IGNORED

West Midlands Police...............

Bristolbred - what happened to you is absolutley disgraceful.fair enough,move to another stand i can understand that,less hassle.but to SPLIT UP A FAMILY?!thats insane,and very senseless.

alex_mike - make sure it doesn't happen again.

Cheers

Rick

Edit- grumpy old man - there always is a number of our police there,hardly any though,but they go to every game city play,home or away.

i can assure you that it wasn't the avon and somerset police who were heavy handed...

Only 2 subbers were arrested not every time one went to the toilet, and one of these not charged. The one that was charged was arrested when he went to the toilet after about 20 minutes and was there with his wife 13 year old son.

When he came out of the toilet a policeman( i would use another word but would be banned)asked him if he had had a drink before the game. When he replied he had the *** said in his opinion he was drunk and was under arrest!

There is far more i could say about events but people who believe the police are saints and only doing a diificult job will noy believe them.

The one thing i will say is that a *** eventualy replied to the hundreds of questions being asked as to why no actions being taken against the walsall group intent on goading and gesturing at the CITY fans with " we know about them and they will be dealt with at the end of the match".

Why they wanted to wait till the end of the match i will leave for you to make your own conclusions, but i believe it is another example that the police wished to provoke as much "trouble" as possible.

Those on duty yesterday where a bunch of hooligans that ruined my and my childrens and many others expensive day out at a football match and i personally wouldn't p*** on one if he was on fire!

Some of our fans were acting like morons, egging on the Walsall fans and generally being prats.

One guy said to me "they started it", as if this justified the cretinous  behaviour of the City fans involved. Ever heard of IGNORING them?

city goading walsall fans??? other way around, there were 30

walsall casuals type lads sat in the corner block that was

near the corner of the city end, they were for 80 minutes

constantly goading the city fans and applauding when innocent

city fans were arrested for just going to the toilet, this is

bound to wind up city, tempers were bound to get frayed

not saying this is justified but with the treatment of the

police city fans were getting and to have this 30 odd prats

laughing at these fans being arrested it was always going to

light the firework fuse paper .

now any sensible copper would have moved this lot of walsall

fans away from that area instead of 200 odd city in one block.

there was plenty of room in the home areas to move this walsall

Quote from up the board "Did anyone see the way they were agaisnt the fox hunting protesters? They turned a simple innocent protest into a war. There wos like harmless people being hit round the head with batons for no apparent reason." :whistle: how can you say that :whistle:

Oh the poor little fox hunters!! get a life mate, these were the same people who Rip the HARMLESS animals to pieces in the name of sport. The police shouldent of hit them with a batton...... no....... they should of let there dogs loose and ripped THEM to pieces.

Getting back to the point, the police at football think they can do WHATEVER they like to people at football, and they do. Ive been on the recieving end more than a few times, the only way is to do what some Cardiff lads did and video the police.They took the police to court with video evidence ( think it was yorkshire police ?) and won.

Back in the late 80's and early 90's we always had grief from the West Midlands Constabulary.

I'm pretty sure back then there was a serving Avon and Somerset officer who officially complained about them to his superiors.

I remember it well - a guy who I worked with who wouldn't hurt a fly came back with a broken ankle from the Play Off game! - the same game as the serving Police Officer attended

I was one of the many that complained about the West Midlands constabulary many years ago at the play off final at the old Fellows park.

The policeing on that day was a total disgrace, even an off duty policeman who was a City fan and attended the match wrote a letter of complaint like myself and so many others did.

That day i witnessed a fan being punched in the face for no reason.

An elderly couple wearing City scarves with dozens of badges attatched being slated by the police for attending the match,this at the turnstile before kick off,i remember one officer said "i'ts a disgrace why an old lady like you should be here"

There were incidents of police bullying all through the game that day and it was without doubt the worst policeing of a game that i ever witnessed.

A few weeks later i was invited to Broadbury rd police station to talk to a detective from W Midlands who with others was conducting an investigation into the problems that day.

He showed me photos taken from the air showing 3 or 4 police transit vans upturned by City fans but was fair enough to admit that the severity of the violence that day was largely fuelled by members of his own force.

A mere 48 hours after that match was drawn we were back up Walsall for the replay,the police were the most pleasent and helpful bunch ever even sharing some good banter with us result we lost the most important game of the season 4 0 but without any crowd trouble at all.

My final thought is this,a well organised and friendly police operation equals a much better day for all

A mere 48 hours after that match was drawn we were back up Walsall for the replay,the police were the most pleasent and helpful bunch ever even sharing some good banter with us result we lost the most important game of the season 4 0 but without any crowd trouble at all.

My final thought is this,a well organised and friendly police operation equals a much better day for all

???????????????

The person who got pushed over was my uncle nd it was to coppers who did it nd my cousin got grabbed around the throat thats why she was crying by the thugs (Police) you might have seen my dad and my other uncle have ago at one of the coppers with my auntie.

my dad told me to put...........

"the police are a load of young mindless thugs it brings back memorys from the 80's

when i asked the copper about the treatment of my brother in law and other city fans he said he's not interested and shrugged his shoulders which wound me up and i can see how easily push law abiding people to the limit!!"

The person who got pushed over was my uncle nd it was to coppers who did it nd my cousin got grabbed around the throat thats why she was crying by the thugs (Police) you might have seen my dad and my other uncle have ago at one of the coppers with my auntie.

What a family outing! To avoid trouble in future, perhaps you should stick to seaside away trips, Bournemouth, Blackpool........ :whistle:

Reminds me of how terrible the stewards/police were when my brother was 'clearly' picked up and thrown over the wall and onto the pitch at Hamil Road a couple of seasons back... :city:

It's about time they sorted out the problem with picking out certain fans at random in the crowd and targetting them for no reason whatsoever! :whistle:

Please, sort it out! :whistle:

Having sat and watched the police in the corner yesterday from block next to the corner here are a few observations.

There were a number of West Mids police who were hostile and antagonistic. When I tried to speak to one of them he told me that there was plenty more room in the cells.

However there were other police who were also aware of this problem and were reasonable. It seems that there is police from different forces West Mids, BTP and the few Avon and somerset and it appeared that it was the West Mids who had the problem and were clearly out of order.

Many people saw the guy get pulled over the hoardings and that must be on the police video and I hope that gets investigated.

On the other hand there were a lot of drunk hostility during the match. I keep reading about the goading from the 10-15 Walsall fans well just ignore it. Some of them were just teenagers and hardly a threat to world peace.

It makes me wonder how some of our fans would cope going to places like Leeds, Wolves, West Ham etc. Inevitably we have a reputation and it wasn't right yesterday. I had had quite a few but sometimes you need to walk away and stop fighting one man wars(caus it ain't worth it).

Some police are out of order and so were some of our fans yesterday and to talk about the miners strike and the poll tax riots is pointless.

I sympathise with the heavy handedness and unjust arrests but some of our fans didn't help the situation and we shouldn't be too amazed when some of the police get p'd off.

Quote from up the board "Did anyone see the way they were agaisnt the fox hunting protesters? They turned a simple innocent protest into a war. There wos like harmless people being hit round the head with batons for no apparent reason." :whistle:  how can you say that :whistle:

Oh the poor little fox hunters!! get a life mate, these were the same people who Rip the HARMLESS animals to pieces in the name of sport. The police shouldent of hit them with a batton...... no....... they should of let there dogs loose and ripped THEM to pieces.

Getting back to the point, the police at football think they can do WHATEVER they like to people at football, and they do. Ive been on the recieving end more than a few times, the only way is to do what some Cardiff lads did and video the police.They took the police to court with video evidence ( think it was yorkshire police ?) and won.

Actually I was just using it as an example to show another ocassion when the polcie have been out of order. Technically when the event took palce the fox hunters were just standing there casuing no trouble.

The atmosphere was fine and lighthearted until a city fan was arrested for being drunk when he walked out of the toilet. This man was there with his wife and 13 year old son and not out to cause trouble. He was marched off in front of all his other mates and fans in what was a deliberate attempt to annoy and provoke people. His son went running after him and his wife ended up in tears.

As for the goading there wouldn't have been a problem if they dealt with both sets of fans equaly but this clearly wasn't the case.

They were out to deliberately provoke trouble and this club should ask the authorities for an explanation of their actions.

When the walsall fan got the ball and messed around with merson he turned to the CITY fans and gave a flurry of V signs, to which a number of police in our section burst out laughing. No action was taken then, and only after continual abuse from him and his mates where this group talked to, but none ejected. This individual was finaly taken out with about 10 minutes to go, CITY fans were arrested straight away.

I agree that ignoring these morons is the best way but the police should deal with all fans the same.

People people!! The police are clearly angels They are doing a very difficult job. Ok, they have to crack a few heads and arrest people for no reason occasionally. Isn't this a small price to pay for them protecting us from all the evil nasty people out there. At least they keep the streets safe???.................................Oh, I forgot. They don't even do that any more! :@

The people who always rush to defend the police are invariably those who have had little, if any, experience of being arrested. Just give it time fellas. Your day will come. But I trust that you won't come whining to the rest of us when they haul you off to the cells on a trumped up charge, and give you verbal, or physical, abuse. :whistle:

People people!! The police are clearly angels  They are doing a very difficult job. Ok, they have to crack a few heads and arrest people for no reason occasionally. Isn't this a small price to pay for them protecting us from all the evil nasty people out there. At least they keep the streets safe???.................................Oh, I forgot. They don't even do that any more!  :@

The people who always rush to defend the police are invariably those who have had little, if any, experience of being arrested. Just give it time fellas. Your day will come. But I trust that you won't come whining to the rest of us when they haul you off to the cells on a trumped up charge, and give you verbal, or physical, abuse.  :whistle:

Absolutely, and as someone else said on here ages ago, you don't have to be a turkey to be afraid of Christmas. It could well be your turn next.

I'll certainly be laying off the wine-gums when I'm next in the West-Midlands; wouldn't wanna be caught with that on my breath...... :@ :@ :@

People people!! The police are clearly angels  They are doing a very difficult job. Ok, they have to crack a few heads and arrest people for no reason occasionally. Isn't this a small price to pay for them protecting us from all the evil nasty people out there. At least they keep the streets safe???.................................Oh, I forgot. They don't even do that any more!  :@

The people who always rush to defend the police are invariably those who have had little, if any, experience of being arrested. Just give it time fellas. Your day will come. But I trust that you won't come whining to the rest of us when they haul you off to the cells on a trumped up charge, and give you verbal, or physical, abuse.  :whistle:

Been arrested and mistreated twice following City and put up with loads of harrasment over the years.

Also happen to work with the police sometimes. Some of them are ok and some aren't. Was just saying as I saw it yesterday.

There's freedom of speech, and then there's being a confrontational moron.

An there is being a total kin Prat Gazareth..

I KNOW what they are talking about, when I got the same treatment ant Chelseas poxed up ground...I WASNT doing owt but celebrating a goal..........Most fans don't behave like muppets

Act your age, not your shoe size

One last point, while I'm no lover of Dibbles, I DO know some decent ones, and sometimes, just sometimes they go OTT, but some of the stuff they put up with is stuff we'd get locked up for responding too. That said WM Dibbles behaved like a bunch of see you next Tuesdays, and lets hope they get hauled over the coals.

Some of our fans were acting like morons, egging on the Walsall fans and generally being prats.

One guy said to me "they started it", as if this justified the cretinous  behaviour of the City fans involved. Ever heard of IGNORING them?

I agree to a certain extent- it is better to ignore any goading and some people didn't help themselves by going into that area. BUT the real problem wasn't any trouble between the two sets of fans. It was all good banter which fans from both ends seemed to be enjoying. The problem was NEEDLESS arrests for nothing, which then caused all other problems (even then there was no "violent reaction" from City fans)

Archived