he said he had noted my points and it is obvious in the way he expressed to we8gas.

All is rosey and well with the world again :dunno:

Guest keepthefaith
I read both posts as well - but I needn't have bothered as they were both pointless little digs.

IMHO anyone who wants a refund of their season ticket just because a player has left or because he is unhappy with the way things are going, is just chucking his dummy out of his pram.

A bit like Roberts has done many times :dunno:

Nicely put.

Just like to add that when Roberts leaves I hope some of his fans will too,as they really get up my(and obviously others)nose.

Tantrums,toys out of prams,poor attitude,Roberts is God syndrome seems to cloud all reasonable thought.

If it is that bad for you poor guys then sell your ticket(hopefully to someone who will support THE CLUB)and travel up the M4 to see your man and let us get on with BCFC.

:dunno:

What a Muppet.......................topic is not EVEN about Roberts.......... :grr: City fans will stay loyal to City no matter what!!! Fool!!!

Looking through the whole thread there is a vague refence to him, in places, but someone always has to bring him directly in don't they................

Archived