IGNORED

First City Experience

EmersonsKev

Friendly against FC Malmo in 1979 I believe...can't remember the score but 1-1 rings a bell for some reason!!!!

It was 1 nil to Malmo! And they scored with a great free kick! They then went on to lose to Forest in the Euro Cup final that year and we signed their keeper...

And I can't remember who we played in my first game, but it was the day the Gas lost to Spurs in 9-0 in October 1977, so I knew I had made the right decision!!

City vs. Birmingham on 25 March 1967.

City won 3-1 and I think the team was something like

Gibson- Ford, Connor, Parr, Briggs - Quigley, Low, Peters - McIlmoyle, Crowe

Who's missing ?

I had been inspired to go by City's heroics against Spurs in the FA Cup 2 weeks previously [Lost 2-0, missed a twice taken penalty]

Ooo I've been waiting for this question to come up!

My First City Game!

Early 1991 Ashton Gate (aged 7)

Bristol City 0-4 Swindon Town

Hazard, White 2, Shearer

That was one of my first matches. My dad is a Swindon fan and his flatmate at the time was a City fan ... I kind of looked up to him so liked both clubs (hense my soft spot for City) but in the away end I forgot all about that!

Looking back Swindon were rubbish that season (fallout after "Swindle")

Guest bristolbred

Can't remember the actual first one when i was a little lad living in Avonmouth, so i assume it was the 68/9 season, and we lost!!.

I can remember that home crowds were more vocal than they are now!!!.:D

The first match i ever went to on my own, as my parents divorced and i was now living in Berkshire, was in the August of 1976, at Highbury. Wasn't a high scoring game!!, :wacko:

Was anybody else there??. :Party27:

I don't know when it was or who it was against but Kevin Mabutt was sent off! Anyone know???

I think that game was Boxing Day 1980 against Cardiff. Mabbutt and a Cardiff player (can't remember his name) were sent off for fighting.

But I remember also two golf balls being thrown at the Cardiff player as he was leaving the pitch. They narrowly missed Mabbutt and were thrown from the Enclosure by the tunnel near where I was standing.

Anyone else remember that?

City v Wolves looking at the records it must have been 1977. Taken by my cousin as I was 10. I remember standing on a box at the front of the east end (I think it was my first time in a pub)

First proper season 1988 (The thing I remember about this is the THREE cup replays against Aldershot)

It was 1 nil to Malmo! And they scored with a great free kick! They then went on to lose to Forest in the Euro Cup final that year and we signed their keeper...

And I can't remember who we played in my first game, but it was the day the Gas lost to Spurs in 9-0 in October 1977, so I knew I had made the right decision!!

Their manager (Bob Houghton) came to manage city he brought with him Roy Hodgson and the keeper Jan Moller. They all arrived 6 months after the epic encounter with Brian Clough and his Forest team in 1979. It was at the time city were in free fall from old 1st Division to 4th Division.

I can remember playing FC Malmo thoe first i heard of this.

First time was with free tickets from school in 1970. Glos cup. I cannot even remember the score as I spent the evening with a 10 pounder in my underpants!!

I then went down to see the first game of the season against Bolton, in 1975.

We won 2-0 although without looking it up, cannot recall who scored. But, at 15 years old I was hooked on the mighty Reds. Shame I can't get to see them now, I miss sitting in the Williams stand ( 12 years )and having a crack watching the boys.

City V Swindle 85, we HAD to win to go up, Swindle needed a draw, they got it...........nearly got nicked trying to get to me bike before the burb numpties of both teams wrecked it wwith their brick lobbing incidents.

Cant remember quite, but did Big Joe and Chris Kamara have a running battle that game? resulting in Mr K copping a sly whack?

Home to Middlesborough, 0-0 draw, think it was 1968, I would have been 6. In the East End.

Must have seen 100's of matches since, at over 50 different grounds, even though I still play (yes, work it out).

Been to the top and back with City, we will return where we belong. :wacko::D:yawn::yawn::grr::grr:

Thanks, PurpleMonkeyDishwasher, just been on CityStats. We drew 0-0 with M'boro in Sept 1967 and Dec 1969. I remember it being a warm day, so it must have been Sept 1967. So I was 5. That's 37 years of heaven and hell, combined. So its probably near a 1,000 games. Might sit down and work it out.

Mine was 28 Oct 1989 (thanks to City stats for the date) and a 3-0 against Wigan. I think Robbie Turner and Gary Shelton scored, but can't for the life of me remember the other scorer.

I also vividly remember a 4-1 hammering of Hull the next season as David Smith completedly tore there right back to pieces, despite being one of the few players able to keep up with him. Happy days :wacko:

Mine was 28 Oct 1989 (thanks to City stats for the date) and a 3-0 against Wigan. I think Robbie Turner and Gary Shelton scored, but can't for the life of me remember the other scorer.

I also vividly remember a 4-1 hammering of Hull the next season as David Smith completedly tore there right back to pieces, despite being one of the few players able to keep up with him. Happy days :D

I remember that Hull game!! Lets hope for similar this Saturday against the tigers.

Dave Smith was a total legend!.

My first game was 1st October 1988 v Swansea City, won 2-0. :wacko:

Archived