IGNORED

Adie Williams

Robbored

Some of us have known for the best part of three weeks that City have been after Williams but due to confidentiality did not make it public.

Now the City interest in him has been revealed, my question is - why go public now and not before?

Does this mean that City have spoken to Williams and are close to sealing the deal?

Or is it something that the EP revealed and City wish they hadn't?

I would have prefered it if the EP had kept quiet and delayed the story untill it was certain that City had signed him.Unless of course the story was leaked to the EP by City.

But why now?

I think you'll find its that one. But if the Mirror reported it a couple of days ago saying that City & Sheff Utd were intrested that you might wonder if an agent is trying to make more clubs aware.

Agents - The scum of the earth.

I think you'll find its that one. But if the Mirror reported it a couple of days ago saying that City & Sheff Utd were intrested that you might wonder if an agent is trying to make more clubs aware.

I understand what you mean but the player is on the transfer list isn't he? Don't the clubs get the names of available players sent to them (or have I been watching too many 'footballers wives' type programmes) as it was hardly a secret he could be available?

I expect you are right about an agents leak, more like he is trying to force our hand or any other clubs involved, or push his client into a quick decision as he wants his cut?

So the original posting a couple of weeks back (by Bristol Boy was it ????)was actually wrong !!!

Did it not state that a new signing would be announced on the Thursday, now some two weeks later it's reported only as a target of BCFC, and we would like to, and are trying, sign him.

If it was in the Mirror a few days ago, what has changed in the last two weeks then ???

;)

According to that site he will come for a swap with Danny Coles.  NO!!!

Swop for Colsey? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo!

I hope Danny has spoken to Scotty regarding life at Reading. ;)

Maybe they think we owe them for the Scott Murray transfer deal?

I'm still bitter from when Reading took Keith Curle from us for only £150,000 and sold him a year later for £500,000 (to wimbledon!). ;)

So the original posting a couple of weeks back (by Bristol Boy was it ????)was actually wrong !!!

Did it not state that a new signing would be announced on the Thursday, now some two weeks later it's reported only as a target of BCFC, and we would like to, and are trying, sign him.

If it was in the Mirror a few days ago, what has changed in the last two weeks then ???

What seems to have changed is:

1.Williams mind.

2.Alternative interest from the other club I mentioned.

3.He's injured, apparently.

He was expected to sign last Thursday, as he visted the Gate on the Monday, however, another club showed interest, so he went to talk to them.

He had the weekend to think it over,bearing in my mind, he could always leave it to the end of the season and then leave on a Bosman, so unless he gets a good offer, option 3 has always been to stay put.

Like I said in an earlier posting,two things in our favour are geography and the fact we may be able to offer a longer contract than the Championship team so we'll have to wait and see

Swop for Colsey? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo!

I hope Danny has spoken to Scotty regarding life at Reading. ;)

Maybe they think we owe them for the Scott Murray transfer deal?

I'm still bitter from when Reading took Keith Curle from us for only £150,000 and sold him a year later for £500,000 (to wimbledon!). :city:

Never mind, Coles would be back within 6months!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Guest yate_lad

What seems to have changed is:

1.Williams mind.

2.Alternative interest from the other club I mentioned.

3.He's injured, apparently.

He was expected to sign last Thursday, as he visted the Gate on the Monday, however, another club showed interest, so he went to talk to them.

He had the weekend to think it over,bearing in my mind, he could always leave it to the end of the season and then leave on a Bosman, so unless he gets a good offer, option 3 has always been to stay put.

Like I said in an earlier posting,two things in our favour are geography and the fact we may be able to offer a longer contract than the Championship team so we'll have to wait and see

Ha ha looks like the lad was right!!

Archived