IGNORED

Clint Davis

GrahamC

I noticed at the reserves' stroll to victory yesterday that he was wearing a shirt with his name on and the number 30, whilst the outfield players wore the numbers 2-11 without names; presumably that means he has now been allocated a squad number?

It was also my first opportunity to see him play and although he didn't have a great deal to do against such pitiful opposition he did kick well, is very tall and did make one excellent save.

With an LDV game coming up I wonder whether Tinns might take the opportunity to give the ever available Steve Phillips a well deserved rest and give this lad a game.

Why rest Philips, does he need to be rested, is he showing signs of fatigue, is he not performing, is his fitnest gone. He does not need to be rested .

His fitness is excellent, he doesnt use energy levels like outfield players, so unless he is showing signs of fatigue or injury why leave him out an improving team.

Needs to stay in team, one of best players. We havnt got quality to rest top players in team, we are no Chelsea..

Also we need to win all games Clints time will come when the time is right. Let Mr Tinnion decide.

I do agree it may be time to give Heff a bigger role....

.........(deep intake of breath) now breath!

I have noticed though that for quite a big guy, our stevie boy don't half go down injured a lot....I don't think I've ever seen a keeper get as much physio treatment over the course of a season.

This is not a criticism, just an observation

Davis should get some experience at first team level.If Phillips does get injured or sent off then BT is faced with either playing rookie Davis in goal or hurrying around to find a loan 'keeper with the extra expense of any such loan deal.

It would make perfect sense to play Davis along with the regular back four players and the LDV is a first team outing but at the same time not a crucial fixture.

Then if Davis is called upon he'll at least some idea of what to expect.

Davis should get some experience at first team level.If Phillips does get injured or sent off then BT is faced with either playing rookie Davis in goal or hurrying around to find a loan 'keeper with the extra expense of any such loan deal.

It would make perfect sense to play Davis along with the regular back four players and the LDV is a first team outing but at the same time not a crucial fixture.

Then if Davis is called upon he'll at least some idea of what to expect.

Why would he loan a keeper? Thats exactly why Davis is here, cover for Philips.

Agree with Bristol Boy's comment above though.

Archived