IGNORED

I Got Arrested Yesterday, Did Anyone Else?

LSN

Why did I get arrested? For having Cider breath after asking a policeman if we were queing up in the right queu. (if thats how you spell it)

I was arrested for being 'drunk and dissorderly':

1) I approached the policeman politely

2) I asked him with respect

3) I had had Cider to drink, but not enough for me to be drunk

4) I was not dissorderly what so ever!

5) I have freinds who were witnesses to this

They seemed to want to arest me to bring the numbers down. There was other people like myself who were simply near a pliceman and asked a question, they smelt alcohol in their breath and tookm them away.

WE WERE NOT EVEN BREATHALISED!

I will a\lso complian with the amount of abuse I had i the police cell. We were goaded by police, "Rovers made more noise than you lot"

One even said to me "you smell like poo, ugh your sick all of you", "your never going to watch a football game again", "ugh whats your hands like that for?" I said "It 's where I work, it staines the hands because I work in a carpentry shop", "by the looks of it you f'in stink!". Is that the right behaviour of the police?

I used to have respect for the police but not now. My freinds uncle is a quality policeman in my town, but will I look at him with the same respect after how I was treated yestersday?

I have been in contact with a solicitor today and he suggested I ask if there was anyone else who has to appear at Walsall magistrates on thursday and are pleading NOT guilty like myself. If there is a large group of us, the football club may use their own soliciter to help and also transport to get up there.

My freind also said there were people unjustifully being thrown out for going to the toilet, he also said a few people he spoke to at half time had freinds who were arrested like myself for similar reasons.

Does his teach us a lesson? Yes it does, do not talk to policeman.

Anyway, I am asking if anyone else has to appear in court on thursday to get in touch with me and we will launch a complaint to Bristol City Football Club about the harsh treatments we had today.

Please speak out because this will certainly help us.

Sorry to hear this LSN,i was going to go yesterday but couldnt make it,I'm glad i never now in some ways,SO COME ON CITY FANS ANYBODY HAD THE SAME TREATMENT BY POLICE SPEAK OUT,Lets get this sorted if police want respect there going the wrong about it,GOOD LUCK LSN

UP THE CITY,LESS RESPECT FOR THE POLICE

If any of you feel you have a complaint to make against the West Midlands Police actions at Walsall then write directly to:

The Police Complaints Authority

10 Great George Street

London

SW1P 3AE

Don't forget to quote the numbers and/or names of the Police officers you are complaining about :whistle:

If I was you, I would put it all in writing and add that you are taking legal advice and then send it to both Avon and Somerset and West Midlands police forces top dogs.

Avon and Somerset will know all about the West Midlands force and won't be happy about things, and may hold their own inquiry into our supporters treatment.

It may be worth going onto other teams forums, that have already played at Walsall and ask them if they had any problems of the same nature.

On a personal note, a few years back when I went to Walsall, having had 1 drink in the same supporters club as yourself, I was refused entry as I smelt of beer!!

So I walked away, came back 2 minutes later and went in another turnstyle.

The West Midlands force are renouned for being well over the top and something needs to be done about them!!

Guest seaCider_red
I can garuntee none of those thing were me.

At least we can say no one got arrested for being drunk. :whistle:

Want to get your own house in order before shouting your mouth off on here.

I think, (not sure) that being drunk in a public place is an arrestable offence.

Public place, e.g a football match.

Lets face it, he wouldn't get arreseted for nothing as he seems to suggest.

Can only assume you've never been to an away game before, any regular follower of his/her team would know what tossbags SOME police are!!

FAO Willgas,

I can assure you that in my previous "nicked" at Walsall experience, this police force is a disgrace.

An example, me in the urinals with other City fans including a couple of the group I travelled up with.

Two police walk in; one black and one white. They walk past everybody in there close enough to slightly nudge you and look over your shoulder staring directly at you wanting a reaction.

As they walked out, 1 person reacted with a racist word. They both come back in with another 4 policeman who just happened to be outside.

They all let us leave after about 10 minutes with nobody owning up.

Later, City score, me and my mates have a large group hug and the 3 of us who were in the toilets at the same time are pulled out the crowd and in a police van with other recently familiar faces from the toilets.

The racist comment was wrong; the intimidation was far worse! We were nicked for nothing more than taking a whizz and celebrating a goal. They kept us in their van for 1 hour after the end of the game. Lots of pleasant comments aimed towards us whilst there as well.

Animals with badges is what they are.

Aaahhhh I remember the JJB last time we played Wigan away. As we walked back to the car park, one lad in front of us was simply batoned for doing absolutely jack. The GMP then drove at a van through the City fans, against the flow on the walkway.

If, as it seems many city supporters saw this yesterday, or had problems well the more official complaints that are made, the more likely the 'Narcs'll' have to do somethng about it.

I must admit that 99% of the time they seem to do a blinding job, but when it comes to demos or footie well that 1% minority spoil it for everyone else(sounds like something I've heard before).

The moral is always get a badge number, or don't support a footie team.

I would just like to say as someone who has NOT had an alcoholic drink for three months but previous to that have many experiences of various states of drunkeness, that in my honest opinion LSN was NOT by any exageration DRUNK.

I previously only knew LSN from his forum posts, but had the pleasure to meet him and his friends in the sadlers club before the match and thouroughly enjoyed the experience.He was articulate and steady on his feet and DID NOT display any signs of drunkeness whatsoever!

When i left the club about 2.30ish he was finishing his last drink and preparing to make his way to the ground, what happened when he was arrested i cannot comment on as i wasn't there, but i must say that i find any claims that he was drunk ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS, unless he had stayed in the club drinking for a very long time afterwards!

The actions of the police inside the ground was an absolute disgrace and i believe they made a determined effort to cause and provoke trouble, and deliberately portrayed an unfriendly stance.

My chidren of 10 and 13 where horrified by what they saw and i don't know how i can possibly teach them to have any respect for the police after this despite the fact that their aunty and uncle are both ex police "persons"!

I am not here to "rant and rave" but to say it as i soberly saw it!

I would just like to say as someone who has NOT had an alcoholic drink for three months but previous to that have many experiences of various states of drunkeness, that in my honest opinion LSN was NOT by any exageration DRUNK.

I previously only knew LSN from his forum posts, but had the pleasure to meet him and his friends in the sadlers club before the match and thouroughly enjoyed the experience.He was articulate and steady on his feet and DID NOT display any signs of drunkeness whatsoever!

When i left the club about 2.30ish he was finishing his last drink and preparing to make his way to the ground, what happened when he was arrested i cannot comment on as i wasn't there, but i must say that i find any claims that he was drunk ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS, unless he had stayed in the club drinking for a very long time afterwards!

The actions of the police inside the ground was an absolute disgrace and i believe they made a determined effort to cause and provoke trouble, and deliberately portrayed an unfriendly stance.

My chidren of 10 and 13 where horrified by what they saw and i don't know how i can possibly teach them to have any respect for the police after this despite the fact that their aunty and uncle are both ex police "persons"!

I am not here to "rant and rave" but to say it as i soberly saw it!

got to agree with you on this one as i stood having a chat with lsn

in the sadlers club and he was FAR FROM BEING DRUNK...

I would like to thank Old Spot and Cider Head who I too enjoyed having a conversation with yesterday in the supporters club to say the truth and explain I was not drunk. I will be printing this page off and giving it to the solicitor tomorrow if that is ok with everyone just to add to my defence and wrongful arrest.

The fact is, my breath smelt of the drink that I had last drunk, Cider. The officer smelt this and presumed i was drunk. Not for my behaviour, but for the smell of my breath.

I would also liek to state that two men who were sharing the walsall football clubs cells with me had children with them, they were led away by police and their children stranded with the mans wives who were not told what to do. Why would men with responsibilities of children want to drink as much to get drunk at a football game, enough to be arrested?

In my oppinion of all the stories I have read about the west midlands police, i am angry that I have been wrongfully arrested.

I have no respect for the police in general anymore by the way they treated us, with taunts and goading of us behind a cage, trying to get a reaction from us, which in fact a couple of the younger men did get wound up and made an aggressive reaction. What I witnessed was beyond what I could beleive.

I'll let you decide if I am guilty or innocent and you can judge me for yourself, in my eyes I am innocent.

Thanks once again to Old Spot and Cider Head.

Does anyone remember about 10 or so years ago when city drew 2-2 at Birmingham (After being 2-0 up at half time) I was quite rightly nicked then for putting a small drop of whiskey from a hip flask in my half time cuppa. Being arrested for that was not the issue but the way West Midlands police treated me afterwards was appauling.

I went with a female friend, her 8 year old son, a male friend and my son who was 12. (I was about 41)

In the cell under the stand the arrsting officers continually goaded me, laughing and taking the p***. I asked them on anumber of occasions if they would please tell my son and friends what was going to happen to me. They laughingly insisted that they had.

Afer the match I was banged up in a police van taking me to the police station.

At the police station I was charged, belt and shoe laces taken away and banged up in a police cell.

About an hour later I was told I could leave after agreeing to a caution.

I went outside the police station and sat on the wall. 10 minutes later my friends pulled up. I assumed that the police had told them where I was. Far from it. the police had told them nothing even when they had asked.They had driven around the local police stations and luckily stumbled across where I was.

If I had just been with my son he would have been alone and goodness knows what would have happened to him.

I was completely angry with myself that for the first time in my life I had been arrested at the age of 41. I was even more angry for the TOTAL lack of respect and LIES from the police.

I subsequently complained to the West Mislands chief of police and received an appology after letters and phone calls.

The moral is always get a badge number, or don't support a footie team.

Not too naive then! Firstly. Half the time they hide their badge numbers. Secondly. The police investigate themselves. If you think that anything is going to be achieved by reporting incidents like this, you are living in cloud cuckoo land. Think back to when the police attacked City supporters before up at Walsall. Plenty of complaints. Lots of promises of action. End result - no charges brought against any of 'em. Unfortunately, as BCFCNW stated, many football supporters actually accept being treated like dirt as part and parcel of following their team. :whistle:

The moral of the story actually is. Never ever approach the police. They are not on our side. They are the enemy. Always have been. Always will be. :@

The moral of the story actually is. Never ever approach the police. They are not on our side. They are the enemy. Always have been. Always will be.    :@

The Monarchist Police in this country are programmed like robots to keep their 'Queen's Peace'. If keeping their 'Queen's Peace' involves grabbing little girls around the throat at a football match - then that's OK with them as their cap badge denotes that they act on their imposter Queen's authority. Being an English Republican :whistle: I see the Police, with their Royalist chrome plate badges and insignia, as mere servants of their German descended God Queen. It's about time that they realised that it's not their Queen that pays their fat wages and pensions but our taxes :whistle::city::D

There is a Walsall fan (Magic_Fan_Man) commenting on the discussion on this Thread on the Walsall Rivals site(link below). He's a genuine guy and comments that he has spoken to a number of fans from differing clubs who have experienced problems with the West Mids Police at Bescott. It might be an idea to leave a message asking him for further info (ie which clubs, any usernames for these individuals on other rivals messageboards).

LINK: http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=9...ytoid=536155958

If you are not already registered with Rivals you will need to go to the City Rivals site to do so (link below).

LINK: http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=916&p=16 and click Membership I believe

I would like to thank Old Spot and Cider Head who I too enjoyed having a conversation with yesterday in the supporters club to say the truth and explain I was not drunk. I will be printing this page off and giving it to the solicitor tomorrow if that is ok with everyone just to add to my defence and wrongful arrest.

The fact is, my breath smelt of the drink that I had last drunk, Cider. The officer smelt this and presumed i was drunk. Not for my behaviour, but for the smell of my breath.

I would also liek to state that two men who were sharing the walsall football clubs cells with me had children with them, they were led away by police and their children stranded with the mans wives who were not told what to do. Why would men with responsibilities of children want to drink as much to get drunk at a football game, enough to be arrested?

In my oppinion of all the stories I have read about the west midlands police, i am angry that I have been wrongfully arrested.

I have no respect for the police in general anymore by the way they treated us, with taunts and goading of us behind a cage, trying to get a reaction from us, which in fact a couple of the younger men did get wound up and made an aggressive reaction. What I witnessed was beyond what I could beleive.

I'll let you decide if I am guilty or innocent and you can judge me for yourself, in my eyes I am innocent.

Thanks once again to Old Spot and Cider Head.

no problem mate...

the joke of it his he smelt your breath and arrested you for it

but i bet he didn't check to see how you traveled to the game,

you could have driven up for all he knew.

dam crazy them old bill :whistle:

LSN also point out to your solicitor

that it is an offence to sell alcohol to someone that

is intoxicated (drunk).

This means that the staff and management

at the Saddlers are liable for serving

persons that were intoxicated.

so staff and management therefore deemed you as not

drunk and served you as if you were drunk they should

not have served you and alerted police to you there

and then as many were watched in that club :whistle:

The Monarchist Police in this country are programmed like robots to keep their 'Queen's Peace'. If keeping their 'Queen's Peace' involves grabbing little girls around the throat at a football match - then that's OK with them as their cap badge denotes that they act on their imposter Queen's authority. Being an English Republican  :whistle:  I see the Police, with their Royalist chrome plate badges and insignia, as mere servants of their German descended God Queen. It's about time that they realised that it's not their Queen that pays their fat wages and pensions but our taxes :whistle:  :city:  :D

Good on you Red Goblin, another great point, a fair few years ago I went to middlesborough away (the chief got sent off) with my then girlfriend the police were a total joke, force the handful of city fans to stand in the middle of the open terrace in rain and wind, refused to let my girlfriend leave early to try and take cover. the list is endless since then I have always looked at the police in a new light.

LSN if the police officer never gave you his name and number he should have wrote down what his name and number was and why he arrested you.

all this info will be on his charge sheet

name number and reasons for arrest as if it

is not then it won't stand up in court.

if not then something dodgy is going on..

Makes me sick hearing about stuff like this...some police really are hooligans in uniform, from what i have heard some of our fans were treated in a similar manner at Mansfield on the first day of the season...all because we took a lot more than they had bargained for. And it looked like you had a fair few at Walsall so the police were probably paranoid.

As a serving police officer in the Avon & Somerset.I would like to ENCOURAGE all city fans that were treated harshly by the West Mids police to make a complaint.This type of behaviour is unacceptable from anybody let alone police officers.

Indeed you may wish to consider contacting a solicitor and taking legal proccedings out against the officers concerned for assault ect particulary if any of you were arrested and not charged :whistle:

Archived