IGNORED

What Constitutes Success....

KingswoodRed

Given that the appointment of Tinman was to take City forward what could be conceived as 'success' this season?

Will a place lower than 3rd and no promotion be concidered 'success'?

Does Tinnion deserve as much time as Wilson to get promotion?

This club is crying out for success (no inverted commas), but how much more time does it take & what sort of time is acceptable?

Personally, from the soundbytes given at the start of the season from the club, lack of promotion this season would be concidered unacceptable.

Any thoughts?

There are widely differing opinions of Danny Wilson, and whether it was right for him to be sacked last season. What cannnot be denied is that under his managmeent , the team improved and became consistant promotion contenders.

Tinnion inherited Danny's team that had finished third in the division for the previous 2 seasons, but finishing third was deemed to be failure by the club. Therefore, the only thing that CAN constitute sucess this season is an improvement on Danny's "failure" i.e. 2nd or 1st!

It's tough, but those were the terms under which Tinnion took the job on and Tinnion himself admitted as much following his appointment.

There are widely differing opinions of Danny Wilson, and whether it was right for him to be sacked last season. What cannnot be denied is that under his managmeent , the team improved and became consistant promotion contenders.

Tinnion inherited Danny's team that had finished third in the division for the previous 2 seasons, but finishing third was deemed to be failure by the club. Therefore, the only thing that CAN constitute sucess this season is an improvement on Danny's "failure" i.e. 2nd or 1st!

It's tough, but those were the terms under which Tinnion took the job on and Tinnion himself admitted as much following his appointment.

I think that was the crux of what I was trying to gain thoughts on by my post.

I'm not sure if the original ambitions set out by the club on Tinman's appointment (which were as you have pointed out), are still there given the start to this season.

SL said (paraphrased) he'd look at the situation again after 10 - 15 games.

Whether there has been enough shown to enthuse the board into thinking this is our year is debatable.

I, for what it's worth, am one of the long term 'fans' who have seen & heard this team talked up without much success for too long now (taxi for Mr. Russe).

So surely 1st, 2nd, or promotion via the play-offs are the only three options open to Tinman, SL et al this season or it would have been a backward step, not a forward one.

Guest bristolbred

Personally, i think Tin's has been given this season to build up a team, that in his mind, and not from the Wilson era, would prove a strong challenge for next season. And as long as we don't go down, to him, and the Board, then he'd of had a succesful season!, :city:

But i feel, that he was given the job to eclipse all that Danny had done, so to finish anywhere other than 1st or 2nd would be failure, and if he was lucky enough to have the divisions "in-form!" side in the play-off zone, then it would be a disaster for him, should we not get promoted via the back door!!.

I think the board would be looking at Brian long term, and not short term, and the'll take all the flack, IF, in the eyes of the supporters, we have failed this season!!, :city:

As KingswoodRed says, most fans are in it for the long term, and i feel that no matter what happens, (religation excepted!) that Tin's should be allowed to build up, a strong squad, suited to his style of play, over three seasons!!. :city:

Archived