IGNORED

City Women's Team

Dave L

I see the City Women's team won today. Well done to all.

Reading some of the recent reports on the Women's team I see that we've signed a couple of new players and are also on the lookout to bring more in. How does this work? I'd always assumed that women players were amateur, or at best semi professional. If you move from one end of the country to another to play for a new team, what happens to your job? Perhaps someone in the know could enlighten me.

Reading some of the recent reports on the Women's team I see that we've signed a couple of new players and are also on the lookout to bring more in. How does this work? I'd always assumed that women players were amateur, or at best semi professional. If you move from one end of the country to another to play for a new team, what happens to your job? Perhaps someone in the know could enlighten me.

I was thinking that myself. There's an incredible amount of information about the women's team on the official site. I've just checked that Adam has posted a report on today's game and updated all the relevant info on the results page, the league table, etc.

Why not have an occasional slot on the women's team on Bristol City World? Reserve goalie, Alex (in my avatar) would certainly hold my attention for longer than Keith ("we weren't at the races today") Millen.

Go on, Adam, give it a try.

It's all rather vague as I understand it, though there are rules. We have to give notice to a player's existing club that we wish to talk to her - but it isn't always easy to make contact, apart from face to face! We have a new goalie from USA this year and the problem there is always getting them into the country! Our other two new signings this week - one comes from a lower league and the other was at Watford and is at Uni in Bath.

Many, such as Rachel MacArthur, we had to help find a job to encourage her to join us - it certainly isn't easy to attract good players when they aren't paid. The fact that we have the girls in the FA academy set up is certainly in our favour.

This doesn't answer all your questions and I'll welcome additional info from those more in the know!

I really can't understand why women's football isn't more popular. I mean:

0,,10327~393719,00.jpg

OR

0,,10327~381966,00.jpg

Seriously though, well done on the first win of the season!  :blush:  :whistle::blush:

Are we to be interested in their looks then, or their dubious football ability. Show pictures of a pretty girl.....theres the response.

I know this is not very PC but womens football is just a bit of a laugh as far as I can tell.Especially the goalkeepers.

I've watched it on TV during the Womens World Cup and seen the Womens FA Cup final and England Internationals also on TV.Its dreadfull.Its the same with womens cricket.

I can't say that I've ever seen it live but then I wouldn't bother to go and watch it even if it were on in my local park for free.

Now womens hockey is worth watching and at times is faster and more furious than mens hockey but not womens football.Pleeezzz!

As someone who knows a lady who played for arsenal i can asure you from watching a couple of prem games in the ladies league it is far from a poor standard and is probably up to non league stuff, which when you consider arsenal ladies used to train (2 years ago) twice a week it isnt bad at all.

I personally think the gas football is a bit of a laugh but hey thats what we all think when we have seen them in recent years.

Archived