IGNORED

This Is It.

Spud55

Warnign this is going to be a long post.

This is a strange plea, i am firmly in the willson out camp but i/m not sure wheather now is the right time to change manager.

The next five games are the most important of the season, and for me what happens in these games decides how we fare.

The fixtures for all teams from 1st to ninth are as follows,

QPR

Oldham (a)

Notts (a)

Colchester (h)

Rushden (h)

Blackpool (a)

PLYMOUTH

Notts county (h)

Bournemouth (a)

Brentford (h)

Chesterfield (h)

Gimsby (a)

BRIGHTON

Tranmere (a)

Wycombe (h)

Swindon (a)

Luton (a)

Oldham (h)

BARNSLEY

Luton (a)

Hartlepool (a)

Chesterfield (h)

Blackpool (h)

Colchester (a)

COLCHESTER

hartlepool (a)

Luton (h)

QPR (a)

City (a)

barnsley (a)

LUTON

barnsley (h)

Colchester (a)

Notts County (h)

Brighton (h)

Rushden (a)

BOURNEMOUTH

Wycombe (a)

Plymouth (h)

City (a)

Swindon (a)

Port Vale (h)

PORT VALE

Blackpool (h)

Sheff Wed (a)

Stockport (h)

Hertlepool (a)

Bournemouth (a)

CITY

Sotckport (h)

Brentford (a)

Bournemouth (h)

Colchester (h)

Notts county (a)

This is where it's going to happen if at all, we need to win a bare minimum of 4 of these games, but 5 is almost essential, all the other teams will be taking points off each other, so we must help ourselfs by taking points off them as well when we can. The confidence that we would gain if we won all of these we could continue as we have a long run of games which should not pose a problem, with the exception of one or two away games.

Now is not the time for bleating, bleat all youy want on here and after the games but at games 100% commitment is needed from all, Players, managers, Board members and Fans alike. We are all in the same boat striving for the same thing, lets all pull together for these five games.

The players need to play with all the passion they can muster, the board and manager need to pull out the stops to get in a loan signing or two to give us an edge, and we the fans need to support.

###### what you think of Willson.

if we are playing badly, just shout louder. If only for these five games do not criticise, do not have a go, do not boo, just support. just get the old blind faith back out of the bag for these games, and give it everything. We as fans can only do so much, but what we can do at times can be incredible, lets try it just one more time before we all loose faith completely.

Boo, shout for willsons head all you want after these five games are gone, but for these five crucial games this club needs to be 100% together, now is the time for all at the club to show what we have got, are we a club capable of pulling it out or are we a club of moaners and bottlers ?

These five game could be a turning point either way for this club, we do well, we can push on hopefully for a top 2 place, or we can do badly, not go up and have to start the whole building process all over again.

We have been woefully inconsistant up to this point, if the fans give it their all now, and it still doesn't work, then not one bad word can be said about us as fans, we are known as fickle when we are not fairing well, let's show them that we are not fickle even if it is only for a short time. get behind the team, if they fail with us behind them then the clearout should begin, but if we still can't muster support when the players need it the most, tonight excepted we have been both unlucky and poor infront of goal, mabye all the players need is the support of the fans 100%, to get their confidence back and the luck will come with that.

before i am condemned as a blind optimist, i am not. I just think this is our hour of need, and as supporters we should do all we can to help. If it doesnt work then so be it, but lets get some atmosphere at the gate, i don't care where you are or even if you make yourself look like a tit, sing your heart out, if you do it others will join. We can either sit there wallowing in self pity as it were, or we can at least try to do something about it.

Yes, those sequencies do actually look to be an advantage for us on paper. but it is paper and on paper we should be p155i1ng this division with QPR with PA not too far behind.

Unfortunately I will only be able to make Notts C game but live in hope the players can pull this around.

PS I watched Peacock closely as the board went up as Lita stood ready to come on. He looked shocked, did he want to come off or was he surprised that Miller was chosen or did he expect all out attack with 4 up front chasing the goals we needed. It was a distinct look of disbelief at the bench.

I know it is frustrating but I do agree is it the right time to sack someone going into a busy period. I can't actually see the board sacking Wilson and unless things go really badly I think he will be with us next season. Why they signed him on a 3 year deal I'll never know

I'm sure D.W. is pleased that you have felt able to give him a vote of confidence for 5 games,albeit with the necessary proviso of at least 4 wins.

Likewise to the thought that we should be walking away with the title then surprise,surprise, some fans from half a dozen other clubs also think the same about their team.

Promotion has never been gained or indeed lost in December, and D.W. for sure is going nowhere before the end of the season.Certainly judge him then for the team in place now does carry his face upon it.Expectation of at least a play-off spot is appropriate,this is especially true this time around in what does seem to be a particularly mediocre league.

Guest norfolk in chance

How many more turning points? I thought the last 5 games were a turning point - or was it the 5 before that or maybe even the 5 before that!!!

:rolleyes:

Those games are exactly the sort of teams City aint beating though, and although I never boo the team, etc, it will be exceedingly difficult for many of the fans not to, with performances like the first half last night, and the pretty clear and obvious fact payoffs at best is what we have to look forward to- results say it all..and we have had a pretty #### season so far, even if we have on occasion played very well, as well as the worst performance I have ever seen from a Bristol City side

Come on you Reds....

Those games are exactly the sort of teams City aint beating though, and although  I never boo the team, etc, it will be exceedingly difficult for many of the fans not to, with performances like the first half last night, and the pretty clear and obvious fact payoffs at best is what we have to look forward to- results say it all..and we have had a pretty #### season so far, even if we have on occasion played very well, as well as the worst performance I have ever seen from a Bristol City side

Come on you Reds....

I presume you refer to the Wycombe game, I would say the same of the Wrexham match just three days before that.

SPUD, I've read your message several times and I think the following parts should be heard from the PA system at 2.55pm Saturday, every game!

At games 100% commitment is needed from all, Players, managers, Board members and Fans alike. We are all in the same boat striving for the same thing, lets all pull together for these games.

The players need to play with all the passion they can muster, we the fans need to support. If we are playing badly, just shout louder. If only for these games do not criticise, do not have a go, do not boo, just support. Just get the old blind faith back out of the bag for these games, and give it everything. We as fans can only do so much, but what we can do at times can be incredible, lets try it just one more time

For these five crucial games this club needs to be 100% together, now is the time for all at the club to show what we have got, are we a club capable of pulling it out or are we a club of moaners and bottlers ? If the fans give it their all now, and it still doesn't work, then not one bad word can be said about us as fans, we are known as fickle when we are not fairing well, let's show them that we are not fickle even if it is only for a short time. get behind the team

Lets get some atmosphere at the gate, i don't care where you are or even if you make yourself look like a tit, sing your heart out, if you do it others will join.

I agree all fans should get behind the team but that should be taken as read in any event. The question is even if we do win four out of five what difference does it make? Do you really believe that DW has what it takes to get us up to Div 1 and even if we do get there would you trust him with the cheque book? After the Ward debacle I would not want to go up come back down and start all over again .

I have seen enough of Danny's selections substitutions and acquisitions to convince me that he is not the man to take this club further. It is just a question of who is available and when .

Archived