IGNORED

"must Have Seen A Different Game"

Port Said Red

How often do you see this statement on the forum?

I sat next to Tompo on Saturday and we were pretty impressed with team for most of the game, from where we were we sitting it looked like we were playing good football and we also felt that Brooker looked an ideal target man. I was pleased when we got the goal before half time because we had probed and passed looking for openings against a well schooled team. Good stuff. :blush:

After the game we met up with Willsbridge Red, who had been sitting with the "Subbers" his take on the game was "poor, particularly in the 1st half" and of Brooker "Fell over more often than Lee Peacock"!

I remembered that back in the days of terracing (quiet you small boys at the back :whistle: ) that we would stand in all parts of the ground, just for a change of scenery or something. I was always amazed at how different sections of the crowd would have different favourites and/or villians.

So does it have to do with where you sit, or is it that you get influenced by the people around you?

If it's the view, it would certainly explain some of the refereeing decisions I've seen over the years. :blush:

If it's the people around you, it might explain why certain sections of the crowd pick on certain players. For example the same section of the Dolman always used to pick on Carey and Andy Llewellyn before him, was that because they were the closest to them or because the more vocal supporters started to influence the views of others?

It's something to consider when you see what look like odd comments on the forum......

So does it have to do with where you sit, or is it that you get influenced by the people around you?

I think there's a lot of truth in that. Me and those around me in Dolman B were pretty unanimous that Tony Butler had a stormer on Saturday. But when I met up with Robbored for a lift home afterwards, he and the people around where he sits at the other end of the Dolman thought that Butler was rubbish and should have been taken off. We used to have similar disagreements about Carey last season as well. 'My' block generally seemed to like him, whereas 'his' block were often more critical.

Whether this is to do with looking at the game from a different angle, peer pressure from those around you or whatever is an interesting point. All I know is that quite obviously I am always right :whistle:

Where Richieb,Natcher,Arpaul and I sit in the red section of the Dolman(at the back)is right over the half way line and this gives a spectaculat view of the whole pitch.

You would assume therefore that we all see the same game - not so! Arpaul sees a very game to everyone else,Natcher nearly always agrees with him whilst Richieb and I tend to agree with each other,but not always.

I don't think its where you sit that determines your view of the game,its your mindset about whats going on at the club before the game even kicks off.

Arpaul thought the first 45 on Sat were "awfull" and yet I thought it was the best 45 we'd seen at AG all season.We saw the same game from the same position but had different mindsets.

He's blinkered,I'm not. :whistle:

the same section of the Dolman always used to pick on Carey and Andy Llewellyn before him, was that because they were the closest to them or because the more vocal supporters started to influence the views of others? 

More likely that they were the ones most fearful of being hit when Carey launched another ball up to the front men.

Archived