IGNORED

Possible Takeover

Rocky

So after all that bluster, he now just wants to help the club "reverse the decline". Don't we all?

OK then mate, put our board in touch with the investors that you claim are out there and let's see where it takes us.

Thanks for your ideas and for giving people something to talk about for a couple of days.

Guest yate_lad

I can kind of see where he is coming from though! Getting a £30 million investment for City when he could invest £1.50 and a packet of hula hoops to invest in the Gas take-over!!!

there is nothing new or not already known in that statement... if people read the whole paper article and read his GCSE style facts and figures you would of known that he was never "taking over" the club...

From the start I have said in every post that I have ever said on the subject he is not offering us anything more than help in obtaining investment...

Some people just see £30mil and get on thier high horse.. saying this that and the other...I'm sorry but they are/were idiots, I'm all for people haiving opinions and all but how can people with no real knowledg or understanding of said subject say "yeah get him in, let him have his chance" etc.

You looked a fool when you said it, and now look like an even bigger fool now in front of everyone else.

Ignorance is bliss for some.

How fitting that this clumsy, confused, and contradictory affair should conclude with a clumsy, confused, and contradictory statement.

A couple of points:

1. It's quite arrogant to think that yours will be the last word on the subject.

2. I've never really thought of you as clumsy before.

He made it clear from the start he wasnt trying to take the club over , this is nothing new , he just wants to "help" the club sell themselves to a big business man that will take it over. Its all just pie in the sky anyway , the man hasnt got a clue and i doubt he could attract a businessman to the gate anyway. We already have a very succesfull businessman in charge in steve lansdown , and he will keep the club going and take it forward instead of taking these stupid risks like the idiot that is jon maguire has suggested , thirty mil my arse.

A couple of points:

1. It's quite arrogant to think that yours will be the last word on the subject.

2. I've never really thought of you as clumsy before.

I can exclusively reveal that on reading the post of which Orj appears to be the author, in part or in whole, that I was certainly uncertain - initially and continuedly thenceforth - as to the significance of certain points therein contained to wit that RedZepperin Holdings may have exhibited a certain amount of arrogance concerning the finality of his (or her) comments with regards to the Statement released by the Company regarding press speculation that there was possibly a completely implausible proposal from someone who purported to be looking at the possibility of bidding to take over the Club.

Now that this dreadful uncertainty has come to an end, the players can once again concentrate on playing football again. It must have been absolutely unbearable for them.

I can exclusively reveal that on reading the post of which Orj appears to be the author, in part or in whole, that I was certainly uncertain - initially and continuedly thenceforth - as to the significance of certain points therein contained to wit that RedZepperin Holdings may have exhibited a certain amount of arrogance concerning the finality of his (or her) comments with regards to the Statement released by the Company regarding press speculation that there was possibly a completely implausible proposal from someone who purported to be looking at the possibility of bidding to take over the Club.

Now that this dreadful uncertainty has come to an end, the players can once again concentrate on playing football again. It must have been absolutely unbearable for them.

Yeah, that was clumsy. Fair shout.

Yeah, that was clumsy. Fair shout.

I have converted the text of the original statement to Greek, and back again, using Altavista's babelfish. I have a feeling that it may actually be more coherent!

"The action of city of Bristol that is limited has received the confirmation from Ion Maguire that is not appearred in the undertaking the enterprise. This puts an end to the uncertainty that surrounds the possibility of undertaking that is offered for the club, after certain speculation in the Press. Mr Maguire has clarified that his interest for the club of football of cities of Bristol concerns simply a wish are submitted the ideas of clubs for the inversion, what this considers, was the very bad output of club at the duration of previous ten years. The committee is, and he was always, intense it hears anyones te'tojesdi'pote ideas and she examines depending on the value their any economic proposals that aim in the benefit of bigger economic resources in the club."

there is nothing new or not already known in that statement... if people read the whole paper article and read his GCSE style facts and figures you would of known that he was never "taking over" the club...

From the start I have said in every post that I have ever said on the subject he is not offering us anything more than help in obtaining investment...

Some people just see £30mil and get on thier high horse.. saying this that and the other...I'm sorry but they are/were idiots, I'm all for people haiving opinions and all but how can people with no real knowledg or understanding of said subject say "yeah get him in, let him have his chance" etc. 

You looked a fool when you said it, and now look like an even bigger fool now in front of everyone else.

Ignorance is bliss for some.

He made it clear from the start he wasnt trying to take the club over , this is nothing new , he just wants to "help" the club sell themselves to a big business man that will take it over. Its all just pie in the sky anyway , the man hasnt got a clue and i doubt he could attract a businessman to the gate anyway. We already have a very succesfull businessman in charge in steve lansdown , and he will keep the club going and take it forward instead of taking these stupid risks like the idiot that is jon maguire has suggested , thirty mil my arse.

Errr... didn't Maguire say in the Incider interview that:

- the current board needed to put the club up for sale before anything would happen

- he wanted Colin and Richard on the board, but otherwise it would be a "clean sweep".

So even if Maguire himself wasn't taking over the club, someone else certainly would be.

Sorry to be a bore and all that and I realise that a game was played tonight but just a couple more words on yesterday's statement:

It is interesting that Steve has put an end to this unfortunate episode by releasing a statement in which he is not even mentioned (hence references to Bristol City Holdings, the Company, the Club, the Board and, instead of his photo, the crest is used) and that Jon Maguire is put forward as someone who just wanted to get City out of a rut.

It is also interesting that it is sort of implied that this was all a misunderstanding caused by "press speculation". This is a convenient solution which I'm not sure the press would agree with.

So, all in all: good strategy, bad proof-reading.

Archived