IGNORED

Well Its A Start At Least

whitey_03

It's a start yes, but I'm not sure there is much experience in the team apart from them, will it be enough? ( ie will they get the service?). I see Gillespie is playing just behind them which also sounds good. I wish I could go and watch. :city:

The Gas players will be up for it too. The players who got sent off last night are out for 3 games and 4 games so they will want to impress. Could be a good game. It hasn't stopped drizzling here all day, nice greasy pitch. They should have played it next week, half term. ;)

Why does Heff look half asleep in the photo though? They both travelled last night maybe it was taken earlier today! ;)

A new selection headache for Mr Tinman as all three strikers score. It sounded like Leroy played well last night and that Brooker did well first half so I reckon it'll be same two against Walsall with a change made for Colchester if Leroy plays badly Saturday.

Sadly for Miller I think that Brooker will be given a run of games and barring injury to Brooker this will make it difficult for him to get in the side. Maybe Tins will use the LDV game against Franchise FC to give him a run out..

4 - 1 final score. Boys (ours) against men (theirs) and the boys walked all over them. It was a total and utter stroll from start to finish and we should have scored more.

Heff and Miller worked hard and got a goal each without either of them imposing themselves on the game - Heff looking marginally the livelier of the two. Gillespie looked good in bursts playing in the hole.

Star boys for City: Griff Jones, Joe Anyinsah, Cole Skuse, MOM Scott Brown and Ryan Harley. But as ever it was a good all round City performance which once again emphasised the quality we have coming through.

Biggest Rovers Clowns - their keeper, who hardly held onto anything all game, followed closely by Lewis 'Westlife' Haldane who was lucky not to get sent off for punching Scott Brown, had a stand up row with their manager and got subbed at half time.

And to think Rovers nearly went up to the old 1st less than 10 years ago and finished above us in the League. How have the Shighty fallen.

Heff and Miller worked hard and got a goal each without either of them imposing themselves on the game - Heff looking marginally the livelier of the two.

I thought Miller was the more effective though - he had a hand in 3 of the 4 goals, including a headed flick-on for Heffernan and showed impressive skill and *strength* to hold the ball up in the penalty area under pressure, before laying on a perfect pass for Harley to steam in and score.

Agree Scott Brown was MOM and Griff Jones at right back looked a really good prospect, first time I've seen him.

All in all though, surely it's about time the reserves were given some decent professional opposition? ;)

4 - 1 final score. Boys (ours) against men (theirs) and the boys walked all over them. It was a total and utter stroll from start to finish and we should have scored more.

Heff and Miller worked hard and got a goal each without either of them imposing themselves on the game - Heff looking marginally the livelier of the two. Gillespie looked good in bursts playing in the hole.

Star boys for City: Griff Jones, Joe Anyinsah, Cole Skuse, MOM Scott Brown and Ryan Harley. But as ever it was a good all round City performance which once again emphasised the quality we have coming through.

Biggest Rovers Clowns - their keeper, who hardly held onto anything all game, followed closely by Lewis 'Westlife' Haldane who was lucky not to get sent off for punching Scott Brown, had a stand up row with their manager and got subbed at half time.

And to think Rovers nearly went up to the old 1st less than 10 years ago and finished above us in the League. How have the Shighty fallen.

When you consider Forrester, Besweterwick, Burns were pre season signings and Haldane was their big hope last year they were a total embarrassment.

I don't think I've seen a worse keeper at Reserve level than their guy, he was pitiful.

We need to start to find better standard opposition to play than this.

Its only a reserve game, but its a start ;)

Miller & Heffernan Strikeforce?

Spot On.

We need all of our strikers to be fit as we've seen Suspensions & Injuries are coming thick and fast.

I was also glad to see Gillespie playing and all of them scored.

The only problem I have with our reserve outings is the standard of the opposition but a games a game and The Gas had quite a few first teamers in.

We need to start to find better standard opposition to play than this.

I asked about the possibility of a better quality of opposition for the Reserves a couple of weeks ago. The replies I got on here indicated that it was arranged at a local level, so not much available. I was hoping some games could be arranged between us and Prem/championship Reserves. The quality of opposition would be a better test for our ex academy players and our players recovering from injury or on the fringe of a 1st team place.Better for motivation/moral too?

This doesn't seem possible to arrange so we have to play mangotsfield ( no disrespect to them) etc on a wet Tuesday night. ;)

By the looks of things ou academy is doing us proud. Scott Brown and Ryan Harley will definitely be first choice midfielders in seasons to come, especially Brown who i think has a real talent.

How did Clint Davis do? I heard he made a few good saves.

Harley's Academy but Brown's on a 3 month contract, after being released by Everton.

I liked the brief look I had of him against Hull.He looked pacy,busy and had a nice first touch.

I know from the goals he's got for us he can biff it from 20-30 yards out.

I say give the kid a try.

I liked the brief look I had of him against Hull.He looked pacy,busy and had a nice first touch.

I know from the goals he's got for us he can biff it from 20-30 yards out.

I say give the kid a try.

totally agree with you on Brown, certainly worth another go in the first team, but with Tommy back it does not look hopeful.

Archived